Vertex

Ttt Division Manager?

Heya! Anyone want to be a division manager for a potential TTT section of Garry's Mod?

We got the resources to run one of these servers. And a large amount of infrastructure from Morbus.

Oversight resulting from any Morbus staff optionally wanting to carry over, would be done by myself; to provide consistency between servers. Tagging some of the current Morbus staff to let them know what going on. Disregard if you're not interested.

@zOmBIEz @Gamstoby @DoctorGringo @Legion @CharDraesia @Makr6e6

What will a Division Manager be tasked with?

• Populating the server with the assistance of myself.
  • Keeping the forums neat and tidy for this sub-division.
  • Coordinating various moderation and administration aspects.

• Summarizing and reporting community feedback back to myself.
  • Helping test out new maps and possibly uploading them to fastdl.
  • Professionally handling ban protests related to the respective server.

What experience would benefit this position?

• A few years experience moderating gameservers.
  • An in-depth understanding how the gamemode works.
    • And Garry's Mod in general in terms of players.
    • Definitely more than myself and the basics.

I'd be all for taking a different route if a division manager cannot be found. Promoting a bunch of qualified administrators and splitting these tasks between them. There's a lot of people who would be qualified for this position.

Edited by Vertex (see edit history)

darkrp :(

edit: random suggestion, if we're making gmod an actual division instead of a morbus server there should definitely be more attempts in making the playerbase become more invested into xG. think a store, advertisements, the standard member/mod app system we have, etc. I think I'll pass on setting up/managing a server for a game I'm unfamiliar with (pretty busy with csgo anyway) but if you need help with anything else hmu on steam

Edited by Owl (see edit history)

A new XenoGamers subdivision? And in one of my favorite Garry's Mod modes, too? Sign me up!

I'd be more than willing to contribute in any way I can, even if I don't make the cut. TTT is a Garry's Mod classic, and seeing a new division blossoming based on such a fun mode makes me brim with joy, odd as that may sound. What do you normally expect out of a Garry's Mod staffer? I assume that unlike TF2, I'll spend a lot of time as a spectator? (Or other potential staffers, for that matter.)

If you're curious about my moderating experience, past credentials, etc etc, check my Moderator application.

A new XenoGamers subdivision? And in one of my favorite Garry's Mod modes, too? Sign me up!

I'd be more than willing to contribute in any way I can, even if I don't make the cut. TTT is a Garry's Mod classic, and seeing a new division blossoming based on such a fun mode makes me brim with joy, odd as that may sound. What do you normally expect out of a Garry's Mod staffer? I assume that unlike TF2, I'll spend a lot of time as a spectator? (Or other potential staffers, for that matter.)

If you're curious about my moderating experience, past credentials, etc etc, check my Moderator application.

Lots of experience. Not 50 forums posts though. :giggle:

The people who know the community well and are able to employ pro-resolution skills; when resolving conflicts, often make the best moderators.

Lots of experience. Not 50 forums posts though. :giggle:

The people who know the community well and are able to employ pro-resolution skills; when resolving conflicts, often make the best moderators.

its more knowing how the game mode works then anything imo but those skills help. and to staff if all you have to do is check logs make sure people arnt using bad sprays and stop people from spamming and prop throwing/riding.

i'd be down but idk if i wanna commit the time to it again as before i rejoined i was running my own TTT server.

There's a lot more to moderating than just slay, slay, ban. Once karma starts curbing various issues with random death matches, there should be a very minimalistic need for server bans.

Being able to resolve conflicts is what I value most in a moderator. Not one which just checks the logs and makes the issues go away.

For instance, if someone is new Garry's Mod, you don't ban them unless they start massing, leave you no choice.

Edited by Vertex (see edit history)

There's a lot more to moderating than just slay, slay, ban. Once karma starts curbing various issues with random death matches, there should be a very minimalistic need for server bans.

Being able to resolve conflicts is what I value most in a moderator. Not one which just checks the logs and makes the issues go away.

never said i slay slay and ban and only use logs to deal out punishment logs are helpful to see if somebody is random shooting to tell them to stop it, and karma only stops the not very smart mass rdmer's. the only times i would ban would be mass rdmer's and repeat offenders who just dont care about the rdm's they do but even then that is a time out. im all for helping new players learn how to play and teachin em the rules.

