Dethman

Gaming Laptop, Prebuilt Preferred

I am looking to invest into a gaming laptop since my computer decided to shit on itself and consoles are meh.

Anyone know any reliable, kinda cheap (computer wise), quality laptops for gaming? I would like to run games like gta 5, skyrim, and maybe evolve on medium settings at least but would settle for low if not possible. Prebuilt is preferred since I don't know too much about computers. Budget is below 1k.

First things first; do you really need the portability of a laptop with the performance of a desktop? In other words, do you really plan on using the laptop to it's full-potential in that you'll be gaming anywhere and everywhere? Reason I ask is that you can pay half the price of what you would normally pay for a gaming laptop to just build your own PC (desktop) that will run on medium and possibly higher.

As much as I love the idea of being able to move freely and play wherever I want, I can't justify the amount of money that would be sunk into a gaming laptop for the sake of portability.

Under 1k, the best gpu you could get is probably a 960m. It can run most games at high settings-very high settings at 1920x1080

First things first; do you really need the portability of a laptop with the performance of a desktop? In other words, do you really plan on using the laptop to it's full-potential in that you'll be gaming anywhere and everywhere? Reason I ask is that you can pay half the price of what you would normally pay for a gaming laptop to just build your own PC (desktop) that will run on medium and possibly higher.

As much as I love the idea of being able to move freely and play wherever I want, I can't justify the amount of money that would be sunk into a gaming laptop for the sake of portability.

Yeah, there comes a point where the laptops become like 14+ pounds and they really aren't "portable".

I would go with an Asus ROG like Ohstopyou suggested, I have a motherboard from them and it's beast.

The specs on the one he linked are great too

I actually use a laptop 95% of the time for gaming, I've had an hp omen, and a asus rogue and currently use an MSI gL62. The MSI imo is the best bang for the buck when in comes to gaming laptops, mine has a gtx1050, 8gb of ram but i upgraded to 16, intel I7 quad core, and 1tb hardrive. Look at my steam profile and you can see some of the games it can run, it has been able to run everything I've thrown at it on high settings @ a playable fps. Tf2 runs at max fps and its good enough to play higher requirement games like gta and fallout 4. It cost me around $900 a year ago which isn't that much when you look at laptops with similar specs, also the built in fans are extremely powerful for a laptop, and the support is fantastic for updates and plugins.

GE72VR-7RF-APACHE-PRO-1.jpg

8 hours ago, Shotgunprolapse said:

I actually use a laptop 95% of the time for gaming, I've had an hp omen, and a asus rogue and currently use an MSI gL62. The MSI imo is the best bang for the buck when in comes to gaming laptops, mine has a gtx1050, 8gb of ram but i upgraded to 16, intel I7 quad core, and 1tb hardrive. Look at my steam profile and you can see some of the games it can run, it has been able to run everything I've thrown at it on high settings @ a playable fps. Tf2 runs at max fps and its good enough to play higher requirement games like gta and fallout 4. It cost me around $900 a year ago which isn't that much when you look at laptops with similar specs, also the built in fans are extremely powerful for a laptop, and the support is fantastic for updates and plugins.

GE72VR-7RF-APACHE-PRO-1.jpg

Gtx960m not 1050