Has the LoL Ranked Community always been this cancerous?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Has the LoL Ranked Community always been this cancerous?

• Cancerous AF
    • Just a few bad matches

So last night after finally getting my third Sona Mastery 7 shard, i was wondering how i get blue essences so i could complete the mastery..as it turns out, i need to play ranked matches to unlock mastery chests to get blue essences, so i think to myself "Alright, fine, ill just do a couple ranked games and see how it goes.".It was awful, i mean sure i have bad games all the time (Sona sup main) and i been on a losing streak lately, but HOLY HYLIA those two ranked matches were some of the most cancerous things i had ever witnessed! So now i'm here asking the XenoGamers community for their opinions on the whole matter.

The question is: Has the League of Legends ranked community always been this cancerous, or was it just another fault of having a bad match?

i need to play ranked matches to unlock mastery chests to get blue essences,

You can purchase Mystery Champion Shards from the ingame Store for IP and then break those down for Blue Essence. Figured it would save you some time and frustration. Pretty sure they're 1,500 IP each :coffee:

Edited by Forest (see edit history)

You can purchase Mystery Champion Shards from the ingame Store for IP and then break those down for Blue Essence. Figured it would save you some time and frustration. Pretty sure they're 1,500 IP each :coffee:

yeah thats easier or you can just play normals. u dont have to play ranked.

to answer your question, yes. every game that has a very competitive ranked ladder comes with people who get very upset when they are losing. its just natural, it has nothing to do with the game specifically. people are like that in other games like overwatch and csgo. LoL just has a lot of people so you see it more often. you have to realize though that there are a ton of people who aren't crazily toxic as well. its a part of playing competitive team video games that you have to deal with teammates

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

@Barmithian @Forest

Thank you so much for the help and advice, i'll be honest with myself, i'm a filthy casual and have no place in ranked games. That being said, i only tried playing ranked to be able unlock those mastery chests for the chance to get the champion shards for blue essences because everyone i looked trying to figure out how to get chests, people said ranked matches so i went with what i could find.

+1 to @Barmithian and @Forest for being helpful and everything~.

to answer your question, yes. every game that has a very competitive ranked ladder comes with people who get very upset when they are losing. its just natural, it has nothing to do with the game specifically. people are like that in other games like overwatch and csgo. LoL just has a lot of people so you see it more often. you have to realize though that there are a ton of people who aren't crazily toxic as well. its a part of playing competitive team video games that you have to deal with teammates
In response to your answer @Barmithian, i kinda figured this was the case, but i was just caught off guard by the instant toxicity from my first ranked matches, and was concerned if this would end up being the norm or not, and figured if im gonna ask around, i may as well open a discussion on the forums for people to talk about/vent their concerns and make myself a little more useful in the xG community.

You can purchase Mystery Champion Shards from the ingame Store for IP and then break those down for Blue Essence. Figured it would save you some time and frustration. Pretty sure they're 1,500 IP each
I didn't know that this was a thing, thank you so much~ Edited by Guest (see edit history)

@Barmithian @Forest

Thank you so much for the help and advice, i'll be honest with myself, i'm a filthy casual and have no place in ranked games. That being said, i only tried playing ranked to be able unlock those mastery chests for the chance to get the champion shards for blue essences because everyone i looked trying to figure out how to get chests, people said ranked matches so i went with what i could find.

+1 to @Barmithian and @Forest for being helpful and everything~.

In response to your answer @Barmithian, i kinda figured this was the case, but i was just caught off guard by the instant toxicity from my first ranked matches, and was concerned if this would end up being the norm or not, and figured if im gonna ask around, i may as well open a discussion on the forums for people to talk about/vent their concerns and make myself a little more useful in the xG community.

I didn't know that this was a thing, thank you so much~

no problem. im bored a lot so if you want to play league some time add me. my name is Barmithian

One of the reasons I avoid playing Ranked is because I play the game to have fun; which typically means playing with unconventional builds from time to time (Crittlesticks) and just generally not taking the game seriously. Chances are you'll face toxicity both in and out of ranked, it'll just be more potent in ranked because it's full of try-hards who want to win and excel, and they can't do this if others aren't "pulling their weight" so to speak. Unfortunately, this isn't always the case as there's a huge tendency for players to get tilted from minor things which in turn affects their gameplay.

More often than not, I've found that players who lose their cool end up bringing the whole team down. Whether that be through verbal abuse, or through irrational decision making. We all know that one player; the one that continuously throws him/herself at an opposing player with the mentality of 'this time I'll kill him' until they go into full tilt mode when it never works and the enemy snowballs off of it. Or the one player who starts picking apart the team in terms of whose lane is doing the worst and solely blames them for throwing the game.

Needless to say, if you plan on playing Ranked it's important not to let anyone get to you; opposing players or otherwise. Prepare yourself for the toxicity beforehand and act accordingly. If someone is upset with how you're playing, simply defuse the situation by apologizing, stating that you're somewhat new to the ranked scene, or what-have-you. It's far easier (and way more constructive) to acknowledge that someone on the team is upset and to reply in a way that won't make them tilt any harder than it is to give a sarcastic or hostile response.

That all being said, Ranked certainly isn't for everyone. I prefer my games with a little less salt, if you know what I mean :Old Man:

If you do ever want to play ranked, a thing that helps quite a lot of people is to type /mute @all at the beginning of the game. Prevents you from seeing other people's comments and allows you to focus on your own gameplay. I personally don't do it but I see the benefits for either option