Vexx

Poll To Add A Unicode (lenny) Filter To All Servers

Add a unicode filter to all xG TF2 servers?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Add a unicode filter to all xG TF2 servers?

• No
    • Yes

Was requested to make a poll to add a unicode filter, which also includes "lenny" faces, to the server, you will have 7 days to vote. Only members may vote. Feel free to discuss it here.

As sad as it is to say, getting rid of lennies will make it so new people will leave the server because they don't want to frequent a server where they can't spam annoying faces.

As much as I hate unicode faces generally, I think this is a bad move. I'm up for trying it out for a week or something though. -1

+1 , because that sounds hilarious.

I laugh at servers that replace it with stuff like "trade me for free items" but that's obviously a bit too far when I really think about it. Sort of need SOMETHING to get through so they realize it got swapped and they don't freak out and think their script isn't working though.

+1

I however agree with @Kypari that it could somewhat kill the population because people like to spam.

I'm in to say try it for a week and see how the population goes.

And if the population does decline massively we could just remove it.

+1

I however agree with @Kypari that it could somewhat kill the population because people like to spam.

I'm in to say try it for a week and see how the population goes.

And if the population does decline massively we could just remove it.

Regardless if this thing was actually currently active it wouldn't be any different than us manually muting or gagging the player regardless of it being Lenny's or not. So us gagging would hurt the population as much as this; but this tool would help a bit.

Edited by TheSupremePatriot (see edit history)

I would love a filter for lennies. It is literally more annoying than random crits and the most cancerous thing I have seen. I honestly hope this one goes through. I won't point fingers but some people spam them to hide the fact they can only play scout.