Aegean

Minecraft, What Next?

As you guys know, minecraft is quite dead with no one to look after it. We have plenty of resources on it, but as Pepper stepped down, and Supermaddud not available, we need people to help run it!

Before we find people though, we must know what does the community want in terms of minecraft? Do you want a minigames server, a towny server as it already is but just have active staff on it, what are your thoughts?

Everyone is welcome to comment, and if you are interested in running the division send me a private message via forums :)

Man this sounds like the minecraft server i used to work for too. I remember the name... Lazytown : owned by a drunk scottish man (like rejects but always drunk when he got on). Well if your server is dieing and you want people in it, then you want some crazy minecwaft youtuber to come in and advertise you server (never gunna happen) or just keep having people in the servers so people who check out this server on online websites can see there are people in. The problem is the people staying in. Like all tf2 server no random will join if there aren't people in the server so you need some regulars in there. As long as you have those regulars in Minecraft then you should slowly get populated by people (random 12 year old that wanna troll and raid mostly). Other than that, put a portal to creative so i can do some pixel art. I wouldn't mind doing pixel art in that server to keep it alive at least and bait some kids into the server.

I would like to volunteer to help run it. I have had experience on the backend of a minecraft server before so I should be fine helping with it alongside my *hopefully* moderation on TF2.

I feel that we should have like a hub as we do; except have teleporters to games like spleef, hunger games, mystery blocks, free build, battle arena, Jailbreak where you mine and sell ores working your way up. (Pretty sure it's called jailbreak... been a while since I played the game mode so it could be called something else)

Just having Towny doesn't seem really like a long lasting mode. I honestly was bored in the server after the first 30 minutes. You claimed a small plot, and just sat there until MAYBE someone came near you and you kill them. A variety would in my opinion be more successful.

But I would like to help run it if possible ^_^

I feel that we should have like a hub as we do; except have teleporters to games like spleef, hunger games, mystery blocks, free build, battle arena, Jailbreak where you mine and sell ores working your way up. (Pretty sure it's called jailbreak... been a while since I played the game mode so it could be called something else)

Just having Towny doesn't seem really like a long lasting mode. I honestly was bored in the server after the first 30 minutes. You claimed a small plot, and just sat there until MAYBE someone came near you and you kill them. A variety would in my opinion be more successful.

But I would like to help run it if possible ^_^

You need people to play it with. Myself and a few friends such as Vector, Wyverness (etc) have made an entire town and we love it.

I ran a minecraft server for a couple of years, and I'd like to see a "hub" server, but it is contains both long-term games (Towny/Factions/Creative) and mini games (Kit PvP) plus maybe some tournament games (HG, Bridges/Walls).

I have purchased the following plugins and would be happy to share them with xG:

ai.gyazo.com_b53ec3e75a8789da48b4f722bc077c1a.thumb.png.a5fd02175da26cac5ec0e827d9a6bed1.png

Now, here's why I suggested the set up afore mentioned, since we're just starting off in Minecraft and need players, the mini-games will provide quick fun and get people hooked with all the cool abilities and what-not, and the long-term games where there's always more to do will keep people playing after they've first become attached to the server via the mini-games.

If you want any help writing config files, building maps, or even writing some basic plugins don't hesitate to ask. (y)

I'll most likely set up applications in the staff submission area specifically for minecraft, and I'll let people apply there officially :) Thank you all for the current feedback, I'm reading them all and happy to read more!