Brian

Brian - Team Fortress 2

While mince is just grasping at things to make a flaming pile of shit, this is the 2nd time in very recent where TF2 staff has banned someone/wanted to ban someone for a long duration of time over something so small and so little that it boggles my mind.

Call me old but back in the day, this kind of name was common. It's literally a way of protesting that you don't like how staff are handling things. Does he ever specifically state "Kypari is a badmin because he sucks the poopy"? no, he just says "tired of the badmins". I literally don't even know where to start with this besides you all need to just chill out with your bans. There's no need to be a nazi over every single thing and hunt for reasons to give longer bans than remotely reasonable.

The guy literally comes on just to insult people and it's not just poking. He's in trouble for a reason.

He was on yesterday for 6 hours with Egossi and other members on TGH, are you telling me he went through the server only to insult people? Also, this whole thread is based on your conversation to brian asking him to name change, which he didn't, to which you asked Vexx for a month ban after. So what you're saying is also false since no one apparently had an issue with him that entire day, but according to you, all he does is come on just to insult people.

@Vexx

That is the words of players Aegean, Kypari is one of my staff. He knows what he's doing usually, and in the event sourcebans was working, he would've made the ban instead of me and nothing would have been changed. If I can't go on the word of my staff on the servers, how am I supposed to make an unbiased decision on most of what I am doing? I already said you were right, I should have gotten the other side of the story, but I will still in the end trust my admins with these sort of situations. [/Quote]

Then you should add it to the guide to clarify that staff is not considered a player in that context. Also, an unbiased decision would NOT be blindly following your staff, that is the exact definition of bias. I don't understand why you guys find investigating and improving how we do things so bad that this thread had to last over 5 pages. Do you know why despite me being staff on and off for 5ish years, have not had an admin abuse thread or ban protest that was controversial?

Oof. I could be a sassy Sally and quote a bunch of posts to reply to individual people, or bring up how I would have handled it. But I honestly don't have the time nor would that help, so I'll just say +1 for shortening or ban removal. Mistakes were clearly made and/or protocol was clearly goofed somewhere. Either way it seems like the people involved should just admit mistakes/apologize, and maybe we should take a closer look at some sort of "statute of limitations" for punishments that have been served in full/are years old.

The guy literally comes on just to insult people and it's not just poking. He's in trouble for a reason.

I think we all get that point, but the member of question himself probably didn't even know you were telling him anything. Banning someone for not reading chat on a server that the chat always goes fast is immature in my opinion, you didn't try anything else except saying it in chat over and over again. Sure he can get banned for harassing people, but the main reason of the ban and what you've been arguing against was his name.. if it was that much of a problem isn't there a /rename command or was that removed? Idk its been a while. If he was harassing other people constantly, MAKE SURE he knows people are telling him to stop, if he knew and he continued, then ban him for a day/week or something, but a month because his name was bugging you? Sounds pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Like has been said before, warn (make sure they understand the warning, or even saw it) ->kick(With reason included in message)->And THEN ban(With final conclusion on the matter). I always let the procedure stand for the day I first warned someone, if they did it again in the same day, then I would take a different course of action, then the next time however long after that I wouldn't be so lenient.. But two years later and you are still holding him to the fact that he was banned THAT LONG AGO? Seems a bit off to me, like you have some hard feelings against him that you let effect the ban even though staff are SUPPOSED to be unbiased, the way I take that is a staff member is not supposed to give someone more time on a ban just because you don't like someone. And that's what I'm getting from all of this, but ay.

He was on yesterday for 6 hours with Egossi and other members on TGH, are you telling me he went through the server only to insult people? Also, this whole thread is based on your conversation to brian asking him to name change, which he didn't, to which you asked Vexx for a month ban after. So what you're saying is also false since no one apparently had an issue with him that entire day, but according to you, all he does is come on just to insult people.

I'm pretty sure most TGH staff can back me up that he's toxic nearly every time he joins.

@Vexx @Sesh @Elcark @BonfireCentipede @Vector @Natsu and more.

I'm pretty sure most TGH staff can back me up that he's toxic nearly every time he joins.

@Vexx @Sesh @Elcark @BonfireCentipede @Vector @Natsu and more.

So you guys chose to never ban him those times that he's so toxic that you feel that's all he joins the servers for, but the time his name is "tired of tf2 badmins" was the tipping point for a month long ban? You've gotta be kidding me man.

It doesn't matter if someone was once a great staff member, they should still be punished like a normal user nonetheless. I'll agree that yeah, a bit of criticism isn't bad, but if your entire intention for being on is just to start a shitstorm with the current staff online, why have that user around? As has been stated many times, Brian has had a history of insulting users and staff and has been quite toxic as of late.

Based on your previous posts, you didn't really investigate this entire situation. You don't really know the history of Brian and it sounds like you are just going based off of what other people are telling you. The way Brian was *insulting* you was agreeably childish, however, it should not warrant a ban. I mentioned the fact he was a good staff member because it implies he should have some slack cut for him. You know, the same slack rejects was cut for abusing his powers. At this point it seems like you can't handle being wrong.

So basically I did investigate it.

[attach=full]31430[/attach]

Since you have failed to read all of my short, but important, thread responses I'll have to reiterate this for you. When you base a ban on someone's prior bans, then the substance of those bans matter. Meaning, bogus bans should not be considered. The majority of his previous bans are permanent, and also bogus. If you're going to be a staff member and leave input on a ban appeal then you must put in careful scrutiny into your actions on the appeal. You have failed to do that.

Since you have failed to read all of my short, but important, thread responses I'll have to reiterate this for you. When you base a ban on someone's prior bans, then the substance of those bans matter. Meaning, bogus bans should not be considered. The majority of his previous bans are permanent, and also bogus. If you're going to be a staff member and leave input on a ban appeal then you must put in careful scrutiny into your actions on the appeal. You have failed to do that.

The most recent ban was a week. TF2 higherups are agreeing that a month was justified since he had already had a week ban. I get where you're coming from though.

The most recent ban was a week. TF2 higherups are agreeing that a month was justified since he had already had a week ban. I get where you're coming from though.

Two years ago. For an instance I don't even remember.

The most recent ban was two years ago. Based off of this thread, the tf2 higherups have showed zero scrutiny whilst dealing with this case. Vexx agrees with me, and your posts verify my statement. You don't get where I am "coming from" if you believe an offence from two years ago should be carried over for somebody making their name "admins are badmins."