Spoopy

New Ghost System In Dr

Keep the new ghost system?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Keep the new ghost system?

This new ghost system is getting some mixed feeling so I created this.

My opinon is that they should get rid of it due to flying weapons (pans) spamming, voice chat symbols blocking my view, and lagging when they enter my body.

This new ghost system is getting some mixed feeling so I created this.

My opinon is that they should get rid of it due to flying weapons (pans) spamming, voice chat symbols blocking my view, and lagging when they enter my body.

@Bello It wasnt the ghost plugin that I thought it was, the one that I wanted was the one on our Slender Fortress server but im pretty sure thats hooked into the slender plugin. If there was any way we could get that part of the plugin into deathrun that would be what I was looking for. Right now weapons and canteens/voice are completely visible while the other one is completely invisible. This one should most definately be removed.

Also the players are able to tell the falling platform if ones a fake or not so they can explot in that way. Which makes the trap usless.

lol I just made a thread about the same time as you Spoopy, that is creepy. :eek:

and +1 for removal, I will copy/paste my reasons from my thread.

1. It lags. People are complaining about lag when other players ghosts are moving into their body and just lag in general which nobody had prior to this plugin being installed.

2. The weapons a player is holding does not become transparent upon death so its a huge distraction for the remaining players with all the flying weapons everywhere and its not very enjoyable.
  3. It's very buggy. With the ability to teleport around with it, it can cause visual bugs among other things.
  4. Open to abuse. Players can distract and cause disruptions for players still alive by standing in the way of traps, etc.
  5. Unfun. Its far more fun to be able to spectate the remaining players via the original mode rather than having to teleport around the map to find the remaining players and even then you can't follow them through doors, etc so its really not very fun to watch players completing the map once you have died. Not to mention I'm sure the player/s still alive would rather not be disrupted by 10-15 ghosts and a mass of flying weapons all around them.

Also the players are able to tell the falling platform if ones a fake or not so they can explot in that way. Which makes the trap usless.

This alone is my biggest issue with it. The floating weapons are annoying, but this downright lets people avoid traps if they coordinate between each other.

@Bello It wasnt the ghost plugin that I thought it was, the one that I wanted was the one on our Slender Fortress server but im pretty sure thats hooked into the slender plugin. If there was any way we could get that part of the plugin into deathrun that would be what I was looking for. Right now weapons and canteens/voice are completely visible while the other one is completely invisible. This one should most definately be removed.

[TF2] Ghost Mode Redux (v2.2 - 1/6/14) - AlliedModders

ill add this later and see if its any better

it has these features:

• Ghost model
  • Config menu
  • Invisible to alive players

Edited by Bello (see edit history)

it has these features:

• Ghost model
  • Config menu

this looks good especially being invisible to living players, I'll try it out later and get some opinions from others on how it holds up in terms of lag and playability.

I would like to see the "sm_ghostmode_flying" cvar enabled so it gives people the opportunity to observe the remaining players from various angles rather than just being stuck on the ground which is boring especially if you fall into water/lava and are trapped there.

id be cool if it could change

it has these features:

• Ghost model
  • Config menu

I changed it alreday.

Also, you are already cool, regardless of the plugin changing or not ;].

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

This alone is my biggest issue with it. The floating weapons are annoying, but this downright lets people avoid traps if they coordinate between each other.

The rules already say no ghosting. ;l

Edited by Guest (see edit history)