Rabid

Alright Mc Div.

Alright guys I'm just going to get this out here i have a pretty good proposition for you.

This thread will mainly be targeted @Haxx @SuperMaddud and @Rhododendron

Alright this is the state of xG minecraft as of now - dead and under construction.

I've been talking to my buddy named Wonkee he used to run a minecraft server for quite a long while.

Was maybe one of the best servers I've played on in mc but that's besides the point.

What I've been talking to him about is that our mc division is pretty ehh, and pretty much dead right now, and I asked him if he'd be interested in helping run it / manage the division along side others.

Before i go further i will say- We have tried this before we tried merging vindicraft(wonkees server) and xenogamers together, It did not work out due to conflict between silences childish acts and Wonkee's players on teamspeak. no need to go further then this.

Moving on-

A few things about vindicraft.

It was a heroes/pvp/factions/questing server. with a few other plugins like custom items, mob arena, treasure chests etc.

What happened to vindicraft? Basically the plugin "heroes" is run by dickheads and decided to break the plugin for every one and not tell server owners how to fix it.

Simply put vinidcraft died in population after maintaining 60+players for months on ends.

Mkay i'll try and wrap this up-

Basically i approched wonkee and said "

[spoiler=Wonkee/rabid Steamchat]Rabid: remake vindicraft.

Rabid: heroes/fac/mobarena/auc

Wonkee: ok

Rabid: I actually could maybe possibly get you a mc server to do it on, xG has a mc division and like a 8gb/16gb machine not sure which, the current admins/leaders of it suck dick

Rabid: would depend weather or not if u wud want to do it.

Wonkee: yea

Wonkee: i had been thinking about it

Rabid: I'll talk around and keep u updated.

We went on to talk about what plugins or what direction we would want to take the server in if this happens.

We said- Let's just make a multi verse server for now, Have 1 server be factions or towny depending on what people want, with mcmmo, floauction, and a couple other basic plugins that are needed.

While we work on a separate server with Heroes,Questing,Factions,Mob arenas, Dungeons so on.

Conclusion: Tell me what you boys think? Do you think we could re-ignite the vindicraft light while also taking of xenogamers mc? Wonkee has plenty of experience and this would be exactly what xG mc needs I believe

Of course there would have to be some talking over, and i'm happy to be the bridge between conversations, or arrange a teamsepak chat.

Bonus- Heres an old vindicraft trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80J9uOJw9GA

-ps Sorry for run on sentences/horrible grammar, tired as fk when i wrote this.

Few other people I feel that would benefit from reading this.

@FoRgE @Bach @Hachi @Yu_Narukami @kirito(what ever your fking forum name is) @Dethman

@ASock seems like a good idea, i'd +1 this proposition. It seems to have some good pro's in this plugin your friend is making.

Anyway back to @Haxx questions.

[i can't guarantee these answers to be 100% true as I didn't take part in this editing of the server, i just built spawn up and helped @Dethman]

1) How did everything break?

A) I won't know the answer to this question, sorry.

2) Who's fudgeing idea was it to switch to Townie?

A) Kirito i'm fairly sure, he wanted it to be a friendly town server and have another faction server later on.

3) Why was I not consulted for the promotions?

A) I don't think you were on at the time so he just went ahead with the promotions.

4) Why was I not consulted regarding the server changes?

A) I can't answer this, but I think Kirito figured it would be better if it was towny so just went ahead with it.

5) Did the server actually work before the big changes?

A) Yes I believe so.

6) Did you guys swap the server because what i did was broken?

A) No, I believe your version was working well but of course I had no decision to choose the changes.

7) Who deleted the back-up folder I created? (I knew something like this was gonna happen)

A) Can't answer this, you'd have to ask Kirito.

8) Who switched minecraft versions?

A) I believe that was because of the Buckkit Plugin being outdated?... I'm not too sure.

9) What happened in the so-called "steaming pantload-storm" last night?

A) What shit-storm? Can someone answer tell me what happened too?

@Haxx I'm pretty sure you weren't consulted about anything because you've been dead for awhile. Kirito did promos this week bc he thought things were gunna work and we were gunna open. Haxx plz stop being afk for so long then wonder why you're being left out </3

I was gunna say let's try to get to know this guy first, but if we've tried to merge in the past, then I'll +1 . We need something done like, now. It's not nice to have a DM doing DL things bc BOTH of then will be gone for days on end. Kirito is ok at coding, but still needs improvement. We've been in the cycle of things working and breaking for 2 weeks now. Someone please help.

