Hidingmaster

Cs:s Operation Revitalization

"Hi, let's attempt to resurrect and spoil even further something that was once good but is now long dead."

Spoiler alert: It's going to stay dead. The only "population" jailbreak will get is the scarce group of clingy members at night.

I love how all the new mods/admins were the only ones who really seemed to care about CS:S being shut down. It's so funny. :)

Hub 5 min?

2. Rewrite rules/Talk with staff members about where to draw the line (In other words, loosen up the reins a little to have some fun) (Aug 18) Not completed

THIS THIS THIS SO MUCH THIS!!!!

If you want to populate the CSS server... make it FUN to play on it! The bullshit strictness of the rules enforced there make it idiotically not fun to play.... and that is for the people who have yet to be banned already....

If you want to see what HAVING FUN is... play on the TF2 servers for a while, IT'S FREE!!! and you'll see how you wont get slayed for stepping too close to a red/T or some other stupid thing that happens in CSS that made a lot of people quit playing that div...

I'm glad you're redoing the rules. One reason why people hate our servers is because of how Nazi are rules are. A lot of the rules are intensely complex and have too many quirks and exceptions in them. It hurts my head whenever I had to read it and most of the time I didn't care to read it.

Also, less Nazi staff. I haven't played Jailbreak in a while so I don't know if staff had gotten better but, when I got demoted, most of the staff acted as if they were better than anyone else. They were rude to players and didn't even do what staff had to do, which is inform and discipline players. If someone breaks a rules, don't just tell them to go read rules, tell them what they did. That rules list was fucking huge and nobody cared to read it.

Whip the staff into shape but don't make them feel oppressed.

I stopped playing because I didn't want to be with the staff. They all had cliques and had grudges against each other, none of the staff would have fun on the servers, they tried to get each other demoted. They were never on the same page. Darkwolf (DM at the time) hated me cause I challenged his ideas. Cause of that he blacklisted me from Teamspeak channels, blocked me on Steam, and when I wasn't blocked he wouldn't respond to me, even if I needed Staff Tips or Info immediately. I don't like to see that behavior from a higher up or even any staff. It was a fucking mess. I have no grudges against you but I got demoted for not putting on my tags and only for that reason. Don't demote high quality staff because of this. It's outrageous.

TL;DR: Don't let staff be dicks to each other and the players.

I would like these to be implemented or at least thought of.

Please. Css jb is so fun when there are peeps on. You should also have like more plugins like when there are 20+ terrorists, there are two people doing lr or like a better rebel lr.

I'm glad you're redoing the rules. One reason why people hate our servers is because of how Nazi are rules are. A lot of the rules are intensely complex and have too many quirks and exceptions in them. It hurts my head whenever I had to read it and most of the time I didn't care to read it.

Also, less Nazi staff. I haven't played Jailbreak in a while so I don't know if staff had gotten better but, when I got demoted, most of the staff acted as if they were better than anyone else. They were rude to players and didn't even do what staff had to do, which is inform and discipline players. If someone breaks a rules, don't just tell them to go read rules, tell them what they did. That rules list was fudgeing huge and nobody cared to read it.

Whip the staff into shape but don't make them feel oppressed.

I stopped playing because I didn't want to be with the staff. They all had cliques and had grudges against each other, none of the staff would have fun on the servers, they tried to get each other demoted. They were never on the same page. Darkwolf (DM at the time) hated me cause I challenged his ideas. Cause of that he blacklisted me from Teamspeak channels, blocked me on Steam, and when I wasn't blocked he wouldn't respond to me, even if I needed Staff Tips or Info immediately. I don't like to see that behavior from a higher up or even any staff. It was a fudgeing mess. I have no grudges against you but I got demoted for not putting on my tags and only for that reason. Don't demote high quality staff because of this. It's outrageous.

TL;DR: Don't let staff be beef n' fixins to each other and the players.

I would like these to be implemented or at least thought of.

All of this.

Don't let staff be dicks to each other and the players.

But mostly this. A lot of the times I go on and can't seem to have fun while still doing what needs to be done because of the way other staff are acting. If I try to enforce a rule, another staff that either, doesn't like me or is friends with the player, lifts the punishment or starts to harass me which in turns gets everyone else starting to harass me because of the way another staff member is acting towards staff. It causes problems with trying to keep the server working smoothly and just serves to make me angry and not want to go on the server anymore.

I couldn't care less if a staff doesn't like me, but harassing me and undoing my punishments isn't right. Keep it off the server. If you have a problem with a punishment talk to a person before lifting it, usually it happened for a good reason.

@Bleed When I was on before my inactivity due to summer, no I have not been on recently.

Hey cool.

6. Edit Map rotation, narrow it down to <15. (Aug 28) Not completed

Already got a thread here with a list of all maps if anyone wants to suggest which ones to get rid of.

4. Change the Terrorists/Prison Guards win screen (Aug 21) Not completed

I could make a new one with the xG logo and "Prisoners/Guards Win" in a couple minutes to help. Just need to know the resolution.

Look i know its not feasible to remove ads at beginning, but it really does chase new people away. maybe ads can be made to play at map changes only and not just upon join somehow?

otherwise, good list. does warden plugin use voice again or does it still require !w?

@TurdWig

It's mostly not like that anymore, there are grudges here and there (*cough* @Legend ) but mostly we all get along and never try to get each other demoted. I really do try not to be a dick but sometimes its hard. I guess I'll just have to try harder. bby come back <3

Look i know its not feasible to remove ads at beginning, but it really does chase new people away. maybe ads can be made to play at map changes only and not just upon join somehow?

otherwise, good list. does warden plugin use voice again or does it still require !w?

The voice interface for voicehook was removed with an update a long time ago, so it still requires !w. Unlike CSGO, there isn't a OnVoiceTransmit function to hook onto. I'll look into a workaround after this weekend

Speaking of this weekend, I won't be home to work on bombs (@Hidingmaster). In my opinion, they should be fine now that bank doesn't have interest. If need be, @DrLee can always set the bomb cvars to one specified in an old conversation (Bomb cvars are in server.cfg).