Tekage [xG:A] - Team Fortress 2

Division:

Team Fortress 2

Staff Name:

Tekage [xG:A]

Staff's Identity:

STEAM_0:0:72438856

Evidence:

The logs may say i was muted, And you can just join the server when joshlink is on and see the toxicity that he does consistently.

Further Information:

I was on the XG team fortress 2 server and i was having a dispute with another player, countering to a fair amount of toxicity. The Tekage joined in and started telling me to mute him if i didn't like him, I did not however want to mute him and when i said im allowed to complain about players i was muted for 30 mins. The unjust part about it was the player i was having the dispute with has done the same amount of disrespect constantly just about every day on the server , and constantly complains about other players, irritates everyone, and Makes everyone generally angry. I hope this gets resolved, and that one player doesn't get punished instead of the other for the exact same thing.

1.) Do you have proof that this was actually abuse? Because I looked at your chat logs and the mute and I wouldn't disagree. You are quite the disrespectful person on the servers constantly telling people to "shut the fuck up" or one of my personal favorites "fuck off!" Here is your chat history

I would very much like to see a recording and hear @Tekage's side of the story.

Btw Tekage is right, if you're being a child and arguing with someone, you should just fucking BLOCK THEM. If you do not like the way Joshlink acts on the servers block him and/or compile evidence of his toxicity and make a ban request.

TF2 implemented a communication blocking system just for this type of situation, it’s not our fault you chose to not utilize it.

Complaining about things that you are easily able to solve yourself is not something to do.

Especially if you were complaining in an annoying manner to the point where you had to be muted or gagged, then @Tekage had every right to do that.

And telling by your own behavior, you don’t seem to be any better than the person whom was annoying you.

-1 action taken was justified.

Ps. If you know a player is consistently being annoying and/or a rule breaker, instead of complaining, why not try to do something about it like talking to a staff member in private or calling an admin when the user is acting up.

This whole situation could have been avoided if you handled the problem better.

Simple as that.

-1 After seeing the logs tatost lovingly provided I agree that it was justified for a mute. Normally I wouldn't encourage people relying on in game mutes instead of just asking a staff member, but in this case it seems you're more than equal in the toxicity. As far as equal treatment goes there is likely a good reason Josh wasn't muted and you were. Unfortunately I also see the mute as justified as it creates an unhealthy environment for the server. Thank you for voicing your opinion though.

-1 After seeing the logs tatost lovingly provided I agree that it was justified for a mute. Normally I wouldn't encourage people relying on in game mutes instead of just asking a staff member, but in this case it seems you're more than equal in the toxicity. As far as equal treatment goes there is likely a good reason Josh wasn't muted and you were. Unfortunately I also see the mute as justified as it creates an unhealthy environment for the server. Thank you for voicing your opinion though.

Let us take into consideration that I provided text chat logs while he was muted (implying voice chat ban), it was just to use as an example proving that the guy was being disrespectful and toxic. I am not exactly sure on what comrade was saying on the mic, but it would not surprise me in the least if he was also being just as rude over mic.

Usually when making a report it's best to get evidence before reporting. Even though you may think your mute is unjust we cannot do anything unless evidence of abuse is provided. In the future I would really recommend simply just muting a player who is annoying you, arguing will most likely end up having you muted by one of the staff members.

Due to the lack of evidence against the staff member, I'm going to close this. If anyone feels like there's more to be said, feel free to re-open.

-Closed