SupremeWolf

Tgh Map Requests

Been awhile since a new recommendation in this thread, so I'm just gonna propose another map: Pinna Park.

It's another Super Mario Sunshine map, from the same game as Delfino Plaza and Delfino Airstrip. It's of comparable size to dm_mariokart2_b3 or trade_smsdelfinoplaza_a4, albeit a little smaller. I think it would be a fun map reminiscent of the SMS game I enjoy that doesn't elicit a server-wide groan whenever we switch to it (like the Delfinos sometimes do).

I couldn't find a Gamebanana link, but here's a straight map download instead.

I was shown this map by a friend of mine who's a map maker. He had told me that there is a lot of walls you can clip into and a lot of clipping issues in general. I'll talk to him again but I'm pretty sure this map is a bit underdeveloped.

EDIT: So I looked at the map myself, there seems to be no issues with it. Should be fine to add it, I'll try to add it sometime tonight.

EDIT2: Finally talked with that map maker. He said "You should've never added it in the first place" and I can see why. After adding it, map had many problems, a lot of spots where you could just straight up walk out of bounds. Red spawn could be easily shot into. Removed the map, sorry!

Edited by Vexx (see edit history)

So I looked at the map myself, there seems to be no issues with it. Should be fine to add it, I'll try to add it sometime tonight.

Yeah, I saw an older version as well which is probably what you're talking about. A couple other servers currently run this version and it seems to be fairly popular. One server even put it to a vote and it was met with a significant amount of support. Whether it'll be well-received on TGH remains to be seen. Looking forward to it! :D

ANOTHER MAP PROPOSAL!

Okay, so I ran across this map just now and think it meets the adequate meme criteria for xG. I feel like TGH would approve but that may not be the best fit unless we count the 27 Simpson's vidyagaems. Whaddya think?

Map link here: Steam Workshop :: Steamed Hams

Its not really based on a video game, morely its based on a shitty meme that will be dead in a month's time

ANOTHER MAP PROPOSAL!

Okay, so I ran across this map just now and think it meets the adequate meme criteria for xG. I feel like TGH would approve but that may not be the best fit unless we count the 27 Simpson's vidyagaems. Whaddya think?

Map link here: Steam Workshop :: Steamed Hams

Honestly not worth the effort to put in for a month and remove it. Even as a meme map its awful.

Honestly not sure about this one since we already have two mario kart maps, but, out of all the mario kart maps I've seen, I think that this is the best one.

asteamuserimages_a_akamaihd_net_ugc_389922904398275926_05D65FD154beba007704ee8a83639c072df7c37.jpg.ed4bff5fcc3eda565515aad5ce3d4439.jpg

Steam Workshop :: Mario Kart 2012

One of the things I find a little bit concerning about this map is the fact that one of the songs is basically about pedophilia.

Edited by DiaperHyperWolf (see edit history)

Honestly not sure about this one since we already have two mario kart maps, but, out of all the mario kart maps I've seen, I think that this is the best one.

[ATTACH=full]33086[/ATTACH]

Steam Workshop :: Mario Kart 2012

One of the things I find a little bit concerning about this map is the fact that one of the songs basically about pedophilia.

I don't think the song being about pedophilia should be a huge issue, there's lots of songs about really controversial topics which are really good. KoRn - Trash, for example

Otherwise, I'm not really too sure about how I feel about another mario kart map personally since we already have one that looks very very similar to this. Unsure.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:33 PM, LAN_Megalodon said:

This map used to be on TGH and I'm pretty sure it was removed due to poor optimization and whatnot. Also people constantly question whether it's based on a video game (apparently it is, not a lot of people are familiar with it though).

Actually I'm pretty sure there was a vote to remove it, you could probably find it if you really wanted, it's probably like months old though, it's been gone a decent while.

I can vouch for the poor optimization, the entire map was one big meme zone that was poorly designed. you could die just trying to leave spawn because they had nightmarish parkour as the only way to move at all. skill based movement should be a option to help you move faster through the environment not a requirement to cross the map without dying. everyone also had a strange attraction to the church in the corner for some reason as well.

Edited by kiriy
quote didnt get the original post (see edit history)

46 minutes ago, kiriy said:

I can vouch for the poor optimization, the entire map was one big meme zone that was poorly designed. you could die just trying to leave spawn because they had nightmarish parkour as the only way to move at all. skill based movement should be a option to help you move faster through the environment not a requirement to cross the map without dying. everyone also had a strange attraction to the church in the corner for some reason as well.

really old post btw xd

8 hours ago, grap_grop said:

sickass dead thread, goofballs

add this map cause its functional and we need more maps

STEAMCOMMUNITY.COM

It looks decent but a massive downgrade to the original Junkertown map in Overwatch. Lack of props, backdrop, etc. The map looks unfinished, in my opinion.

More than happy to try but it looks far too unfinished as of right now. (it is still in Alpha)