Aegean

Sponsor Megathread!

Alrighty, so my suggestions are for the forums/TF2 servers (might work on CS:GO, but I'm not too familiar with CS:GO's plugins and whatnot)

Custom models. There are plugins that allow you to change your player model/projectile models. Custom player models would be a cool way to show that you're supporting the servers, especially since you'd be the only Captain Falcon walking around.

The bad side is, it's more stuff for people to download. We'd just have to keep 'em under a certain filesize.

The second suggestion is Custom sounds. Some servers have plugins that let certain people play custom sounds over the entire server. Or you could use the sm_play command (which is currently locked to Admin, I think), but uses the built in TF2 sounds (and Gabe's famous "Welcome to Team Fortress 2" speech). I think custom sounds can be played with sm_play, but I haven't played with it enough.

Since sm_play requires the user to also know the directory of the sound, I figure it wouldn't be too hard for me to write a quick menu for Sourcemod to easily find and use the sounds. If it's approved.

I also don't know if it's already a thing, but a neato "Sponsor" tag in game would be cool. I know TF2 is kinda limited in what attributes text can have, but a customizable tag with various colors/effects would be nice. Whatever's possible

As for forum ideas, perhaps we could add some kind of effects for names and text. I know I've suggested the stupid Runescape-esque chat effects for Shoutbox, but perhaps that could also be expanded to also include the entire forums? Nothing too eye-gougingly annoying of course.

Welp, those are my awful ideas for now.

In response to @Bone

suggestions

Custom Models : oh god no, the servers already have to download way too much items as is; I can't even really load Saxton Hale without it legitimately taking 30 minutes to load. It would be pretty cool, but if your suggestion is aimed to having them across all servers; I'm giving it a big -1 also mainly because of hitboxes. It does sound nice but; just don't think it would be a good idea right now

(cough) 12 GB overall (cough)

Custom sounds; I like this; however especially at Pokémon trade; people are annoyed by the music alone. Allowing access to sound effects would just make it a bit worse.

Sponsor tag : +1

Runescape Chat in shoutbox : +1

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Hey, it'sa me, the one Sponsor who's posted in this thread.

First off, thanks to @Bello for helping to make the in game Sponsor tag exist.

Now, these ideas are for the TF2 servers. So the CS:GO Sponsors (if there are any...) need to post what they think should be added since I don't play CS:GO...

I'd like to see these plugins added for us Sponsors (could be for Donators too, but eyy, that's up to the higher ups to decide).

Rainbow Glow and Become MeeM

Another possible addition could be The Wheel of Doom! But of course, much like other possible game altering plugins, it would need a vote passed to be activated.

And possibly This added to accompany our list of "Become boss" plugins, for obvious reasons... (unless we already have it and I haven't seen it).

I believe that's all I've got for now. Thanks for wasting a few minutes of your time reading this.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)