Team Fortress 2

In-Game Name:

Mr.Cinder

Identity:

[sTEAM_0:1:96110270]

Ban Type:

Server Ban

Information:

I got banned for a full week for singing the start of the Simpsons for like 5 seconds I got muted for 30 minute but after that like 7 minutes later I got banned for a week when I was muted it was really strange to me because I didn't know I could be banned for "mic spamming" while I'm muted and I never got banned previously for a day for "mic spamming" so its kind of weird that I just skip the one day ban and go to a week without any warning, I don't except this to get me unbanned but I hope its shortens it.

Xeno Gamers Ban History

You've been warned and muted a few times for similar things:

Xeno Gamers

ai.imgur.com_ttFq8w2.thumb.png.aa6dfd732cd2cc0067ee7fced4be30ea.png

There were no objections in admin chat so I just went through with it.

The reason why I muted you first was because I didn't know if you had a ban history or not, so I decided to just go straight ahead and ban you unless other staff had any issues with it after I saw your ban history. I definitely warned you before and @TheSupremePatriot can definitely testify that too.

I didn't know I could be banned for "mic spamming" while I'm muted and I never got banned previously for a day for "mic spamming" so its kind of weird that I just skip the one day ban and go to a week without any warning.

You have been on the server long enough to know that Mic-Spamming is against the rules.

Any multiple-offenses of rule breaking of any rule can eventually result in a ban.

If you continue to break the same rule(s) after you have been banned, the punishments escalate and telling by how many bans and mutes you have received, you aren’t taking into account your wrong doings.

-1 I feel the punishment is currently justified.

Until you get unbanned, I highly encourage you to check out the links below as they contain the rules for our server(s).

General Community Rules : General Server And Community Rules

General TF2 Rules : Tf2 General Motd

TF2 Surf Rules : Tf2 Surf Rules | Xeno Gamers

I'm sorry I didn't realise I ever got banned for mic spamming before I should of looked into that its my fault after my ban expires I will try to not spam I just don't notice it when I do it, sorry.

I'm sorry I didn't realise I ever got banned for mic spamming before I should of looked into that its my fault after my ban expires I will try to not spam I just don't notice it when I do it, sorry.

If you get banned, you obviously did something wrong.

Doesn’t matter if it was mic-spamming really... You broke multiple rules in general. It does add up as it shows you don’t care about the server rules and will just do what you want.

-1 from me. The ban seems totally justified. If you can't take the time to read the rules, thats your fault. Next time, please read them before going on to the servers.

I never got banned previously for a day for "mic spamming" so its kind of weird that I just skip the one day ban and go to a week without any warning, I don't except this to get me unbanned but I hope its shortens it.

Xeno Gamers

Once again, Player(s) being banned with excessive ban times when a day-ban for the same rules broken never previously occurred on the Player's record. Not going to provide a vouch, but Higher-Ups need to clarify on whether this is how ban times should be stacking or not.

With that said, would also like to recommend a new set of punishments to deal with Chat and Mic spam for Servers that have this feature; ideally revoking the user's Chat/Mic privileges via Comms ban for a pre-determined amount of time depending on the severity of the case before escalating to a Server ban.

Xeno Gamers

Once again, Player(s) being banned with excessive ban times when a day-ban for the same rules broken never previously occurred on the Player's record. Not going to provide a vouch, but Higher-Ups need to clarify on whether this is how ban times should be stacking or not.

Would be nice to be re-clarified. I'm having doubts myself whether I'm doing things right sometimes. I personally feel that nearly all rules should be linked when it comes to ban times so that someone doesn't come on the server and break multiple different rules and being banned for an hour multiple times and to avoid confusion amongst staff.

With that said, would also like to recommend a new set of punishments to deal with Chat and Mic spam for Servers that have this feature; ideally revoking the user's Chat/Mic privileges via Comms ban for a pre-determined amount of time depending on the severity of the case before escalating to a Server ban.

I agree with this! If someone is micspamming it would make a lot more sense to do:

Warn -> 30 mins mute -> 60 mins mute -> Day mute -> Week Mute -> Month Mute -> Perm mute

Or something along the lines of that.

Considering the ban is almost over anyway, I'd say we unban. @Bello, @mrnutty12, @Sesh thoughts?

I mean I've encountered a whole bunch of problems in the past with this person. He micspams quite often and there were a few incidents where he was arguing with @BonfireCentipede and myself on the server. Should really wait out the rest of his ban in my opinion because of this. I don't dislike the guy at all but I do feel like he shouldn't be let off since he does cause issues.