@ASock seems like a good idea, i'd +1 this proposition. It seems to have some good pro's in this plugin your friend is making.

Anyway back to @Haxx questions.

[i can't guarantee these answers to be 100% true as I didn't take part in this editing of the server, i just built spawn up and helped @Dethman]

1) How did everything break?

A) I won't know the answer to this question, sorry.

2) Who's fudgeing idea was it to switch to Townie?

A) Kirito i'm fairly sure, he wanted it to be a friendly town server and have another faction server later on.

3) Why was I not consulted for the promotions?

A) I don't think you were on at the time so he just went ahead with the promotions.

4) Why was I not consulted regarding the server changes?

A) I can't answer this, but I think Kirito figured it would be better if it was towny so just went ahead with it.

5) Did the server actually work before the big changes?

A) Yes I believe so.

6) Did you guys swap the server because what i did was broken?

A) No, I believe your version was working well but of course I had no decision to choose the changes.

7) Who deleted the back-up folder I created? (I knew something like this was gonna happen)

A) Can't answer this, you'd have to ask Kirito.

8) Who switched minecraft versions?

A) I believe that was because of the Buckkit Plugin being outdated?... I'm not too sure.

9) What happened in the so-called "steaming pantload-storm" last night?

A) What steaming pantload-storm? Can someone answer tell me what happened too?

Lemmie have a go at these questions.

1) something Kirito did (sorry buddy)

2) Kirito

3, and 4) you've been dead

5)not sure

6) if you mean restarted the world, it was bc we did some things we shouldn't have.

7) Kirito or Super more then likely. Super has helped a bit, but he's been mostly dead.

8) since we have to use spigot, we have to use 1.8.1 or whatever version it is right now. Buckket is Is in Legal issues so no one can use it.

9) not sure what you're talking about lol

This idea does seem great. I'll wait for the responses of other dms/dls @Kyoko @SuperMaddud @Rhododendron

@Hachi To be fair none of this would've happened if I actually didn't go afk. Did I overreact last night? Probably. But to be fair I was on forums everyday just lurking around. I was contactable each time something broke. And i knew that something was wrong when I saw multiple server restores in a single day.

Sure I'm interested I'll be down to set up a meeting. @ASock

Haxx plz stop being afk for so long then wonder why you're being left out </3

He was gone for a week for tests.

He said that he was online the forums every day, and kirito even admitted to never going online the forums.

We all know that superbaddud is dead and always will be

I would like to see a collaboration. U think we should stick to towny right now till we get 50+ players then we could go factions. I will hunt for trusted and helpful plugins for both so we are prepared. Ask him if we could do towny with such small population for now just so we don't argue about it later. +1

I feel like Michael Bay had some part in that trailer, what with all of the fiery explosion effects.

Jokes aside, all you really need is the go-ahead from Silence before touching anything or making deals and what not. Although I am curious to know, what is Wonkee getting out of this? Does he just want a Server to manage? Is he just looking to fuse his Server with ours and being a new xG MC Division Leader or other? In doing this, will "Vindicraft" be.. Endorsed, for a lack of better words, by XenoGamers; or will it be an independent server not affiliated with xG (stupid question I know, just curious)?

I'll just cut to the plan and ideas. Basic server is open to suggestions, but the RPG server has already been planned out.

Basic Server

From what I've heard from Rabid/Asock Towny may be preferred to avoid raiding, destruction, betrayal. Maybe we can get some sort of vote going on whether Towny or Factions will be used.

Here are some thoughts on what could be done:

1. Medieval-style spawn town/castle with shops, information, social activities and mini games.

2. Mini-games like Mob Arena, PVP Arena, parkour, mazes, gambling, et cetera. If you ever played Vindicraft, think Wonkeeland.

3. Social activities. Suggestions would be helpful here. A tavern that sells different type of potions(alcoholic), but I'm not sure what kind of things we could do to make it more social.

4. MCMMO- this is lieu of an full class system.

5. What kind of shops are preferred? One shop where every item can be bought/sold, or more immersive shops that sell specific items.

