Hidingmaster

The Future Of Cs:s

Could always try a "population schedule". Tis a long shot, but simply decide on a time (IE. 6:00 PM) and hop on at that time. Nothing substantial, nothing that requires a lot of effort, easy peasy. Could be any day of the week, or a particular day, whatever floats your boat. This will give Members an idea of when the Server will (hopefully) be semi-populated or just generally populated.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I realize I haven't given my input, so: In regards to the existence of the CS:S Division, I would prefer to see it still around but I have to be practical as well. Without a doubt the CS:S Division is dying, but as previously mentioned by others, hub is not the sole reason. Creativity, ingenuity, and general fun are what bring players to a Server, especially one with Jailbreak in mind. Take those away, and it becomes stale, repetitive, and boring. No amount of hats/trails could change that, material objects (in this particular case) won't keep people around. The decline in colourful (not in the sense of sexual orientation, mind you) people are what has really contributed to the demise of our CS:S Division. Yeah, I'm saying that the current active Members of CS:S are lacking in ingenuity and creativity, sue me. Granted, I haven't been on the Server in quite some time, but the last time I was, I saw nothing interesting, nothing new, nothing that influenced me to stay. Here's a typical and almost exact example of 90% of Jailbreak days:

>Warden gives out of cell order

>Warden orders Ts out of cell

>Guncheck

>Warden orders Ts to unstack

>Warden either does First/Last Reaction or Map Game

>Last Request Activated

>Rinse, repeat

While this is typical of most Jailbreak Servers and gets the job done, it lacks luster and is incredibly repetitive. This sort of steaming pantload is what will result in yawning, and eventually a decline in players. Not hats, not trails, this. I could go on and on about a lack in certain traits and such, but I won't because this post is long enough as it is.

All in all, there are a multitude of things that are influencing in CS:S dying down, whether or not that should deter us from trying is completely up to the Higher-Ups. Just keep in mind that managing a Division is much more than just coding/adding maps/promo demo. Managing a Division means keeping that Division afloat, doing things that will keep people interested, etc. This means dedication, something that, unfortunately, seems to be lacking nowadays.

- Dat guy, Forest

Actually to be honest its not even FR/Lr or even a map game anymore

>Warden gives out of cell order

>Warden orders Ts out of cell

>Guncheck

>Mass large bomb spam

>Last ct activated

Now im not saying that the bomb spam is the main reason for css dying. But to be fair it did ruin Jailbreak for me and a lot of other people

as much as id like to see css stay up and populated, thats not ever going to happen again. The server went far too long without a working shop and bombs and with crappy staff , as well as forcing good staff to ragequit- and thats what killed our population, not 'moving on.' we had tons of consistent players.

that and the monotonous wardens that forest mentioned. me being one of them occasionally, but only because no one else wanted to warden ever whenever i was on.

id like to see CS:GO become our new place, but its riskier than you make it sound. we need for it to be initially heavily populated to attract new players, and that would require moving all our CSS players over to CS:GO and having them enjoy it.

TF2 community is healthy. TF2 isn't quite as fun to me though.

I dont know. short of saying just give up on this experience, i guess work at CS:GO. we should just move everyone over to TF2 JB is what id say but the appeal isnt the same.

If the css division is shut down a lot of people are gonna leave the community. Atleast 85% of the people that play on our css servers don't like the other games and or don't have it, that's why they keep going back to css its still a good old game. The problem is that its old and most people are trying to go for the new. All we need to do is make css xG's old car and pimp her out, make people not care its an old game because its still fun to play.