Thorax_

What is your Job?

Have a job? What do you do? What do you like about it? How long have you worked? Would you recommend working there to anyone in xG?

At the moment I am in the process of applying to work with Amazon Fulfillment.

Details not available yet obviously xD

I work at a lowes whole foods during the summer. My job is to restock shelfves, mop the floors, and talk to the endless amount of elderly that come in. So if you are into old people and doing nothing for 7 hours straight for the most part then come here.

I work in a kitchen and have for two years.

Would I recommend it? Do you wanna work hard as fuck for a little bit of money? Than yes

I'm right there with you friendo. almost 4 years now, in a kitcheroni. but i love it.

I'm right there with you friendo. almost 4 years now, in a kitcheroni. but i love it.

Make that another. Not nearly as long as you two but it's the only legit work ive done so far. Fucking stressful.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I hate to admit it, but I work overnight at Walmart. In fact, I'm posting this from work. Been here for over a year now.

So what do I do? You ever go in and notice the shelves and everything on the shelves moved? That's me.

It's kinda stressful since I'm basically an owl and am the only one on my team under 70... I don't plan on staying for much longer though, since I'm starting school soon to become an HVAC Technician.

I picked up elderly care during the summer to keep myself occupied and to make some money, and honestly, it's probably the best decision I've made this year.

Basically, you help people to enable them to function as normally as possible. It ranges from really simple things such as helping them get up in the mornings, showering, toilet visits, to dressing wounds and administrating medicine. It's stressful at times as you do have a schedule to follow, but it varies from day to day. Overall, it's an incredibly eye opening experience that has made me grown a lot as a person and taught me to appreciate the smaller things we take for granted.

If i recommend it? Lets just say I'm currently doubting if me majoring in computer science is the right choice for me. :p

Edited by virr (see edit history)

I live in my bedroom full time except during marching season.

But for real as of this post I have no job and in year 11 of school (or a junior for American folk like me). I know what I want to pursue in life and in college. Job wise, I have no idea were I want to work. My friend works at a local Jewel Osco and he might hook me up.

I'm the dispatcher working at the museum of aviation and space here selling tours on 1939/1940 biplanes, and also 1970 - 1979 cessna's. I take people's money, answer questions in person or phone, communicate with the official tourist organisers of my city for any VIP's who want to fly, and flight follow any flights I do while ensuring the passengers aren't too fat.

It's my 4th year here, great job for the summer, but definitely looking forward to moving to cali next year working for my dad's friend's software company.

Edited by Aegean (see edit history)

I'm the dispatcher working at the museum of aviation and space here selling tours on 1939/1940 biplanes, and also 1970 - 1979 cessna's. I take people's money, answer questions in person or phone, communicate with the official tourist organisers of my city for any VIP's who want to fly, and flight follow any flights I do while ensuring the passengers aren't too fat.

It's my 4th year here, great job for the summer, but definitely looking forward to moving to cali next year working for my dad's friend's software company.

Entry level? or no

Work indirectly for EA as a contractor (working for VMC). Long-story short, I'm a Game Tester (QA); though it is actually a lot more demanding than it sounds. Honestly, for an Entry level position, it has a lot of perks and is really worth all of the time and effort; not to mention you work full-time right off the bat (5 days a week, 9 AM to 5:30 PM). And with the experience you gain, it also greatly increases your chances of being hired directly under EA while fleshing out your resume. My only grievance is the pay, but I imagine I would be saying the same thing if I were working anywhere else.

Pros:

- Stable position depending on the team you are on

- Access to an on-site outdoor Soccer pitch, Volleyball court (sand), Basketball/Hockey court

- Access to an indoor Gym (work-out area)

- Permitted to bring your dog into work to keep at your desk all day, every day

- Access to several areas with free arcade game setups

- Numerous areas to gain experience in to build up your resume

- If you're egotistic, your name in the Credits of whatever title you are working on (Triple-A titles like Battlefront, FIFA, etc.)

Cons:

- Low income, comes with the Entry level position

- Access to aforementioned areas requires a monthly subscription

Been working there around 3 years now, and I can definitely see myself making a career out of this field of work. Hoping to work full-time directly under EA though!

Work indirectly for EA as a contractor (working for VMC). Long-story short, I'm a Game Tester (QA); though it is actually a lot more demanding than it sounds. Honestly, for an Entry level position, it has a lot of perks and is really worth all of the time and effort; not to mention you work full-time right off the bat (5 days a week, 9 AM to 5:30 PM). And with the experience you gain, it also greatly increases your chances of being hired directly under EA while fleshing out your resume. My only grievance is the pay, but I imagine I would be saying the same thing if I were working anywhere else.

Pros:

- Stable position depending on the team you are on

- Access to an on-site outdoor Soccer pitch, Volleyball court (sand), Basketball/Hockey court

- Access to an indoor Gym (work-out area)

- Permitted to bring your dog into work to keep at your desk all day, every day

- Access to several areas with free arcade game setups

- Numerous areas to gain experience in to build up your resume

- If you're egotistic, your name in the Credits of whatever title you are working on (Triple-A titles like Battlefront, FIFA, etc.)

Cons:

- Low income, comes with the Entry level position

- Access to aforementioned areas requires a monthly subscription

Been working there around 3 years now, and I can definitely see myself making a career out of this field of work. Hoping to work full-time directly under EA though!

damn im jealous. sounds nice. you get to test all the games and franchises EA will ruin before the public sees it happen.