Karma curbs all random death matches when the exponential formula is constructed properly and it properly carries between map changes.

The server bans on the highly successful Morbus server dropped by a whopping 80% when sanity (aka karma) was employed to it's fullest potential.

The only thing it cannot stop is people who hop between servers mass rdming then leaving. In which case a server ban is required.

Being impartial is also useful, correct? Having that special touch that calms folks down in an argument? I can see those as good qualities in a staff member, myself.

A huge thing about moderating also involves circumstances. Being able to make the right call, even if it isn't always by-the-book. Sometimes, this causes conflict, but taking a bit of administrative lenience towards newer players is one of the nicest things that an admin can do. At least, till they begin to freekill or intentionally break rules.

I'd be willing to help out as normal staff, rather than DM. I was Super Admin on a Dark RP server awhile ago(Not the same, i know) and ive played a ton of TTT to know about the game mode. I would just need some pointers and a command list if I got the position. Not fully sure if I'll be staff on it though. I'd wanna play on it for a bit and get to know the people there first.

edit: random suggestion, if we're making gmod an actual division instead of a morbus server there should definitely be more attempts in making the playerbase become more invested into xG. think a store, advertisements, the standard member/mod app system we have, etc.

Yeah TTT would definitely help with getting more clan members involved; while boosting up both Garry's Mod servers at the same time. This is something a division manager could definitely take care of; as, I don't have time to do both operate and fully manage. This would be the third gameserver operated by myself, with an endless list of things that can be coded.

I think I'll pass on setting up/managing a server for a game I'm unfamiliar with (pretty busy with csgo anyway) but if you need help with anything else hmu on steam

I've been operating servers for quite some time now and am very experienced at this task. It's been over three years for Nuclear Dawn and anther year plus for Morbus. TTT would be a breeze getting it going and merging Morbus infrastructure.

Writing MySQL queries is the only thing I cannot do; as my focus is more so on the lua end of things.

I'd be willing to help out as normal staff, rather than DM. I was Super Admin on a Dark RP server awhile ago(Not the same, i know) and ive played a ton of TTT to know about the game mode. I would just need some pointers and a command list if I got the position. Not fully sure if I'll be staff on it though. I'd wanna play on it for a bit and get to know the people there first.

Yeah it's definitely good to play on a server first and get to know your surroundings before moderating it.

I'm sure a division manager would be great for the task of pointers and commands should one be found!

A huge thing about moderating also involves circumstances. Being able to make the right call, even if it isn't always by-the-book. Sometimes, this causes conflict, but taking a bit of administrative lenience towards newer players is one of the nicest things that an admin can do. At least, till they begin to freekill or intentionally break rules.

Yeah a lot of things are circumstantial. It's definitely about having the right judgment.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

TTT eh? I used to play it way back. Having an xG server would be pretty fun.

I'd love to help out as maybe a Mod though, since I'm already Mod in the TF2 div and might not have the time to both be a Mod and DM.

I don't know what your current roster looks like, since the staff list only shows 2 people...

As for experience: I used to run my own TF2 server and moderated a Gmod server before I joined xG. I'm also currently a Moderator in the TF2 Division

Moderators is definitely good too. We may end up going a different route and having a bunch of administrators instead of a division manager. Those will be able to help moderators get setup and potentially train them where required.

As for activity requirements, there is no set amount of hours you need to be activate for. Long as you peak in every now and then to stay familiar with the community; and don't get out of touch with the latest advances. The problem that is often experienced is when moderators do not join the server for months on end, then come back and are unable to perform their task. Staff will receive a message from their respective division leader or manager on Garry's Mod if they are approaching this threshold.

Some moderators on Morbus currently moderate / have moderated multiple servers and are over-qualified for their position.

I will update the staff roaster once this gets organized right now we have.

>
Division Leader -Myself
Division Manager -Gringo
Administrators -Marker
Moderators - char, legion, zombiez, gamstoby, bacon, ItsAaron
Assistant Moderators - wickershade, james

Note: Assistant moderators only have access to chat commands (mute and gag) and are only responsible for handling related issues. This is a very good starting place for some people. Someone gets assigned to train them, and they eventually get promoted to moderator. A couple of people who have when through this are now qualified for administrator.