DoctorGringo

Doctorgringo - Garrys Mod

It was a 3 hour ban from the server, which has already expired. As an admin on the GMod division, shouldn't you also be following the rules to where it would be hard pressed to consider you were the one breaking them? Let alone not wearing tags at all according to your recent steam names and even impersonating @Vertex

Gringo was demoted because of his inability to follow server rules. And unwillingness to improve his ways when it came to moderation. The forum tag was never removed.

Maker slayed you for spamming the lights and it instantly stopped. Given how you were slayed five times a couple days ago for doing the same thing, the next required step was a three hour server ban. I was informed this protest was being made for the troll of it.

And the three day server ban today for ghosting the names of brood aliens in all chat and mass rdm won't be getting removed early. You'll have to sit it out. I will not be as lenient, if you come back and do it again, after the ban has expired. Extra steps are being taken to make ban evasion virtually impossible.

You may not agree with how things are run, but that doesn't give you the right to come on the server and ruin the game for everyone. Friend or not if someone is breaking server rules, they'll be moderated fairly and equally. You've been given every possible chance to stop it. It's not recommended heading down this direction.

Edited by Vertex (see edit history)

Not an admin anymore, most the admins left because Vertex is crazy and you dipshits ignore all the complaints about him.

Then why don't you actually do something about it and make a thread? The problem with the gmod division is that you guys have a hard time communicating and have little to no inactivity on the forums so we, the other xg members of other divisions can see what is going on. I've never heard any complaints about stickz in the 5 years I have been here and the few conversations I have with him about servers are very informative. So if you have any evidence to back up your claim then by all means tell us and show us but until then we will take his word and the fact you see to have some problems at first glance. Ithe only reinforces my theory. I don't mean to sound rude or that I'm scolding you, it's only a suggestion in how you could improve the division as a whole and perhaps get other members of xg to take some interest.

Also calling us dipshits is no way to get your point across and gives me no motivation to help you. From what I see you've been here for awhile and I hear no complaints that you claim to say exist. So please give us these complaints.

Then why don't you actually do something about it and make a thread? The problem with the gmod division is that you guys have a hard time communicating and have little to no inactivity on the forums so we, the other xg members of other divisions can see what is going on. I've never heard any complaints about stickz in the 5 years I have been here and the few conversations I have with him about servers are very informative. So if you have any evidence to back up your claim then by all means tell us and show us but until then we will take his word and the fact you see to have some problems at first glance. Ithe only reinforces my theory. I don't mean to sound rude or that I'm scolding you, it's only a suggestion in how you could improve the division as a whole and perhaps get other members of xg to take some interest.

Also calling us dipshits is no way to get your point across and gives me no motivation to help you. From what I see you've been here for awhile and I hear no complaints that you claim to say exist. So please give us these complaints.

This isn't meant to be bashing the gmod division or anything I just really want other xg members to take part in said division. Servers ran by stickz (nuclear dawn and gmod now) always seem mysterious to our other divisions and in tf2 we have conversations about it. Nothing bad really it's just that if we all took an effort in recognizing another whole divison then perhaps there can be some transparency. I'm gonna ask some tf2 players if they would be interested. Gmod when it was ran by charrax, house and skitzo, (regardless of the fact it died when each of those 3 had it) each attracted other members in the xg community including the then CSS community. And we had some fun playing darkrp (not suggesting to bring back darkRp).

I know this might sound silly or unnecessary but Gringo's comment made me think and I thank him for that. Im gonna try playing some gmod and see the situation first hand and I encourage others to join in.

This isn't meant to be bashing the gmod division or anything I just really want other xg members to take part in said division. Servers ran by stickz (nuclear dawn and gmod now) always seem mysterious to our other divisions and in tf2 we have conversations about it. Nothing bad really it's just that if we all took an effort in recognizing another whole divison then perhaps there can be some transparency. I'm gonna ask some tf2 players if they would be interested. Gmod when it was ran by charrax, house and skitzo, (regardless of the fact it died when each of those 3 had it) each attracted other members in the xg community including the then CSS community. And we had some fun playing darkrp (not suggesting to bring back darkRp).

I know this might sound silly or unnecessary but Gringo's comment made me think and I thank him for that. Im gonna try playing some gmod and see the situation first hand and I encourage others to join in.

