Charles

Inactive Staff

Reason I'd like to demo the inactive ones is so we can keep our current number of mods. We don't need more than what we have, I'd imagine.

It's a good point to make, but at this point it would be more beneficial to allocate time into seeking active potential candidates or approving of some applicants than it would be demoting from the current Staff list. While (as you mentioned) it is important that Staff be as active as they can be, it may not be a good idea to slim down the Staff list when there is still a need for more Staff to begin with.

To be frank, it's like an Uroboros right now; the Division is in need of Moderation (as per many requests it seems) but in order for that to happen there either needs to be: A. An ample amount of Staff to moderate; -or- B. A handful of Staff who are willing to dedicate a lot of time into moderating. At this time, we're gaining Staff members at the same speed that we're experiencing inactive Staff members; a snake eating it's own tail to no end.

Which brings me back to my initial proposition of a schedule. It may look like a lot of work, but it seriously helps when Staff have a sort of schedule to refer to where they can determine when/where the problem areas of inactivity are themselves. Not only does it give Staff a sense of when they can hop on, but it could also potentially reduce the amount of over-lap that the Server may be experiencing in terms of Staff being on. Realistically we only need one or two Staff members to be on at any given moment to moderate (two for maximum clarity of rules being broken and such) depending on the amount of Players on at the time.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Is there any way I can become moderator once again. I've realized how little time I've been online and it's ridiculous. I'm on the JB server and it has 20 people on and no staff. Staff is needed and I'm ready to take up the responsibility.

Both my actual work and school schedules don't really allow time for spending ample amounts of times playing any games. I used to have at least a day or two where I could spend most of my time at home and would usually just stay on the servers for a while or at least on the surf server in case I was actually needed but since then I haven't had time to pop in often at all. And when I am on there's usually other mods or just not enough people for me to want to dedicate what little time I have to making sure the rules are all being followed. I try and check in at least once a week but I just don't have time like I used to and when I am on I wanna play comp. or other games and actually enjoy my time instead of watching usually less than a dozen lads muck about the server.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Both my actual work and school schedules don't really allow time for spending ample amounts of times playing any games. I used to have at least a day or two where I could spend most of my time at home and would usually just stay on the servers for a while or at least on the surf server in case I was actually needed but since then I haven't had time to pop in often at all. And when I am on there's usually other mods or just not enough people for me to want to dedicate what little time I have to making sure the rules are all being followed. I try and check in at least once a week but I just don't have time like I used to and when I am on I wanna play comp. or other games and actually enjoy my time instead of watching usually less than a dozen lads muck about the server.

yea, I think you should stay. you've been doing this for freaking forever and know your stuff. I mean you might not be on 24/7, but its a sufficient amount. maybe you should connect just a little more but tbh you're doing just fine in my opinion, and have been doing a bang up job for years :)

Well, if the CS:GO Higher-Ups wanted to (and I mean really wanted to) they could look into setting up a schedule/timetable for Staff. Now, I know that this already sounds like a terrible idea since this isn't exactly a job and no one's being paid for it, but hear me out:

This obviously wouldn't be some mandatory timetable like you would see for work. It would merely be a schedule to refer to that highlights the hours in which Staff activity is at its lowest or its highest. After the schedule itself has been established, then Staff can determine the problem areas (or in this case, problem hours) where Staff activity is most needed. Simply put, check with all CS:GO Staff and determine what days/hours they [roughly] can regularly hop on Servers and compile it into a nice schedule or something.

At this point, it's just a matter of a capable Staff member to take up the torch at that time to do some moderating during their own time for that particular period. The only times in which this wouldn't really apply would be during downtime (Server activity) or late at night.

I think that would help quite immensely, and I would suggest to put something on the xG website or something that says if staff are on the server. I may not be active much, but when I get on there's usually already staff on, and I would like to moderate during a time when I'm needed, and not when other staff is on the server.

Well, in my opinion, I think we should add at most 2 mods and at least 1. I also think that we should promote an active mod to an admin because bonk and owl can not do it by themselves(unless u guys have a rule of 2, and in that case have them fight to the death). I think to should demo the staff that are not active unless they become active within 2 weeks. And for the mods that have homework, just get on the server and go afk, and then when someone needs you, help them. Im not saying all mods should do this, but the busy ones should.

This is just my opinion.

With Love,

Gryfons(your daddy)