Division:

Team Fortress 2

In-Game Name:

Bootymiester

Identity:

Ban Type:

Server Ban

Information:

I don't know how I'm aimbotting. I came back to this game after a few years of off-time and I've been banned from multiple servers for "aimbot". Sure, I've cheated in the past and was swiftly dealt justice, but the past is the past. I played CS for a bit so that might have an impact on my aim. Only reason why my hours are low is because I've never played on this particular account. All I wanted was to come on the server, have a nice time and I get punished for it? If it's any help what-so-ever, a demo would be nice to have to see my aim, but I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the admin that banned me never thought of recording a demo, and just brought the ban hammer down on me. Even many people on the servers can attest to my skill, apparently. I've done it more than once on the server, even with another admin on, and I was never even considered for cheating. So I don't know why this particular admin just bans me on the spot.

I see nothing that looks like aimbotting, just incredibly good (if very sketchy) sniper work. That being said, you very much did admit to using an exploit with the record;stop function of demos to allow you to see cloaked spies momentarily, which would absolutely be against the rules. ai.imgur.com_0BKLd1f.thumb.png.b8f827f306b6ca1011fdb975095ad60b.png

Player Chat History | Xeno Gamers Full chat history for anyone curious to read.

I will admit I'm not sure that doing such would call for a permanent ban without warning. Well what punishment would be dealt for exploiting or glitching would vary based on what one is doing, from glitching damage through a broken map wall, to tampering with plugins to ruin the server, I feel a shorter ban would have been more fitting for this particular situation.

I'll leave it to others to determine if such a length of a ban would be appropriate here, but as it stands I will give a +1 for a unban here.

On a different note, @sigterm I will give you one more warning out of courtesy right now that under the assumption you do get unbanned, if I see you with that objector even once I will be jumping straight to banning you again for using it.

Disclosure: before saying what I have to say, just going to make a note that I did not view the demo attached so I will be basing this off of what Elcark said.

First things first, if it's true that the Player was banned for aimbotting and the demo doesn't provide clear or accurate support for the accusation, then the permanent ban should be rendered null.

As for the validity of the aforementioned 'exploit', @sigterm regardless of the fact that the "record;stop" function is an expected outcome introduced by Valve, utilizing it in a way that is outside of its intended use to create an unfair advantage for yourself is definitely exploiting/cheating and is thereby against our General Server rules; however, I do not believe that this constitutes a permanent ban (nor should the fact that the Player was accused of 'aimbotting' be used as any sort of leverage).

With that said, based on the fact that: 1) we do not necessarily issue bans based on exploits/cheating (written in writing) and 2) the Player was not warned [assumption] prior to this ban not to abuse the exploit/cheat, I would suggest that the Player be unbanned with this thread serving as their first [and final] warning (given the nature of the situation) to not abuse this exploit/cheat on our Servers again.

Now, I don't want to call anybody out, but for future reference; it should not take a few days for a verdict to be reached in regards to a Ban that was [possibly] wrongly dealt. It should also not take a few days for a Higher-Up to follow up on this thread. Last but not least, the Player posting the Ban Protest should not have to be the one to bump the thread for a verdict.

I watched the demo a couple times and i don't see any instances where i can with unreasonable doubt say that the person is hacking. Since this thread has been around for a while, and no one bothered to respind for some reason, I'm going to go ahead and unban you.

However, @sigterm, I would advice against encouraging people to exploit or do so youself, as it is very much against our rules. This will get you in trouble in the future if it happens repeatedly.

I'm terribly sorry for this taking as long as it did, It shouldn't be happening. Player has been unbanned.

~closed