realBelloWaldi

[jailbreak] Official Poll On Unbanning Demomen From Blu

Shall demoman be unbanned from blu?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Shall demoman be unbanned from blu?

• Yes
    • No

Over the past few days, it has come to my attention that many people want to make sure demomen see the light of legality on blue.

Therefore @kbraszzz and I came to the decision to create a poll to see the community's opinion about this matter.

If the poll passes with at least 60% of the votes, demomen will be unrestricted from blu.

This thread will be open for 5 days.

Feel free to discuss this matter in this thread.

Keep in mind: This decision will not be final, if the vote actually passes we will probably unrestrict demomen for a trial period of a week or so and see how it goes. :)

Will be unstickied on Apr 24th.

~ Bello

tagging jailbreak regulars: @Egossi @Goblins @BelloWaldi @mrnutty12 @Fiery8022 @Black_Dynamite @Matsi @PyroBunny @FenrirTheWolf @mrnutty12 @Avenger @Forest @kbraszzz @lik202 @KSPlayer1337 @Ohstopyou @The_Unlit_Torch @Caleb956 @MurphytheMedic

@Duke

Edited by Bello (see edit history)

-1 Theres a reason why this is banned. Its been tried a few times before. And when plug ins broke and we went into emergency rules, demo was accessible. It was hell.

Theres a reason why this is banned. Its been tried a few times before. And when plug ins broke and we went into emergency rules, demo was accessible. It was hell.
-1 from me as well. Its also the only class that cannot hit a single target without using melee (tl;dr demoman is an AOE class)

[edit] Enabling demoman is just asking for freekills/mass freekills and giving staff more to deal with.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

-1 we don't need more demomemes in our life, and sticky area denial of things like armory/medic is unfair. Consider the very short time that buildings were allowed to be placed (dispensers that is) and how they were instantly used to block medic/armory despite multiple warnings that such a thing would (as it did) lead to buildings being rebanned.

-1 though I actually kind of like the idea of being able to choose demo as blu...the end result will probably get ugly one way or another. Irresponsible people come and go and since Jb is a nutcase 90% of the time staff aren't on, things might wreck havoc

-1 at those times the middle/early of a some weekdays or really late (2-4 am) when staff aren't on, or just when the staff are offline in general the demoman weapons will get abused like stickies blocking medic and armory. Its also going to lead to a ton of free kills.

-1 for demoman buutt, +1 FOR DEMOKNIGHT mainly because sticky spam and grenade launch freekills (have you seen Demo lct? almost always wins)

(forgot to tag me @BelloWaldi ;-; )

-1 Theres a reason why this is banned. Its been tried a few times before. And when plug ins broke and we went into emergency rules, demo was accessible. It was hell.

I guess I wasn't on when it's been tried before? But I don't see a problem with a lil trial tbh

and about when plugins brake, imo it's surely isn't just demos that make it hell, it's added on with invis spies, bulding engis etc. etc.