Thorax_

Xeno Gamers Facebook Changes 2018 (Community Polls)

Xeno Gamers

Facebook Update 2018

? Screenshot of the Month ?

? The prize has been set to φ5,000 Forum Credits!

Facebook Cover-Photo Contest

We are in need of Facebook Cover-Photo Submissions, If you would like to contribute please refer to the
thread. Those who contribute will receive φ1,000 forum credits and if your image is used you will receive φ10,000 additional forum credits!

? Community Polls

[MEDIA=strawpoll]14523029[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=strawpoll]14523013[/MEDIA]

*Polls may not be accessible on mobile devices.

ℹ️ If you have any suggestions for the Facebook page, please leave feedback below or send me a private message!

qr-code-2-2.png.4f24ca8f29ffb1c008610f1cdc651406.png

Scan QR Code to visit Xeno Gamers Facebook Page!

Edited by TheSupremePatriot (see edit history)

I wouldn't advise "Guess The Song" if you're just going to put lyrics; you can literally just google them and the song will come up.

NOT EVERY SONG NECESSARILY HAS LYRICS!!!!!! Just because you listen to metal doesn't mean you're right !!! :mad:

I wouldn't advise "Guess The Song" if you're just going to put lyrics; you can literally just google them and the song will come up.

It would probably be instrumental versions.

It’s just ideas. ;)

Please keep in mind that Xeno Gamers is a community supported by Advertisements, Donations as well as Credit Purchases.

The current prize amount is $5.00 in Forum Credits. This is a lot for winning a screenshot contest in my opinion and it is 3x more than it was previously.

The Minecraft Build of the Month prize will be about $10.00 - $17.00 in Forum Credits because you are actually doing something that takes effort and not just taking a simple screenshot.

Once in a while, a very large prize would be fine but I refuse to make large prizes a permanent or reoccurring thing as it not only would hurt Xeno Gamers from gaining funds, but also decrease the value and novelty of Forum Credits.

@Aegean @Rhododendron

What do you think?

@TheSupremePatriot When rhodo is done with school I'll spend some time with him and talk about what we are willing to give away, I'm fine with providing money prizes instead of just credits in the future, and I know he will agree as well. We can also increase the amount of credits if people would be more willing to participate.

@TheSupremePatriot When rhodo is done with school I'll spend some time with him and talk about what we are willing to give away, I'm fine with providing money prizes instead of just credits in the future, and I know he will agree as well. We can also increase the amount of credits if people would be more willing to participate.

I am not sure if you mean real life currency or something, but I disagree that money prizes are a good idea, even at a small amount. I believe that it is better to give something away that you can "mass produce" for lack of a better term. Money can be spent on the servers instead of giving them away in attractions like screenshot of the month. I can get it if you are making giveaways for members to influence people to join, but paying people for doing so little as taking a screenshot seems like a very poor idea.

Could you possibly provide some justification as to why money prizes would be more beneficial for the servers than just giving away credits? Maybe even the amount of prize money you were thinking of?

No, I mean’t that 5,000 Credits costs $5.00 in the credit shop.

In no way shape or form will I support real currency being a prize for any of these contests I run. Credits and other prizes are the only kind of acceptable prize.

I just set these limits as I don’t wish to make the value of credits depreciate, however my cap will be up to @Aegean and @Rhododendron.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I am not sure if you mean real life currency or something, but I disagree that money prizes are a good idea, even at a small amount. I believe that it is better to give something away that you can "mass produce" for lack of a better term. Money can be spent on the servers instead of giving them away in attractions like screenshot of the month. I can get it if you are making giveaways for members to influence people to join, but paying people for doing so little as taking a screenshot seems like a very poor idea.

Could you possibly provide some justification as to why money prizes would be more beneficial for the servers than just giving away credits? Maybe even the amount of prize money you were thinking of?

Money prizes was badly worded, I meant more as "x dollar steam game, x money RP card" etc, and this was IF there wasn't enough interest in the contests as it currently is

Money prizes was badly worded, I meant more as "x dollar steam game, x money RP card" etc, and this was IF there wasn't enough interest in the contests as it currently is

Ah okay, that makes more sense.