Tomahawk

Pokemon Trade Map Request

This thread hasn't been touched in almost two years. Wut.

Okay, so recently I was comparing the number of maps on other servers to those on Pokemon Trade. Surf has almost 40. TGH has almost 50. Pokemon has . . . 6. I understand that Poketrade has a very narrow theme and not everyone is champing at the bit to make a Pokemon map, but we have three Goldenrod maps, two Ecruteak maps, and Sylux's custom map. So I'm proposing a few more. I don't know if they have any crippling map glitches as I don't have my own test server, but here's hoping we get a bit more variation. :D

Lavender Town (and Routes 8 and 10) Pokemon FRLG: Lavender Town | Team Fortress 2 Maps

Saffron City (CPs can always be disabled) Steam Workshop :: Saffron City (Pokemon)

Another Saffron City map (can't tell if it's the same one) pkmn saffroncity b3 (Team Fortress 2)

Victory Road (Payload optional) pl_victoryroad_b1a (Team Fortress 2)

Thoughts?

~Hero

As an add-on to my previous post, here's another Goldenrod map by @ColdEndeavour that seems to have gone unnoticed, unless I'm missing something.

hgss_goldenrodcity_b2 | Team Fortress 2 Maps

Pretty sure this is the exact same map as the dark goldenrod, but now brighter. We had too many goldenrod maps and people were getting angry because they were just on goldenrod and got sent to it again, but a different version.

I don't play on the servers anymore, so I can't really give any input on the other maps.

I think we already have a bunch of Goldenrod maps on the pokemon server already (enough to have had a vote to remove one of the extras).

Yeah, just throwing that out there. I agree there are too many as it is, but I just wondered if this would be preferable to one of the others we currently have. Thanks for clarifying!

For Lavender Town there was a thread about adding that map a few months ago Pokemon Trade (Map Request) | Xeno Gamers.

tldr, it's very poor quality.

Saffron City is actually a map on the server but not on rotation that refuses to load. I'm not sure what could be wrong with it, but there's likely a good reason it isn't used.

That Victory Road map looks like a painful one dimensional setup of walking forward and dying, that's just based on looking at the images though.

Then that goldenrod map is just the kogan city map we already have.

For Lavender Town there was a thread about adding that map a few months ago Pokemon Trade (Map Request) | Xeno Gamers.

tldr, it's very poor quality.

Saffron City is actually a map on the server but not on rotation that refuses to load. I'm not sure what could be wrong with it, but there's likely a good reason it isn't used.

That Victory Road map looks like a painful one dimensional setup of walking forward and dying, that's just based on looking at the images though.

Then that goldenrod map is just the kogan city map we already have.

We used to have Victory Road on Rotation History and it was a pretty awful map. Heavily biased and unfun imo. @BonfireCentipede

We used to have Victory Road on Rotation History and it was a pretty awful map. Heavily biased and unfun imo. @BonfireCentipede

I remember when we used to have Celadon City. Never again.