Vertex

Frequently Asked Questions

logo_banner.png

FAQ (Frequency Asked Questions)

What game mode improvements does this server run?

→ Changing round counts (map based, average round-time considered)

→ Fix for maps not appearing in the voter

Faster initial spawn at map start/connect

→ Reduced chat and mic delays

→ Faster map voter appearance

And so many more! Visit our Changelog here Morbus (changelog) to see all of our improvements.

Why am I missing textures?

Outpost requires Half-Life 2 EP1 & EP2 to be owned, installed and mounted

Counter-Strike Source is also highly recommended for the Morbus game mode

What happens if i'm stuck?

If an admin is present on the server you can nicely ask them to teleport you out

If they can't reach you/aren't present, open console (tilde key by default) and type "kill"

What do I do if I am RDM'd?

Contact an admin using the @ [MESSAGE] command in chat telling them what happened. (e.g. "@ I was RDM'd")

If you were RDM'd as a human, it will show up in the logs, so if staff is on the server they will deal with the RDMer accordingly, whether you report them or not.

If you were RDM'd as a Brood Alien, you MUST contact a staff member letting them know what happened if you want anything to be done about it, as Human vs Brood kills will never show up as an RDM in the logs.

Whether you were RDM'd as a human or a Brood, you should always contact staff telling them what happened, that way they have more to go on than just logs when dealing with RDMers.

If there is no staff member on the server to assist you, see the Ban Requests / Protests section of this FAQ

How can I become a server moderator?

Be active on the server and know/follow the rules

Contact @Stickz or @DoctorGringo about any additional details

Useful Commands

→ // [MESSAGE] allows you to use OOC chat. (e.g. "// Hello")

→ @ [MESSAGE] is used to contact the staff on the server. (e.g. "@ I need an admin")

→ /spec can be used to put yourself into spectator mode.

→ !motd brings up the servers Message of the Day.

→ F1 and F2 bring up guides for Morbus.

→ F3 can be used to open our pointshop and the Morbus Settings Menu.

Ban Requests / Protests

If staff isn't available to assist you, you can submit a ban request. If you have been banned, you can submit a ban protest to try and get unbanned.

Ban Request form: https://xenogamers.com/applications/3/respond/

NOTE: You must include some kind of proof with your ban request showing that the player was breaking the rules. For example, if you are reporting someone for RDM, you should include CLEAR screenshots of the end round logs showing that the player was RDMing.

Ban Protest form: https://xenogamers.com/applications/4/respond/

Definitions

RDM: When a player kills another player without a valid reason.

Ghosting: Giving away game information over OOC chat. (Who the Broods are, who has done objectives, names of bodies found, etc.)

Meta-Gaming: Using outside knowledge to gain an advantage. Can be similar to Ghosting. (e.g. Forcing players to read their role hints, hitting each other with crowbars to test who is a Brood, etc.)

Edited by Rhododendron (see edit history)