Owl

Update

Hello Minecrafters, "Division Leader Owl" here

First off, I'm sorry for all the delays and failed expectations. Both me and mince got burnt out of minecraft and the initial release was just.. a massive misstep

Before we get into the future, theres a nice warm DM seat. Said DM is to help out with ideas and server management, and will likely be promoted to DL in the near future. Contact me if you're interested. The only real criteria is that you kinda know what you're doing and you're active in xG.

Moving forward, we'll be looking to do some type of Minecraft Halloween event. The only real problem with that is I'm not really sure what to do. We're open to any suggestions :)

Post-Halloween, there will definitely be an ACTUAL minecraft server. I've been leaning more towards towny, but I'm not 100% sure yet. No date as of now. There will, however, be much more updates.

I think, just my opinion, that we should get the server 100% before we do an event. Meaning an improved spawn and no lagging

I agree to a certain extent although wouldn't the event be for just xG members to have fun on that day or would it be like the actual "come play minecraft!!"?

I've been leaning more towards towny, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

To be honest the moment I joined the server for the first time to help out, I knew right away from the buildings and the personality of the staff the 'factions' server you had in mind would soon become a towny server. @Owl

I think, just my opinion, that we should get the server 100% before we do an event. Meaning an improved spawn and no lagging

The "lag" was from me reloading permissions, which happened 3 or 4 times during the span of an hour and each time the lag lasted 15-20 seconds.

Since you're mentioning it, I'm assuming you experienced it which implies you also read every broadcast prior to the reloads. Yet here we are, I still have to explain this again.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I'm willing to help however I can. Not sure exactly what I could do. It was quite a while ago, but I've ran a 24 player minecraft server and managed plugins before. Had bukkit, and some essentials like world edit, towny, and the skill based one MMOskills or whatever it was called, that let you use tree feller and ect. Was almost a year ago, so I dont know how helpful that is. I helped test one of the old worlds we used when the server was up years ago, made sure it didnt look broken when the world got opened to the public and as soon as I made a house it was closed again lol

We had hunger games up and running, but I think we will focus on a single world and try to get that running 24/7. I think @Owl and @DrPepperPhreak will make a post this week about their decision on their direction with the game.

update #2:

haven't said much about this place since I stepped down. With the return of supermad I think the server is in good hands. As I originally said, the server will still be towny/mcmmo. mince and myself will still oversee everything and make sure the server ends up well, but with supermad, aegean, klure, and pepper working on everything I believe it'll end up much better than it could've with someone who lacks motivation for this dumb block game such as myself

sorry for all the delays guys.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

update #2:

haven't said much about this place since I stepped down. With the return of supermad I think the server is in good hands. As I originally said, the server will still be towny/mcmmo. mince and myself will still oversee everything and make sure the server ends up well, but with supermad, aegean, klure, and pepper working on everything I believe it'll end up much better than it could've with someone who lacks motivation for this dumb block game such as myself

sorry for all the delays guys.

Block games 2016 LULZ.