Vaporeon

Remove Mascc

Remove trade_mascc_d2  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Remove trade_mascc_d2

• Yes
    • No

1. It has nothing to do with gaming.

2. It's a trade_plaza clone, where the spawns are right next to eachother.

3. Noclip room which is abusable to the point where you can lock both teams in their spawns.

4. The server that the map was created for has requested that it not be used elsewhere.

1. It has nothing to do with gaming.

Two areas of the map are related to gaming, a really small Minecraft part, and a Mario Kart area.

2. It's a trade_plaza clone, where the spawns are right next to eachother.

I don't necessarily understand how this is a problem, there are plenty of maps with the spawns "right next to eachother"

3. Noclip room which is abusable to the point where you can lock both teams in their spawns.

Abusing this room is already against the rules, as it allows normal users to exploit the map in a way that is not intended for them.

4. The server that the map was created for has requested that it not be used elsewhere.

@Aegean got specific permission from the MassCC owner to use the MassCC map, as long as it is an older version of the map and not their current version.

Yo, so I know some people wanted to move this map to general trade instead of just removing it entirely, make no mistake, moving it to general trade and just removing it period are the exact same thing, nobody plays general trade.

On a related note, the map is fucking awful, both spawns coddle snipers to the extreme, between them there's almost no breaks in the sightlines, snipers see everything without even having to move out of their protected area. The minigames are basically only usable when someone with sufficient powers is on (and also willing to waste their time so you can stand around and play bingo or whatever). The map barely reaches the "gaming history" requirement by having a "mario kart" area made out of regular hammer assets that nobody ever goes to, because it would require not being killed by one of the twelve snipers as you walk directly through their spawn-sightline. I haven't even seen the "minecraft" part of this map but I'll take Vexx's word that it exists and is pretty small. Other than that there's a tiny fucking house that both teams race to get to before the round starts, then one singular person makes it in, locks the door, and everyone else just stands around typing rtd to try and make it in said house for the rest of the game.

"Fun"

Idk what the map is, but if you look at the one that has the giant windwaker ship in the port, it basically does everything this map tries to do as a trade map but better. In terms of both a regular map and a trade map masscc sucks pretty hard.

Eh, it's cool to screw around on, at least.

And trying to invade the shack is always fun.

And it, uh... Has sharks and minnows...

Um...

I think it is really fun to play on. Going off of what Vexx said, it does have parts related to gaming in it. We have a rule not to abuse the noclip room. People enjoy playing on it. It has those little mini games in that one area which i find fun to play in.

. It has those little mini games in that one area which i find fun to play in.

Except for the fact that like no one ever really uses them unless a staff member/uber donator purposefully goes through the effort of starting them up since only they can do it

Edited by Guest (see edit history)