6. What items should be for sale? What items should not be sold?

7. Will players drop their items on death?

8. What methods of fast travel should be available?

9. Basic rules will apply, but what rules do you think the server needs?

RPG Adventure Server

1. *Classless rpg based on items. Items will vary in quality and will provide stats and abilities.

2. *Item abilities are affected by the level of the item and the player's total stats.

3. Players can find and learn rare crafting recipes.

4. *Customized mobs to break the monotony of fighting the same mobs over and over. Mobs will have be stronger/weaker in different areas and may have abilities.

5. Dungeons for varying group sizes, levels and difficulties with challenging bosses. These dungeons are where players will find the best loot aside from questing. Some dungeons may have puzzles that require X number of players to solve them (think pressing multiple buttons).

6. Questing will provide the bulk of play time and keep players in appropriate gear for their level.

7. Horse mounts. Players will be able to earn/find/craft epic summonable undead mounts at some point in the game instead of having to find a horse.

8. *Dragon travel. Many flight paths around the world will have dragons taxiing players to various locations.

9. *Homes & Scrolls of Recall. Players may set their home location in any of the inns. Using a scroll of recall will teleport the player to their home location. Scrolls have a cooldown timer and players must remain still and unharmed for 5-10 seconds before the scroll activates.

10. *Teleport Scrolls. Players may find teleport scrolls or recipes for teleport scrolls around the world. These scrolls are one-time use like recall scrolls, but instead of taking the player home they will be teleported to the location on the teleport scroll.

11. Wondering what the stats are? This list is from memory so I may miss a couple.

*Player Stats (players will have base stats that increase based on level + stats from their gear)

- Health (added to player's total hp)

- Dodge (% chance to avoid magic and melee damage)

- Melee Power (directly affects damage dealt with melee weapons)

- Spell Power (directly affects damage dealt with item abilities)

- Critical (% chance to deal 150% damage with spell and melee attacks)

- Lifesteal (gain % of damage dealt via melee as hp, can only occur every X seconds)

- Looting (increased % of rare items when looting)

- XP (earn % of bonus XP)

*Item Abilities (abilities granted while items are equipped)

- Barrier (shield that lasts for X seconds and absorbs Y damage)

- Heal (restore X hp to self or another player)

- Speed (grant a speed boost for X seconds to self or another player)

- Gills (grant water-breathing to self or player for X seconds)

- CatEyes (Night visions for X seconds to self or another player)

- Regen (Regen effect for X seconds to self or another player)

- Blink (teleport X blocks in the direction youre facing)

- Cleave (melee attacks damage all the enemies near player for X seconds)

- Incinerate (shoot fire at target, setting it ablaze for X seconds and dealing Y damage)

- Freeze (shoot ice at target, slowing target for X seconds and dealing Y damage)

- Hex (damage target for X damage and heal self for 50% of the damage dealt)

- Smite (damage target for X damage, 150% damage if target is undead)

- Poison (poison target X seconds)

- Meteor (meteors rain down around the caster and explode on impact, each explosions damage nearby enemies)

- Earthquake (only works on dirt, stone, sand, gravel. the ground trembles around the caster, knocking up and damaging enemies nearby)

- Blizzard (an ice storm rains down around the caster, damaging and slowing enemies struck by the storm)

I hope this gives everyone an idea of what I want to do. A lot of the rpg server stuff has already been created or partially created. I have a custom-made map with the starting area (levels 1-10) finished. If you look at the list under the rpg server, items on the list with a '*' before them are already finished or most finished.

Here are some thoughts on what could be done:

1. Medieval-style spawn town/castle with shops, information, social activities and mini games.

2. Mini-games like Mob Arena, PVP Arena, parkour, mazes, gambling, et cetera. If you ever played Vindicraft, think Wonkeeland.

3. Social activities. Suggestions would be helpful here. A tavern that sells different type of potions(alcoholic), but I'm not sure what kind of things we could do to make it more social.

4. MCMMO- this is lieu of an full class system.

5. What kind of shops are preferred? One shop where every item can be bought/sold, or more immersive shops that sell specific items.

6. What items should be for sale? What items should not be sold?

7. Will players drop their items on death?

8. What methods of fast travel should be available?

9. Basic rules will apply, but what rules do you think the server needs?

Boys this is exactly what we need to get mc server started and will be a nice start. his ideas for the rpg server are also great!

@Rhododendron