Tomahawk

Pokemon Trade Map Request

I don't remember if this was on the map rotation at one point, and if it was. I have no clue why it would be removed.

but this should really be added.

getting tired of the same 2 cities in 3 different maps.

pkmn saffroncity b3 (Team Fortress 2)

@Goblins @Rejects @BelloWaldi

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Im gonna have to agree with Bagel on this one we already have enough spawn camping in the other maps. But hell if enough people want it im sure it'll be sort of fine. I've been on Saffron before and its VERY easy to get camped. Safest place is the Tower but thats too much like GoldenRod plus no music so thats a plus i guess. Anyways im not all for Saffron regardless of a new map being introduced. Sorry Mom :3

We've tested it before. The only area with correct proportions is the tower, which is also the only enterable building. The main area of the city is much smaller than it should be, proportions and area wise. This is an objectively shitty map. We don't need more maps, we need good maps. In zero ways is this a good map. All of my -1 holy shit toma did you even test this or just link the first pokemon map you saw on gamebanana?

Wow I never thought a staff would go as far as to make a thread changing the map rotation, I am so glad someone did; the new Goldenrod is really bad and Ecruteak isn't enough, I don't know what "pkmn saffroncity b3 (Team Fortress 2)" is but, anything that isn't a remake of a map that's in the rotation is good, not necessarily good but a change is for the best.

But I have to agree with Bagel, the map is too small, very inconvenient.

Perhaps a better Pokemon map would be the preferable choice, if there is one that is.

Wow I never thought a staff would go as far as to make a thread changing the map rotation, I am so glad someone did; the new Goldenrod is really bad and Ecruteak isn't enough, I don't know what "pkmn saffroncity b3 (Team Fortress 2)" is but, anything that isn't a remake of a map that's in the rotation is good, not necessarily good but a change is for the best.

nah, whether you enjoy the pokemon map rotation we have or not, all of the maps in it are, finished products, with the polish and everything. we have a much higher level of map in our pokemon rotation than say, TGH. adding a map that is nowhere near up to par with the rest, for the sole reason of "we don't have enough" is dumb. if the maps on the server were bad, you wouldn't be dumping so much time into them, which people will continue to do whether we add more maps or not. had we had low quality maps on the server since the beginning, we wouldn't have the population we do now.

nah, whether you enjoy the pokemon map rotation we have or not, all of the maps in it are, finished products, with the polish and everything. we have a much higher level of map in our pokemon rotation than say, TGH. adding a map that is nowhere near up to par with the rest, for the sole reason of "we don't have enough" is dumb. if the maps on the server were bad, you wouldn't be dumping so much time into them, which people will continue to do whether we add more maps or not. had we had low quality maps on the server since the beginning, we wouldn't have the population we do now.

So, you think having different versions of the same map is "up to par with the rest"?

Yeah people still come to the server, for the map or something else I do not really know, but most people do not really care for the maps, perhaps because they think they're meant to stay and that's how the server works, not the regulars though.

It is just my opinion after all, whether it is wrong or right, I am just stating my opinion on the subject, and I think a new map should be added rather than have 2 of the same map but different versions.

So, you think having different versions of the same map is "up to par with the rest"?

Yeah people still come to the server, for the map or something else I do not really know, but most people do not really care for the maps, perhaps because they think they're meant to stay and that's how the server works, not the regulars though.

It is just my opinion after all, whether or not it is wrong or right, I am just stating my opinion on the subject, and I think a new map should be added rather than have 2 of the same map but different versions.

They're both finished, polished maps that play differently and have differences so yes I totes do. Plus goldenrod v2 and ecruteak were made for us by a member of the community, so once he got them finished enough we added them.

and it sounds like you think the people want 24/7 goldenrod, "perhaps because they think they're meant to stay and that's how the server works", I would be SO DOWN

They're both finished, polished maps that play differently and have differences so yes I totes do. Plus goldenrod v2 and ecruteak were made for us by a member of the community, so once he got them finished enough we added them.

They do play differently I can't say otherwise, but the concept is the same, the buildings are shaped differently and there are tighter spaces here and there, different indoors, but the main idea is the same, no new additions other than different indoors.

and it sounds like you think the people want 24/7 goldenrod, "perhaps because they think they're meant to stay and that's how the server works", I would be SO DOWN

No, I mean people think the rotation will and always will be the same as it is right now, and can not be changed, besides I would love a 24/7 Goldenrod, not everyone would, although I wouldn't mind if there's another map, it wouldn't be 24/7 Goldenrod, but at least when the server restarts it goes back to Goldenrod, so like Goldenrod is the default map, sure another map would not be a disappointment, unless the trees are the same as Ecruteak's, in that case I'd rather stick with Goldenrod.

They do play differently I can't say otherwise, but the concept is the same, the buildings are shaped differently and there are tighter spaces here and there, different indoors, but the main idea is the same, no new additions other than different indoors.

No, I mean people think the rotation will and always will be the same as it is right now, and can not be changed, besides I would love a 24/7 Goldenrod, not everyone would, although I wouldn't mind if there's another map, it wouldn't be 24/7 Goldenrod, but at least when the server restarts it goes back to Goldenrod, so like Goldenrod is the default map, sure another map would not be a disappointment, unless the trees are the same as Ecruteak's, in that case I'd rather stick with Goldenrod.

This is all irrelevant now because COLD UPDATED HIS GOLDENROD TODAY FAM

Goldenrod City Revamp

HURRY UP AND UPDATE TO THE NEW VERSION HOES @Rejects @Scootaloo @BelloWaldi @kbraszzz @Goblins