Sign in to follow this  
Forest

Report Abuse and You

This thread goes out to all of the members as well as non-members who are out to get Moderators or Administrators. Before I get started, I would like to point out that this is not directed toward anyone specifically, and that it is just anyone in General (lul, see what I did there?).

First of all, I have noticed a confusion among many individuals concerning the "Member Protest" category and the "Report Abuse" category.

Without going any further, it is painfully obvious that there is a difference in the two. One is pertaining to Moderators/Administrators, while the other is your run-of-the-mill complaints toward any non-xG or xG members (Note ANY).

The Member Protest category is there so that you may complain or argue against someone who is breaking our server rules. Things such as Mass Free Killing (Jailbreak), Hacking (General), RDM'ing (TTT). Obviously you wouldn't post complaints against a Moderator/Administrator in that they are abusing their powers in this category, however; this is what the Report Abuse thread is for.

Here is where problems begin to formulate. For reasons unknown, some individuals think that messing up with rules pertaining to a certain game/division has to do with Mods/Admins abusing their powers.

Wait, what the fuck? Breaking server rules? That sounds like something that should be in Member Protest, not Report Abuse.

Well you're right. That IS something that should be posted in Member Protest.

Breaking server rules DOES NOT in any way have Any relevance to a Mod/Admin abusing their powers (with the exception that they are using their powers to break said rules). So when you start pointing out that the offending Mod/Admin has been disregarding certain regulations on that server, you aren't really helping your cause. True, you Are making the community aware that they are doing this, but again; this is what the Member Protest category is for.

If you have posted a thread in Report Abuse and feel that everyone is being biased because they're all helping the mod/admin out due to the fact that they are friends, think about this:

1. Is that mod/admin using Any sort of command that non-members/members don't have access to?

-Or-

2. Is literally All of your evidence just depicting that certain mod/admin breaking server rules?

-And most importantly-

3. Does your evidence even show Admin Commands being used in a way that may seem like abuse?

In conclusion, please, think before you post a thread about how some Mod/Admin is abusing their powers because they're breaking server rules. These are two Entirely different things, and belong in their own respective categories.

- Dat guy, Forest

BB for mods+ breaking rule and not doing anything about it they should have ban request posted on them with proof. Member protests for simple rule breaks is retarded imo.

Btw anything staff related should not be in "member protest" because you do not need proof for member protests so something pertaining a staff (which needs proof) would have no reason to be there, unless there are more rules added which is not neccesary. This is why admin abuse is completely fine because there is more to admin abuse then "using !smac_admin" commands. Lemme break it down like fresh ground pepper for ya.

A staff is supposed to be the example of the server. If he does things based on the fact that "I'm not gonna be targetted anyways, so why second guess myself" that is abuse of authority. Not only that, it is abuse of not upholding the rules, and as staff (however high it may be) they are the group of people who should definitely know the rules front to back. I mean, you wouldn't want someone overseasoning your food just because he thinks he's right, right?

Anyways, that is just my opinion. [ATTACH]4350.vB[/ATTACH]

groundpepper.jpg.51f13d04862f47ac1f6211edc3480b42.jpg

I got tired of seeing people misusing and posting random acts of rule breaking where it doesn't apply..

EDIT: Da fawk, didn't even notice the sticky, lol

An admin breaking the rules is an admin abusing... They are supposed to be examples of how to act and if they start doing stuff wrong and getting away with it, other people will try to get away with it.

What if I catch an admin breaking the rules or abusing their privileges?

If you catch an admin abusing their rights, do not be afraid to report them abusing. To report admin abuse, just make a thread in the Admin Abuse forum. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PROOF!!! If you feel afraid or just want to stay anonymous, contact any council member as soon as possible or talk with us privately on teamspeak and we will deal with the matter accordingly.

An admin breaking the rules is an admin abusing

I'm not saying I don't agree with you, because I completely agree in saying that any mod/admin who tries to avoid the penalty is abusing their rank. Any mod or admin who has broken the server rules should in fact deal with the punishment rather then avoiding and trying to sidestep it by pulling the "I'm higher ranked so I can make an exception". In all honesty, any Moderator or Administrator who tries their hardest to avoid the penalty even when they're in the wrong isn't mature enough to just deal with it.

However; this thread is only pertaining to people posting in the wrong sections and the consequences of such. I'm posting this thread because these threads/posts that are targeting mods/admins are being placed in the wrong sections and because of that; mods/admins are being let off easy due to lack of evidence pertaining to the problem at hand.