100% agree, gmod and nuclear dawn could just as well be a completely separate entity at this point. Forum activity from said divisions is literally 0 and we have no idea who is staff on the servers since its never mentioned in promo/demo. I'm not saying everything needs to be here, but some forum activity from all of our divisions would benefit all of us and do nothing but help us grow.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Gmod when it was ran by charrax, house and skitzo, (regardless of the fact it died when each of those 3 had it) each attracted other members in the xg community including the then CSS community. And we had some fun playing darkrp (not suggesting to bring back darkRp).

100% agree, gmod and nuclear dawn could just as well be a completely separate entity at this point. Forum activity from said divisions is literally 0 and we have no idea who is staff on the servers since its never mentioned in promo/demo. I'm not saying everything needs to be here, but some forum activity from all of our divsions would benefit all of us and do nothing but help us grow.

Things are progressing nicely on Garry's Mod. TTT should come up *eventually* and improve forum activity. And Morbus has a very nice donator system now with server content. There's definitely a lot the clan can do to become more involved with this division and learn quite a few things about improving moderation and population while doing it. I have little time to deal with everything myself with a new semester starting in a few days. But I will say this, it seems a bit hypocritical to criticize something you've never really played on and don't know the circumstances to. Forum activity was definitely better with division managers around, but at the same time they need to be able and willing to hold the position; without comprising the server's player-base. There's always room for improvement, but sometimes difficult decisions need to be made, to ensure things keep moving forward in the right direction.

Edited by Vertex (see edit history)

Not an admin anymore, most the admins left because Vertex is crazy and you dipshits ignore all the complaints about him.

The only person who's no longer moderator currently is yourself. The activity of other moderators is actually increasing with server activity.

I was slayed and banned for light spamming even though I didn't do it. @Vertex banned me without even checking who was spamming the lights.

When I drop into spectator, the light switch spamming stops. I have to find more clever ways to tell who's doing it, without giving any indication they're being watched.

The only person who's no longer moderator currently is yourself. The activity of other moderators is actually increasing with server activity.

When I drop into spectator, the light switch spamming stops. I have to find more clever ways to tell who's doing it, without giving any indication they're being watched.

Isn’t it possible to add a log on certain triggers as like kills are logged?

Isn’t it possible to add a log on certain triggers as like kills are logged?

I think there's an event somewhere that can be hooked when the entity is triggered. I'll likely get around patching this exploit eventually, when times permits.

Things are progressing nicely on Garry's Mod. TTT should come up *eventually* and improve forum activity. And Morbus has a very nice donator system now with server content.

I'm sure the server(s) are great, but I'm talking about forums. What is so great about our forum is that i can somewhat keep myself updated with what's going on the other divisions even though i don't really play on the servers that often.

here's definitely a lot the clan can do to become more involved with this division and learn quite a few things about improving moderation and population while doing it.

Yes, but there's also things you can do yourself to get more involved with the rest of the clan. For example, why is the staff roster so horribly out of date? Why do you discuss everything in a steam group instead of forums? There's a lot of work that can be done here from both sides that would benefit us greatly as a community.

I have little time to deal with everything myself with a new semester starting in a few days.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of us have either school or work to attend. If there's is way too much work for a single person to do, why not promote some more staff or get some help from people in other divisions? We're a community after all, if one of us needs some help, that help should be available to get.

There's always room for improvement, but sometimes difficult decisions need to be made, to ensure things keep moving forward in the right direction.

Definitely. My intention with this post isn't to be rude, but the way gmod and nuclear dawn is run is so drastically different from the rest of xG, i feel like it kind of hinders us from growing. A lot of people, especially the newer members have no idea that gmod or nd even is a division. I feel like having more forum presence would remedy the situation somewhat, and not only grow the your divisions and in turn make xG bigger, but grow the entire clan as a whole.

Yes, but there's also things you can do yourself to get more involved with the rest of the clan. For example, why is the staff roster so horribly out of date? Why do you discuss everything in a steam group instead of forums? There's a lot of work that can be done here from both sides that would benefit us greatly as a community.

The steam group is integrated with the steam client people play on the server with. It's a powerful tool for shipping notifications to clients and populating the server. Otherwise, it's mainly used for quick questions or posting links to player models people want on the server. Longer posts like feedback threads, the forums work better for. There's pros and cons to both. You can't just invite someone to be instantly signed up on the forums, like what can be done with a steam group during prep-rounds.

