APArtHistory

Suggestions For Scoreboard Menu

HeyGuys , I wanna give suggestions for improvement of the new scoreboard.

@Stickz @DoctorGringo @Makr6e6 @CharDraesia

Main problem with the scoreboard atm is that it is difficult at times to see the names of people due to the transparency of it.

For example:

ai.imgur.com_oSuJAIU.thumb.jpg.911c55393051e951c357d98888c16e3d.jpg

Depending on certain textures and objects, when you press tab, it can be hard to see the scoreboard at times. I would suggest making an option in the f3 menu to control the transparency of it or to add a semitransparent black block behind the scoreboard.

ai.imgur.com_JvMRczw.thumb.jpg.329357d50ad0f768ef998164b875ea58.jpg

I would also like to suggest adding on the number of infections or alien kills that a person got, on the scoreboard. Adding in how many times they have rdmed would also be good.

I would also like to suggest something that would help to facilitate the small amount of Logic game that is in Morbus.

In tense games vs good Brood, I on human side, in addition to using the scoreboard options for marking someone as brood or suspicious or friendly, will assign a mnemonic (for example, I will assign each group as group A or B or C, and those members, for example in group A, will all be marked as A in my thoughts. this could also be done with numbers. ) to each group. This helps in situations where if I feel like theres a brood in the midst of a group of humans, for example 2 humans (1 innocent, 1 suspicious ) and I encounter the body of the innocent later on, this would tell me that both of them are broods.

Another example would be if there were 3 humans (2 hurt humans + 1 suspicious) and I were to see the 2 humans as a part of another group, with the 3rd nowhere to be found, I would be under the assumption that he is a brood. If I killed him, and game did not end, then it could point to those 2 humans potentially being broods. (depending on weather or not the 2 humans had a medkit on them.)

ai.imgur.com_0dDNSr7.thumb.jpg.85fcf77b095b49d2f24b7a273804350c.jpg

Here is an example of the addition of the concept on the scoreboard. If you wanted to balance it, so that humans could not have access to too much information, then you can only assign one number at a time to a human (so the 39 example would be null). You could also make this numbers option something that could be enabled via the f3 menu. Could also make it so that through the f3 menu you decide if you want numbers, or Letters instead (ABCDEFGHI)

TL:DR this addition would make it so that an individual human is able to keep track of each human group and then deduce who is the Brood from the information given to and processed by the player.

I would also call for the addition of a text mute button, so that you can mute the text of a person who barrages you over text, but still be able to hear what they say in game. Or, you can mute the voice of a person when they mic spam, but still be able to see what they type over text. Also note, when there are a large amount of players on, it becomes impossible to see the voice mute button. (as seen in the first screen shot on this post.) I would recommend adding a X slider so that we can navigate over to the other side of the score board when there are too many people on, or fix the score board so that this doesn't happen.

ai.imgur.com_JXJV3gz.thumb.jpg.b2c8f2eaf21228fcce4b8e0498f00b1e.jpg

To Do List

• Adjust player name fonts / rgba colours to function better around dynamic lighting.
  • Add setting menu check-box to remove the server name from the scoreboard (overlapping)

Extremely Low Priority

• Add features to talley up stats.
  • Add a text mute section.
  • Add fast marking buttons.
  • Add unknown player tag.