Thorax_

Nintendo Switch Accessories

Question

9 answers to this question

Get 2 additional joycon, and an extra gamepad holder thingermajigger. https://www.amazon.com/Joy-Comfort-Grip-Nintendo-Switch-Black/dp/B01MS7YUA7/ref=sr_1_11?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1521755658&sr=1-11&keywords=nintendo%2Bswitch%2Baccessories&th=1

other than that, a charging dock is nice but not needed. for when you play 4player all the time and need to charge all 4 controllers it is nice to have it and 2 on switch otherwise when you switch between 2/4 player and solo you can just plug the unused into switch. assuming you use tv mode.

These are on my personal wishlist: Joy-Con Grips

Especially good if you have larger than small hands and use one Joy-Con to play multiplayer

I have no specific links for this, but a screen protector should be like the first thing you buy for it

18 hours ago, Bone said:

I have no specific links for this, but a screen protector should be like the first thing you buy for it

https://www.amazon.com/Density-Adhesive-Weather-Stripping-Insulation/dp/B06XCK65QM
or any alternative [installed within the dock itself] is an absolute must from what I've seen/read, unless you fancy having a scratched to hell screen. Not sure what thickness is suited best, so you may have to look into that.

Make sure you grab a pretty sizable SD Card too if you plan on having multiple games, external storage is another must for it. 

Last but not least, if you plan on utilizing the portability of it, I would strongly recommend grabbing an external battery pack for it since it gobbles up energy like a madman

@Forest thats adhesive weather strips, I don’t know how that could protect my screen?

Thanks for all the suggestions, ?

I definitely will check them all out!

4 hours ago, TheSupremePatriot said:

@Forest thats adhesive weather strips, I don’t know how that could protect my screen

the dock for you to play on tv is made to easily pop the switch in and out, but the only part that actually connects is the ports on bottom of switch so while it wobbles around in there when you put in/take out the screen can grind up on the plastic dock in front of it. he is saying to place those inside the dock when switch isn't there to provide a foam support that helps stop the screen from scratching up on the plastic when you put in and pull out.

On 3/24/2018 at 5:19 PM, Chrono said:

the dock for you to play on tv is made to easily pop the switch in and out, but the only part that actually connects is the ports on bottom of switch so while it wobbles around in there when you put in/take out the screen can grind up on the plastic dock in front of it. he is saying to place those inside the dock when switch isn't there to provide a foam support that helps stop the screen from scratching up on the plastic when you put in and pull out.

^

On an unrelated note to that- I also recently read an article that data-miners pulled some info that there may be a new hardware listing for the Switch at some point (bumped up Processor + RAM); however, Nintendo did state that they were not planning on launching new hardware in 2018. With that said, they may have just been referring to brand spankin' new hardware and not something along the lines of what they did with their DS line-up.

If this is credible, may be a good idea to wait until the next batch unless you're keen on hacking the console or something