TheSupremePatriot

Identity:

STEAM_0:1:123793325

Position:

Administrator

Time Active:

2000+ Hours

Experience:

I have been moderating the Xeno Gamers Team Fortress 2 servers for about a year.

Donated:

Yes

Information:

Hello Xeno Gamers,

I have been moderating in the xG TF2 division for about a year now and it has been an amazing experience. I wish to continue the experience by furthering my responsibility and I feel that I am ready to take on this position.

I hope you will consider. :emoji_smile:

-TSP :emoji_smile_cat:

+1 I've known him since I first started tf2 and he has always been good staff member and a good example to others in the community as he adds to it and makes it more fun for everyone, and how he helps out new player. Should have gotten it sooner.

0 Has random moments of major inactivity. Is pretty good at staff but I have noticed in the past that your activity drops below 14 hours, not to mention some of the inactivity posts that you have made being very questionable to back you up. Finally, I have seen you idle a few times in the past and reported it to staff such as @Bello .

Love you man but I really feel like those things are holding you back. A few weeks or being active despite the past means I feel like you definitely deserve it a bit later so that those incidents in the past aren't as prevalent, so that's why I'm neutral for now. May change to +1 in the near future. :emoji_hearts:

-1 because of a serious issue with prioritizing offensive words/phrases. If I remember correctly, there were more than "a few" times when several people used racial slurs and you were unfazed about it until they screamed it down the microphone, and only then did you take action. Also the only staff member I know that is extremely critical about his personal policy of not allowing people to use the word retard/autist, which I'm pretty sure is allowed and nobody else enforces it. Could definitely get admin if you tried to fix this.

:thinking:

-1 because of a serious issue with prioritizing offensive words/phrases. If I remember correctly, there were more than "a few" times when several people used racial slurs and you were unfazed about it until they screamed it down the microphone, and only then did you take action. Also the only staff member I know that is extremely critical about his personal policy of not allowing people to use the word retard/autist, which I'm pretty sure is allowed and nobody else enforces it. Could definitely get admin if you tried to fix this.

Honestly the whole slur rule needs to be revisited because last time I checked the word "faggot" was allowed but some staff don't allow it. Needs clarification honestly because it's really confusing to players and staff.

I was told by Vexx that if the terms “retard and autistic” bother me, that I can ask them not to use it.. as I myself am autistic and I don’t like when people joke about it at all.

Some times I don’t hear people the first time. I will look into adjusting voice settings so that voices are at maximum so I can hear everything better.

I definitely will also work on these things.

Thank you for your feedback. :)

Honestly the whole slur rule needs to be revisited because last time I checked the word "faggot" was allowed but some staff don't allow it. Needs clarification honestly because it's really confusing to players and staff.

Honestly, all rules need to be revisited, re-worded, and reviewed on the servers. Especially since some haven't been updated in a while, and people are dinguses with loop-holing.

Now, on to the actual theme of the thread... I'm neutral for now.

Supreme, you've been here for a long time and have done a lot for the community, it's really commendable. Every now and then though, you kinda stray from the rules to enforce something that you personally don't approve of. Kind of in line of what @grap_grop said. Heck, you recently removed a guy's spray and told him not to use it again because you were bugged by it even though it was following rules. I know you're a good guy and mean well, I just feel like you might be a little sensitive at times.

Other than that, you're doing a good job. I'd like to see you move up within the ranks in the future, though, just perhaps not at this moment.

I was told by Vexx that if the terms “retard and autistic” bother me, that I can ask them not to use it.. as I myself am autistic and I don’t like when people joke about it at all.

Some times I don’t hear people the first time. I will look into adjusting voice settings so that voices are at maximum so I can hear everything better.

I definitely will also work on these things.

Thank you for your feedback. :emoji_smile:

Oh neat, do you have aspergers?

So do I ;)

And yea, I'd have to agree that terms like 'retarded' and 'autistic' plus others should fall under the racism whitelist, and here's why.

1) Calling someone one of these terms almost always is an overgeneralized definition of who they are as an individual. For example, if I were to call you autistic, I'd be defining your character under that singular condition, while neglecting to mention that @TheSupremePatriot is also very intelligent, helpful, experienced, and friendly of both a person and staff member. In addition, autistic, retorted, etc. almost always are used (although incorrectly) as synonyms for "idiot". People who are autistic, retarded, or whatever other box they're being forced into by the insensitive use such words AREN'T necessarily idiots.

I also don't like the overuse of "idiot" (often the person in question is NOT unintelligent, just uninformed) but I also don't care too much about it, since it's often used jokingly between friends. :p

2) Regardless of weather or not the person you're calling such words as 'retarded' or 'autistic' actually has one of these conditions, it still contributes to this societal belief that people who actually have such conditions are inherently stupid. Which is both extremely RUDE and WRONG.

3) And don't forget, this is the internet. People are going to say these things all the time, because they don't care about you, your race, or your conditions in the slightest, and they'll try to make you cry. That's what I love about xG, you can curse and joke around, but attacking someone personally is disallowed.

Maybe this should've been a new thread? With a poll to add:

"making fun of people for their conditions, or words such as 'retarded' or 'autistic' should be added to the racial slur (or whatever we call it) whitelist?"

In fact, in general, I think attacking someone personally is taking it to far (making fun of their disability, a culture, country).

Anyways, with that, I +1 this application!

Good luck, @TheSupremePatriot! You've been an excellent friend to me. (y)

A few things to clear up

"making fun of people for their conditions, or words such as 'retarded' or 'autistic' should be added to the racial slur (or whatever we call it) whitelist?"

1) I mistakingly said whitelist, I meant blacklist

2) I mean just add it to the "do-not-say" list or whatever. NOT the racial slur list as they're not racial slurs :P

Thanks to @Kypari for the info