Vertex

Gmod Player Models Requests

I'm adding custom player models to the pointshop on Garry's Mod. If anyone would like to request a model, post a link bellow.

Morbus is currently fully supported and TTT will have support as well before the server is launched.

Edit: Example accept list of player models.

List of Accepted Player Models :: MorbusXG

Edit2: Example of denied or put on hold player model requests.

List of Deined Player Models :: MorbusXG

Edited by Vertex (see edit history)

Dead Space playermodels are going to have to be a must-have for this gamemode, have wanted to see them in Morbus since its release.

Steam Workshop :: Dead Space 2 Titan security NPC/PLAYERMODEL - Titan Station Security

Steam Workshop :: Advanced Soldier RIG PM and NPCs - EarthGov Space Marine

I'll be forever in your debt if these are added

We're pretty picky for player models. The first one is over 8mb which is too large for client download times. And the second one is too close to an brood alien model because there's no visible human face. I just edited my first post with example accepted models.

We're pretty picky for player models. The first one is over 8mb which is too large for client download times. And the second one is too close to an brood alien because there's no visible human face. I just edited my first post with example accepted models.

I found a 2mb version of the first which is smaller because it's lower res textures and no bodygroups or whatever, however it's an NPC not a playermodel specifically, not sure if that would work?

Also excuse me if I sound condescending, but...how on earth is the second model "too close to a brood alien"? Just because the face isn't visible? It doesn't make much sense to me, that looks absolutely nothing like a brood for reasons which should be too obvious to state, and there's already models in the pointshop without visible face, not to mention you can give your model mask/hat additions that completely conceal the head anyway? It just sounds kinda silly to me.

The Morbus server is geared more toward a vanilla game-play experience. And certain models like the second one, steer the server in the wrong direction. We tried adding similar models in the past, but ultimately decided to remove them. There are custom weapons and tons of other content like things for the pointshop; but, they're all very polished and feel like they naturally belong inside the game-mode.

That doesn't mean a future TTT server or even anther Garry's Mod server won't steer in a different direction though. I'm willing to add a 2mb version of the first model, if the helmet can be taken off, in a way that's compatible with the pointshop. But the second one would need saved for anther gamemode, or converted into a brood alien model, if we go down that road in the future

Edited by Vertex (see edit history)