Ms.Spooks

Shittalking in TGH.

I feel like this is something that needs to be said because it's happening way too often.

A joke is only funny if everyone is laughing. There is a lot of times when people are being quite rude or intentionally trying to make certain people angry. Unfortunately the jokes have gone from the occasional playful teasing to outright making fun of certain players.

Now I'm not going to tell you that you can't shit talk each other all together. Sometimes it's in good intent as long as both parties are content about it. It's been getting out of hand recently though. It's gotten to the point where multiple people start bandwagoning against one person even though they don't like it. So to get to the point, I want to write this reminder that disrespect is NOT allowed on the servers. When someone asks you to stop or is clearly getting upset please do not continue to heckle them. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants a friendly environment for everyone. I would like it if you all would consider how you effect everyone else on the server so noone feels alienated. I'm not trying to say you need to be on good terms with everyone. All I ask is that the playful shittalking is consensual or at least acceptable.

I hope we all can keep enjoying the server!

I totally agree with you spooks, not just tgh but surf and pkmn trade as well became toxic recently but regardless we should try to knock things down a notch and be positive and not be so negative/toxic over petty things. Even yesterday a certain person on tgh was literally trying annoy me because I commented about one thing.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I may go on a bit of a rant here so feel free to disregard this as the ramblings of a madman.

When it comes to how people are on the servers, some people seem to forget how their own attitudes affect everyone else. Our members and regulars form the backbone of this clan and it's servers. As such, they are the people new comers look up to as the posters boys (and girls) of sorts of the place. Because of this it is the behavior of our more prominent members on the servers that is seen as the norm to everyone else, which leads to them interpreting that however they act is the way to be around here. So when people are "shittalking" and often acting unfriendly or even flat out rude, it only encourages everyone else to do the same.

It is rather irritating to see people behave in such a careless mannerism themselves but quickly jump on anyone seen as less prominent when they act in the same way.

As a community, we set the example of how to interact on the servers.

As a community, we are responsible for improving our own act if we want the greater population to improve as well.

tldr if people want the servers to start having more positive attitudes about them then they need to take initiative to have more positive attitudes on the servers themselves.

Agreed, I've always thought that there is a difference between expressing your genuine opinion of something that you seriously believe in. Then there's being toxic because you think the way certain people react to it is funny. The latter is just purely fun at other people's expense, and that is not ok. In most cases, if fun is to be had, then all the parties involved should think it's fun.

Edited by DiaperHyperWolf (see edit history)