Bone

Calling All Deathrunners!

You're probably wondering why I've gathered you all here.... Or not.... Either way you can't leave now.

The purpose of this thread is simple, I've learned how to use Hammer to make Deathrun maps now I want to abuse that power for world dominance take advantage of it and make some neato maps for xG.

Here's a preview of a beta map I've got so far

The map is split between 3 sections. A Steamy pipe area, an underground sewer area, and an undecided area that will either be a boiler room or an assembly line, I dunno yet. This is just a beta, plus I want the rest to be a bit of a secret.

After I finish this barely adequate map, I wanted to have xG collab on a map. This way we'll have a completely original map for xG that no other server would have, made by the community.

Basically, we'll just need to come up with a theme, trap ideas, and minigame choices. If anyone wants to help on mapping, just lemme know. I will be taking care of the majority, if not all the work. But since I have a bit of a strange schedule at work, it could take a while for me to get it done.

Anyway... Just post your ideas here

Theme: Steampunk

Also if you can a thing like on dr_bank where if you go close to the activate button while being death it shows you where the trap goes.

Trap Ideas:

No chance traps please

No traps that have a long delay

Possibly a trap where it references rhodo or aegean

Minigames: Sweeper, Obstacle course(kinda like the jb ones), fight.

ill think up more stuff later

• add a stale meme trap

So, all of Trollrun? ;)

Also if you can a thing like on dr_bank where if you go close to the activate button while being death it shows you where the trap goes.

Not sure if I can, but I can try.

Trap Ideas:

No chance traps please

No traps that have a long delay

Possibly a trap where it references rhodo or aegean

Understandable, I too dislike those types of traps. I'll think about the reference traps.

Like thunder suggested the sweeper minigame

I'm actually adding this to the map I'm making now as well as the future map. It's a popular choice among players.

Anyway you could put an ice barrage spell/sound on the map for when an admin freezes people?

That would have to be added to the sm_freeze plugin, not the map. I could only add sounds triggered by something in the map, not through a command.

Although changing it on the plugin wouldn't be too hard...

cool, I've always wanted to get into map making but the learning curve puts me off especially with deathrun maps since they are more advanced than a normal map.

I propose there be a trap which has something to do with my magic wand.

also for the music could you look into some sonic adventure music for the map that would suit it?

I have an idea for a minigame/map where Sonic music would fit perfectly... I'll look into it.

I propose there be a trap which has something to do with my magic wand.

How's a trap where you have to avoid a floating batsaber like that one boss from Donkey Kong Country 2?

I agree with the steampunk-ish theme.

Traps:

1. The third trap in dr_blockv9 except of the picture being megaupload it should be links and the fbi thingy should be a giant sign of XG rules.

2. A JB meme.

3. A JB2 meme.

4. Please have a color (crush) game for the final.

5. Humiliation

And maybe a music room...please..

Also...will there be easter eggs 0w0