Something like updating a staff roaster is a task an assistant like a division manager should be performing. My time is limited and valuable due to programming skills. So improving the server experience is always going to be set at a higher priority than updating the staff roaster. There's no dm currently, if there was it would be done already.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of us have either school or work to attend. If there's is way too much work for a single person to do, why not promote some more staff or get some help from people in other divisions? We're a community after all, if one of us needs some help, that help should be available to get.

Currently there's nobody willing from other divisions that's active on Garry's Mod. That's why launching TTT will change things, by sparking more interest. I'm always looking for more staff. There are multiple moderators currently, but that's the only task they wish to perform.

Definitely. My intention with this post isn't to be rude, but the way gmod and nuclear dawn is run is so drastically different from the rest of xG, i feel like it kind of hinders us from growing. A lot of people, especially the newer members have no idea that gmod or nd even is a division.

Garry's Mod is a huge positive having the game-server and the moderators. The only thing missing is the human resource element appointing a division manger could fix this, but there has to be someone willing to perform the task and stay in-touch with the community. A couple have expressed they're only willing to do this for TTT when it's launched. Multiple servers will be the key factor in the future, to create the type of clan involvement TF2 has, while maintaining all the positives of running things differently.

5aa4c4562bf64_ScreenShot2017-01-07at4_49_21PM.png.8886b3415df801f3b6d040117a9f83c1.png 131 Players

5aa4c4560a80d_ScreenShot2017-01-07at4_49_15PM.png.c66cc7062258a8a487c70f3324f23183.png 10,500 Players

Heres my thoughts and suggestions:

• You should keep the MorbusXG group as it currently is, but make it so its a fan group instead of what you made it as home base for the Gmod server.

• When you make an announcement in the MorbusXG, you are only alerting the same little crew that currently already knows about the server, I feel you should try to use the main xG steam group to make announcements so you can get a lot more attention. (98% more players)...You could make announcements in both groups just in case if not everyone in the MorbusXG group isn’t in the primary.

Then why don't you actually do something about it and make a thread? The problem with the gmod division is that you guys have a hard time communicating

I've created a discussion with Rhodo a little while ago, like he asked, and nothing ever came of it. I explained why the server was heading in a bad direction and how Vertex was ignoring all admins and players on the server, not working with us, and basically telling us "it's my way or the highway" despite the fact I've been helping him with the server since it was launched.

The mods are inactive. If you are talking about Legion and Gamstoby, they play very rarely and barely moderate. Everyone else is gone, including your new Division Manager and specifically because of you're new fascist way of moderating.

but at the same time they need to be able and willing to hold the position; without comprising the server's player-base. There's always room for improvement, but sometimes difficult decisions need to be made, to ensure things keep moving forward in the right direction.

We were willing and able to hold the position. The only issue here is that you decided that banning people is evil no matter what the circumstances. How are we supposed to enforce rules on the server when the server owner specifically tells us not to ban players, and if we do we get punished. Do you know how many RDM's/Mass RDM's i've seen lately where the RDM isn't punished? Do you know how many players I see complaining and bitching at you to do something about the RDMing? The most insane thing is that you MUTE the players who are complaining while letting the RDMer keep playing. You are making the server fun for rule breakers and miserable for regular players. Why do you not trust the mods and players who have been playing and helping you with the server for years? No one agrees with your way of moderating, Makr and I have told you specifically why this is an awful way to run a server, but you ignore us and take away my mod for banning RDMers. What a great direction we're heading in; No active mods, no Division Manager, unhappy player base.

You may not agree with how things are run, but that doesn't give you the right to come on the server and ruin the game for everyone. Friend or not if someone is breaking server rules, they'll be moderated fairly and equally.

But why do other players get to come on the server and ruin the game for everyone? Like I've stated RDM's are happening all the time and you do nothing about it. Why is there special bias when it comes to me breaking the rules and most other players can get away with it? You're not moderating fairly and equally, you pick and choose who get's muted (those who disagree with you and are angry about RDM) and banned, otherwise your ban list would be a lot larger.

Gringo was demoted because of his inability to follow server rules. And unwillingness to improve his ways when it came to moderation.

I was demoted because I would punished players and you randomly out of the blue thought that was evil, despite us doing it and it working for years. I feel like ignoring RDM and muting those who YOU find annoying isn't an improvement at all.

it seems a bit hypocritical to criticize something you've never really played on and don't know the circumstances to.

Only thing I agree with, these people don't know anything about GMOD/Morbus and don't really care either, which is fine, just makes me wonder why we're part of this clan in the first place.