CappyCappy

Computer Restarts On Graphically Demanding Games

Hey guys, recently my pc will suddenly restart(with no warning whatsoever) when playing graphically demanding games, and this usually happens during a graphically demanding loacation(bosses, particles, etc.) Does anyone know whats wrong?

1. I have stress tested my CPU up to 80C +, no restart, but Ill add some thermal paste tomorrow

2. My graphics cared is at a low temp

thx for any solutions.

EDIT 1: Did a GPU stress test of 99% and it was fine, but when I started a real game, it restarted after around 30 minutes.

Will try alternate psu and use new paste tomorrow

Edited by CappyCappy (see edit history)

99% it's a component overheating and your psu is turning your computer off. Make sure all temps are ok, dust your computer using compressed air, replace cooling paste, etc.

Hey guys, recently my pc will suddenly restart(with no warning whatsoever) when playing graphically demanding games, and this usually happens during a graphically demanding loacation(bosses, particles, etc.) Does anyone know whats wrong?

1. I have stress tested my CPU up to 80C +, no restart, but Ill add some thermal paste tomorrow

2. My graphics cared is at a low temp

thx for any solutions.

EDIT 1: Did a GPU stress test of 99% and it was fine, but when I started a real game, it restarted after around 30 minutes.

Will try alternate psu and use new paste tomorrow

Check to make sure your graphics card is plugged in and powered. Mine hasn't for about 5 years.

But seriously you might need a new one. How new/old is it?

Certainly sounds like overheating to me. If at all possible, keep an eye on your CPU temps while playing a demanding game. If it runs super hot then shuts down, then that's your issue.

Question though... What CPU and cooler are you using?

I have an AMD CPU, and it gets pretty hot. Even stress testing it and seeing how far it would go, it was fine. Nothing seemed wrong.

But my CPU would overheat on games like Overwatch, GTA V, etc.

Dust out your computer, like Virr had suggested. Dust build up doesn't help venting.

Check to make sure your graphics card is plugged in and powered. Mine hasn't for about 5 years.

But seriously you might need a new one. How new/old is it?

Literally 1 year old

XD

I think it might be ventilation issues as when I put it somewhere more open i

I have an AMD CPU, and it gets pretty hot. Even stress testing it and seeing how far it would go, it was fine. Nothing seemed wrong.

But my CPU would overheat on games like Overwatch, GTA V, etc.

Dust out your computer, like Virr had suggested. Dust build up doesn't help venting.

Certainly sounds like overheating to me. If at all possible, keep an eye on your CPU temps while playing a demanding game. If it runs super hot then shuts down, then that's your issue.

Question though... What CPU and cooler are you using?

Its really weird. When I put it on my desk it doesnt crash at all. Stress test both up to 70C + and doesnt crash.

There is such a thing as not running your games graphics settings all on high and ultra.

Set it to low, it looks like crap but you won't be disappointed.

There is such a thing as not running your games graphics settings all on high and ultra.

Set it to low, it looks like crap but you won't be disappointed.

I switched a PSU to date rn its working fine, will report back if broken

I switched a PSU to date rn its working fine, will report back if broken

Eh if it was your psu, theres a few options.

-Faulty psu

-Not a big enough psu for your cpu/gpu/etc, and it was force shutting down your pc when your video card was drawing more and more power, same thing would happen if your cpu got too hot, I believe the same for videocards..it may just shut down the game that's causing the overheating, don't remember.

Besides the point, if your gpu and cpu are getting that hot, I seriously recommend downloading MSI Afterburner, I keep mine around 40 degrees celcius while playing graphic heavy games, cpu temps normally don't get too high(It should just set an automatic curve to stay at 60). Just gonna recommend what everyone else did before, dust out your case, when you reapply thermal paste make sure it's all completely off of the motherboard socket before you reapply it, you don't want the old stuff with the new stuff. If you are able to, check out a new cpu cooler if it's getting that hot, a good price to performance cooler is the Hyper 212 Evo... (long name). I've heard some complaints about coil whine on it, main problem I have is how large it is, so you may need to see if your motherboard is big enough to where it wouldn't be covering RAM slots lol, never had any other problems with it, keeps it nice n cool.

But anyways, glad you got it solved, had nothing else to do so I posted this. :D

Edit--This might not make any sense, I'm tired and have no idea what I just typed

Edited by Guest (see edit history)