Kypari

Thumbnails Are Broken

Is it just the icon that is messed up or did the actual file change into something else? I would just make sure you have thumbnail previews turned on, it may have changed at some point in time, which is why it's showing that generic icon. If it was converted into something else I would just use the Snipping Tool that comes with windows and then select everything you need ---> save as a jpg.

Did a quick google search and found this..

"Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options. then click on VIEW and Restore Default .....NOT RESET FOLDERS!!! RESTORE DEFAULT!! I had the same problem and fix it :D"

If nothing else, I would just revert your computer back a little bit to before it started happening unless you just put stuff on it that you need to save, never had this happen so I'm not sure.

Hope this helps.

Is it just the icon that is messed up or did the actual file change into something else? I would just make sure you have thumbnail previews turned on, it may have changed at some point in time, which is why it's showing that generic icon. If it was converted into something else I would just use the Snipping Tool that comes with windows and then select everything you need ---> save as a jpg.

Did a quick google search and found this..

"Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options. then click on VIEW and Restore Default .....NOT RESET FOLDERS!!! RESTORE DEFAULT!! I had the same problem and fix it :D"

If nothing else, I would just revert your computer back a little bit to before it started happening unless you just put stuff on it that you need to save, never had this happen so I'm not sure.

Hope this helps.

Tried them both but they didn't work :C

Tried them both but they didn't work :C

Well, i'm honestly not sure. As long as you can access it that's good, normally with stuff like this it goes away by itself(from experience I've had). On my old computer I had it where everything I downloaded turned into a pdf, went away by itself, not too sure why, but never had icons just change out of nowhere. I guess my best explanation is that stuff like this happens on windows lol. Will try to do some more research, will get back to you when I get off work tonight or tomorrow morning. One more question, if you can't open it, can you provide a screenshot of the error it gives you? I'm guessing it's something to do with adobe or something like that.

Well, i'm honestly not sure. As long as you can access it that's good, normally with stuff like this it goes away by itself(from experience I've had). On my old computer I had it where everything I downloaded turned into a pdf, went away by itself, not too sure why, but never had icons just change out of nowhere. I guess my best explanation is that stuff like this happens on windows lol. Will try to do some more research, will get back to you when I get off work tonight or tomorrow morning. One more question, if you can't open it, can you provide a screenshot of the error it gives you? I'm guessing it's something to do with adobe or something like that.

It opens up the normal picture. Thanks for helping!

So something happened after I restarted my PC and it's working again! Thanks for helping!

You should be able to disable thumbnail previews completely, restart your computer and turn them back on. See if that works?

This probably worked? I'm not entirely sure. Thanks!