Aegean

Suggestions/questions For Reviews

If you have any suggestions or questions about the Review section, post here. It is still being tested out and we are starting to learn who is good at writing reviews.

Custom badges will be made for users who make reviews that are featured on the highlighted section.

Can we do review on Gamemodes for gmod and adventrue mods for skyrim/fallout for example?

Absolutely, you can make up a custom template for it, similar to how @TheSupremePatriot made one for apps!

Title of your thread should only be the full name of the game (If it's early access, add that beside the title with [ ] )

Example: The Forest [Early Access]

Game Name:

Platform:

Time Spent: (A rough estimate is fine if the game doesn't track it)

Do you recommend?

Y/N

What you rate the game: (1 to 10)

Initial Thoughts:

Pros: (At least 2 reasons)

Cons: (At least 2 reasons)

Final Thoughts:

=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

So this is the format as-is for the review, and I'd love to see some expansion on the sections of this.

I mean, there isn't a section which specifically asks to describe the game (both gameplay and storyline).

If not new sections such as "Overview of Gameplay:" or "Brief description of Storyline:",

then I'd at least like to see a sentence which says something like "Don't forget to describe the gameplay and storyline of the game!"

If anyone has any other ideas for new "sections" for reviews in for formate, go ahead and post!

P.S. Sorry about the delayed review of Metroid 2 @Aegean, I've had some issues getting it to work and I've been busy with my new job.

I hope for it to be finished on Sunday.

Are we also allowed to List the server we played on or would that count as advertising?

I prefer you just mention the gamemode and the features on the specific server, but not the specific server itself :)

@james8470 Definitely good points, if we can come to a consensus about what to add specifically I'll add it to the current template

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I was wondering if it would be possible to pair it with a video review as well. Just have the written one as a transcript, basically.

Also, if we could add the little "Accepted" or "Denied" tags to the reviews but instead have it say like "Joke", since I really want to do a few joke reviews here.

Unless of course you only want legit reviews and not goofs and spoofs.

@Bone the longterm goal for the reviews would be ideal with a video as I want to make it content that people can actually watch! For now I didn't know who was good at articulating their thoughts in reviews which is why I left it pretty open ended. It will also of course depend on mic quality of the users who are really good at reviewing and possibly have 1 person do all the reviews but do it based on the people who wrote the reviews. It's up in the air for now, but I'm glad we're getting some discussion for it now!

@Bone the longterm goal for the reviews would be ideal with a video as I want to make it content that people can actually watch! For now I didn't know who was good at articulating their thoughts in reviews which is why I left it pretty open ended. It will also of course depend on mic quality of the users who are really good at reviewing and possibly have 1 person do all the reviews but do it based on the people who wrote the reviews. It's up in the air for now, but I'm glad we're getting some discussion for it now!

I'm working on two reviews, one for DOI and the other is the gmod gamemode of Breach, I plan on using videos to show gameplay of D-Class, Researcher, MTF, and a SCP