Chrono

Suggestions Thread

I've been playing jb on xG servers for months now but on other jb servers for years. How can we stand out more? One thing i have noticed is people leave when they get bored duh... Why though? One main reason is dying at the start of the round and waiting forever. Is it possible to speed up the rounds after X amount of people die? I have no idea how to do it or where to start but its a KILLER guys waiting half the time you're playing a game is not fun. Sunshine out

trust me, our rounds tend to be much faster than other servers. popular server A doesnt have LCT (this speeds things up a lot) and both popular server A & popular server B don't have any rules in place to make things go any faster.

trust me, our rounds tend to be much faster than other servers. popular server A doesnt have LCT (this speeds things up a lot) and both popular server A & popular server B don't have any rules in place to make things go any faster.

Might be faster but can't we improve the last bit of the round 4-3:00? I see wardens doing games like climb which take a lot of time when there are a few ts left. It's a drag for the spectators.

It's probably intended to get rid of those times when there's only a couple Ts left and the warden really doesn't want to do anything except for ask the Ts what they want to do.

Very good point, then could it be only if there are more than 1 ct left? So one can Pursuit rebellelers and another (the warden) give orders? I know this is a hard rule to conclude on but it would be a positive change to the server.

How about something simpler than adding onto the many things already in the MOTD? If there isn't already, then simply add something along the lines of "Warden must actively be trying to continue the round via playing games or perform some other type of activity. Minor exceptions can be made, but are very limited"

I also seem to have forgotten where the rules are, so..

It's probably intended to get rid of those times when there's only a couple Ts left and the warden really doesn't want to do anything except for ask the Ts what they want to do.

How about something simpler than adding onto the many things already in the MOTD? If there isn't already, then simply add something along the lines of "Warden must actively be trying to continue the round via playing games or perform some other type of activity. Minor exceptions can be made, but are very limited"

I also seem to have forgotten where the rules are, so..

I agree there is a lot, I'm just seeing if people have beter ideas than I and if we can ctreat a more enjoyable experience. Can the dead be apart of the game? Possibly buying guns for the living or C4? Kinda like RTD? Just a right haha kinda crazy i know .

I agree there is a lot, I'm just seeing if people have beter ideas than I and if we can ctreat a more enjoyable experience. Can the dead be apart of the game? Possibly buying guns for the living or C4? Kinda like RTD? Just a right haha kinda crazy i know .

Spelling sorry. Just a thought* create*

Would it be possible to cycle in the ts that !guard? Say every round you have a couple new cts. That'll keep things fresh and give people with slower computers a chance to ct.

But if there is no waiting list you keep the same cts.

Would it be possible to cycle in the ts that !guard? Say every round you have a couple new cts. That'll keep things fresh and give people with slower computers a chance to ct.

But if we did that theres some people who it takes them awhile to get to ct and then finally when theyre on ct they get swapped after a round. That and the more people there are the less that get to play more than a few rounds on ct. They would have to be on ct long enough to atleast get warden once if they want to, without denying it from the other cts.

Though if it was something like every 5 rounds it cycles through the people on !guard, it might work, but also might mess with the new priority thing were going to have in the hub store. That, and theres a chance that a cycle of cts in a round might all not have mics but wanted to go on ct to let someone else warden.

But if we did that theres some people who it takes them awhile to get to ct and then finally when theyre on ct they get swapped after a round. That and the more people there are the less that get to play more than a few rounds on ct. They would have to be on ct long enough to atleast get warden once if they want to, without denying it from the other cts.

Though if it was something like every 5 rounds it cycles through the people on !guard, it might work, but also might mess with the new priority thing were going to have in the hub store. That, and theres a chance that a cycle of cts in a round might all not have mics but wanted to go on ct to let someone else warden.

Good points. Something to consider though.

would make the guard system confusing (goes against what every server ever does), would make the quality of cts much lower overall probably, & would absolutely kill any flow of the rounds. bad idea overall, will not be implemented

overcomplicates things, would fuck with the livings experience (assisted guns..? why??), and would have to introduce a whole new set of rules that nobody really wants (our biggest problem with attracting new players right now is the amount of rules we have)

That would be good, it's a hard thing to fix because it's up to the warden or rebelling ts really... But like a rule stating "at 4:00 warden must get to LR as fast as possible via death crate , last reaction, trivial questions, Simon says, other"

again, more excessive rules. even if we were open to adding more complicated rules like this, implementing this change would reduce creative games wardens can have, which would reduce overall quality and maximum fun potential.

as much as I appreciate your efforts and suggestions to make the server a better experience, none of these suggestions really do that..

also @Rhododendron multi quoting seems to be gone? I had to manually quote all of these posts after the first one lol

In regards to long round times, I've thought of a few possibilites that I'd like some input on -

1. We simply shorten the round time a minute or two. Shortening too much could make it somewhat unfun when more people are on though, and it feels like rounds are too rushed.
  2. Scale the round timer based on number of players on the server. This would keep the round time where it is now for when a large amount of people are on (15+?), but shorten it by 1-3 minutes if theres only a few people on.
  3. Add a !redie plugin. This allows dead players to type !redie and run around and play map games or whatever as a ghost, but not affect the round or people still alive in any way.

Or, we could do nothing and keep it the same. thoughts?

In regards to long round times, I've thought of a few possibilites that I'd like some input on -

1. We simply shorten the round time a minute or two. Shortening too much could make it somewhat unfun when more people are on though, and it feels like rounds are too rushed.
  2. Scale the round timer based on number of players on the server. This would keep the round time where it is now for when a large amount of people are on (15+?), but shorten it by 1-3 minutes if theres only a few people on.
  3. Add a !redie plugin. This allows dead players to type !redie and run around and play map games or whatever as a ghost, but not affect the round or people still alive in any way.

I'd agree with this especially the redie or something similar to that. If during ghost mode you could full out deathmatch would be cool too except for the fact that people would kill others when they're trying to do something else (map games). So like a ghostdm and a ghost friendly? Hopefully it's possible c:

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Oh if you /redie would the teleporting commands work? Or would that still consider you dead. Oh and I'd say test this on another server just in case something breaks let's hope it doesn't

would make the guard system confusing (goes against what every server ever does), would make the quality of cts much lower overall probably, & would absolutely kill any flow of the rounds. bad idea overall, will not be implemented

overcomplicates things, would frick with the livings experience (assisted guns..? why??), and would have to introduce a whole new set of rules that nobody really wants (our biggest problem with attracting new players right now is the amount of rules we have)

again, more excessive rules. even if we were open to adding more complicated rules like this, implementing this change would reduce creative games wardens can have, which would reduce overall quality and maximum fun potential.

as much as I appreciate your efforts and suggestions to make the server a better experience, none of these suggestions really do that..

also @Rhododendron multi quoting seems to be gone? I had to manually quote all of these posts after the first one lol

They're simply ideas for people to build on/adjust. how can people do this when you shut it down completely? We can all be friends XD

Number 2 and 3 i agree on.