Caleb956

New Plugin(s?) To Perhaps Add?

Well I was talking with @SuperMaddud on the server, and I brought up if Mythicmobs will ever be added, now I don't know if the plugin has even been updated since 1.7, so if it hasn't then this is useless, but either way I will explain the plugin.

Explanation of some sorts:

Well, the plugin spawns these special named mobs (which are easy to distinguish between normal mobs since they have names above their heads) which are rarer than normal spawns. These spawns drop items such as Socket Gems, Socketed Items, Tomes of Knowledge (Don't remember their exact name lol), etc.

Items you can get through this plugin and how they work!

Well to start off, it is possible you can just get a normal weapon, but don't worry about this completely breaking the point of mining since the only way players can get diamond/high tier items are through extremely rare type of mobs that spawn wearing diamond armour/using diamond swords or whatnot, and even at that it's not confirmed that the items will always be socketed.

Socket Gems: These are the big thing about the plugin, you can insert these into the socketed items to give it special enchantments, and that stands for swords, armour, the gem will have a label on it stating if it is meant for a weapon or armour so it's easier to sort or whatnot. (You can edit these through the plugin to make the gems be whatever you want them to be, for example sugar, or an emerald or something, but I recommend staying away from making them nether stars since it can be easily abused.)

Unidentified Weapons: These are most commonly the items that are going to be the Legendary tier of weapons, so they will be highly enchanted, normally have 2 sockets. However it is also possible to get just a normal ol' stone sword that is unidentified, so don't waste your Tomes on those, but if you are going for an enchanted bow like myself did, its always fun to see if its good or not.

Tomes of Knowledge(or whatever they are called): Following on the unidentified objects part, these are used to simply "Identify" what your unidentified object is, really no other purpose, these are also dropped from the named mobs.

Socketed Weapons: You can insert socket gems into these items, armour gems into a socketed armour piece, weapon gems into a socket weapon and so on and so forth.

I may be forgetting some small details about this plugin since it's been awhile, but that's most of what is important, thanks for reading ;)

Oh by the way please tell me if a sentence doesn't make any sense and I will try and explain it better :p

Edit: I may end up editing this with a few more plugins if I can remember any lol

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

The plugin you are suggesting is called MythicDrops. MythicMobs allows server administrators to fully modify all attributes of monsters on your server, and even create your own mobs, bosses, and other many other fun mob-related things. MythicDrops has indeed been updated since 1.7, (even if it wasn't it would still work fine) and can be found here.