Forest

Cs:s scheduled population

Regularly Scheduled Time of Day for Population?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Regularly Scheduled Time of Day for Population?

• Hell yeah.
    • No thanks.

Hey all, the title is exactly what this post is all about. For those of you who are not aware, the CS:S Servers are in bad shape. Like, bad. Very bad. So bad, that if you were to compare it to George Thorogood's "

", it would sound like "
".

For the moment, this thread is merely a proposal and nothing solid will be happening just yet. What I (or rather, the CS:S Division) hope to achieve is a regularly scheduled time in which Players/Members can know without a doubt that someone will be on. It is as simple as that, no hook or hidden agenda. It will be during a time of the day (the community will agree on) every day until Servers see a noticeable improvement.

Now, the whole idea behind this is that (as I mentioned) Players will know when the Server is populated and will therefore be more likely to hop on and play a few rounds. After a period of time, eventually it will become the norm and hopefully result in a group of regulars who play during that time frame daily.

This is all just a theory though, but at this point there is no reason not to try. For the time being, this thread will act as a simple poll. I will remind those that this will require dedication, which may be asking a lot. Imagine, if you will, a weight lifter ignoring leg day. This average Joe then gets into a habit of not doing it, and what do we end up with?

We end up with this poor soul:

ai.gyazo.com_9ebdb6242932af0527dce5bd1b2f0484.png.dd64fab4d7f060b47f2b362ce7cea301.png

Damn, look at those guns. Alas, look at those legs. Looks like a freakin' marshmallow with toothpicks jabbed in for legs

My point is that this is something that will require diligence, patience, and dedication. You will have to commit to getting on at that time. You don't even have to be a CT, hell, you could be that T who just tries to rebel each round even if the chances are slim. The point being that so long as there are numbers (and CTs who don't drone on with repetitive cell orders and mix things up) it will draw attention.

As cliché as this sounds, united we are stronger than a single unit. I will try my best to get on at whatever time it is (should this plan go through), and I'm hoping you all will as well.

This post is brought to you by TL;DR posts by Forest.

- Dat guy, Forest

As long as the bombs are nerfed I'm sure alot more people will be in...do u know how hard it is to be motivated to stay on when it's large bomb spam every round?

what if we had small bombs only? Takes skill to get people with that AND discourages baiting. ;D

Before when bombs were taken off people wanted them back and now people wanted them off but because of Large Bombs. Let's find a middle ground.

what if we had small bombs only? Takes skill to get people with that AND discourages baiting. ;D

Before when bombs were taken off people wanted them back and now people wanted them off but because of Large Bombs. Let's find a middle ground.

i cant agree more with this, and add back fire drill days plsssss @Bleed

also, tags since forest didnt do it

@DrLee

@Cristo

@Hidingmaster

@Gawd

@xGShadowSpy

@Bleed

@DeathGod

@Haxx

@Forest

@SuperMaddud

@Crona

@Unit12p

@Tsuchikure

@DCook

So, I have a GRAND idea on how to populate the server... Alright... BRACE YOURSELF... I, but this is JUST me, not anyone else, BUT ME. I think we should demote EVERY moderator for C:SS and re pick. So like, that way, fun players, who make the game FUN wont be driven away by a shitty moderator. BUT WAIT, there's more! And by 'Fun Players' I mean people who are at least 14+. But you know, our servers are full of immature 12 year old's bitching and complaining about some person free killing them. And its not even that, its just the way you people act upon it. You say, "Ill perm you." when you have no reply. Don't you think that drives people away? And if you don't, you're obviously not fit to be moderator. Want me to point out ALL the mods who need their powers revoked?

@Bonk (Immature 12 year old)

@whitestar (Asked for mod, got it, immature)

Phoenix (Not fit for mod)

Lithium (Not fit for mod)

@ForestFire (Not fit for mod)

So basically all the mods who were promoted for the reason "Active". So maybe if you guys did this, the server would gang 10+ members who left because of these terrible mods.

#Uprising

#Revolution

So, I have a GRAND idea on how to populate the server... Alright... BRACE YOURSELF... I, but this is JUST me, not anyone else, BUT ME. I think we should demote EVERY moderator for C:SS and re pick. So like, that way, fun players, who make the game FUN wont be driven away by a shitty moderator. BUT WAIT, there's more! And by 'Fun Players' I mean people who are at least 14+. But you know, our servers are full of immature 12 year old's bitching and complaining about some person free killing them. And its not even that, its just the way you people act upon it. You say, "Ill perm you." when you have no reply. Don't you think that drives people away? And if you don't, you're obviously not fit to be moderator. Want me to point out ALL the mods who need their powers revoked?

@Bonk (Immature 12 year old)

@whitestar (Asked for mod, got it, immature)

Phoenix (Not fit for mod)

Lithium (Not fit for mod)

@ForestFire (Not fit for mod)

So basically all the mods who were promoted for the reason "Active". So maybe if you guys did this, the server would gang 10+ members who left because of these terrible mods.

#Uprising

#Revolution

mature =/= having a mature voice, but i will admit i tend to be immature like every other fucking person ever, but not as much as others, and i will also admit the only reason i got promoted was for activity. and i am 14, tyvm

Everyday at 6pm EST???

A time will be decided on in a later thread if the majority of the CS:S Division (or those interested in helping) are in favour of going through with this. With that said, I may broadcast the thread (if a decision is made to have a schedule) as an announcement on xG's Steam Group so that those in the Steam Group will know when they can expect to see people playing.

Remember, this will require dedication and commitment. Mind you, if this doesn't succeed in the first week, it'll just be scrapped.

Please keep the thread on topic. This means posts that are only relating to the proposal of a CS:S Population Schedule. Any other posts will be removed by myself (from this point on). If you have other irrelevant discrepancies or ideas, post it in one of the many threads proposing ideas to re-populate that almost always result in nothing happening, or make a new one. kthnxbye

Like I said in a shoutbox convo we had a few nights ago, I don't have a PC capable of running CS:S right now. (IT SUCKS YES I KNOW)

But I really would like to see the CS:S xG community grow again, so I'd love to help anyway I can.

Same as unit here, pc still broken. But as for the idea, I think its good. Should be at the least 6 pm EST -8 pm as a starting point. We also need to take the british time zone into consideration, dont want @Forest missing out on us.