Kypari

Remove trade_pso_seabed_v2 from TGH

There are a few maps that are strongly frowned upon on the servers, one of them being trade_pso_seabed_v2. While I understand that everyone has their own opinions on everything, this map is just all in all disliked on a widespread scale. It is just hallway upon hallway to the point of being unable to find anyone at all and doesn't capture that exploring aspect that Hyrule does as it is literally only hallways. I would personally like to see it removed and I would like to see what other people think ^^

https://www.strawpoll.me/15351910

Seabed takes the bad of bunker and amplifies it by 10 times. It takes forever to find anyone, low ceilings, and just kinda boring to play on. +1

-1 bunker 2.0 must stay. 

No but really feel free to remove it, but I can't in good conscious vote to remove it when there's nothing mechanically wrong and it has better optimization than some other maps. 

Also people barely ever rtv to it so just having the option doesn't really hurt.

+1 I don't really mind the map layout, but I don't think it's really good, either. The part about the map that really bugs me is the music. Imo, it's a bit too loud and gets obnoxiously repetitive after 30 minutes. The majority of people that I've run into only go to seabed as a meme or if they do not know what it is. And upon arrival, most players say things like: "oh, this map" or "I hate this map. Why did we go here?" 

-1 not just cause I personally enjoy the map from time to time but because this is far from the bottom of the barrel in terms of disliked maps on tgh that should be removed due to poor popularity (remove darktower when?) or poor map quality (fucking mmm). Most people I hear comment when we go there exclaim it as a more appealing iteration of bunker due to the aesthetics of the map and while I could go into my thoughts on the vocal minority ruling these kinds of votes it doesn't make much of a difference as people will always be much louder about what they dislike then what they do and that will heavily influence decisions. 

There are two issues the map does suffer from being the music (Which I swear hasn't been as loud as before lately? No idea there) and if there was a way to disable that then a number of complaints would vanish instantly. The other being the obvious issues with interaction between players due to the large map size but this only comes into play when there are less people on the server. It's not unheard of for a map quality to fluctuate as the population waxes and wanes taking cyberpunk 2_2 into consideration which seems to have a level of enjoyment that decrease as the serve population grows due to how small and cluttered the map is, and also taking bunker into example again which similarly to seabed becomes better with more people and just a snooze fest with less. 

All in all I think there's a great number of maps that are far more worth removing and over all less enjoyed by the majority populace but they are forgotten about due to the lack of the server actually going to them as often as we go to seabed (again, because people actually enjoy going to seabed enough to rtv going there as opposed to these other maps).

Vexx already stated he's not going to take strawpoll ballots into account as they can easily be manipulated with a vpn and allow for a single person to vote infinitely. I'm not familiar with the new forums and whether integrated polls are still a thing, but if they are, I'd suggest your scrap the thread and make a new one. @Kypari

tagging Vexx for confirmation @Vexx

53 minutes ago, Blizzard said:

Vexx already stated he's not going to take strawpoll ballots into account as they can easily be manipulated with a vpn and allow for a single person to vote infinitely. I'm not familiar with the new forums and whether integrated polls are still a thing, but if they are, I'd suggest your scrap the thread and make a new one. @Kypari

tagging Vexx for confirmation @Vexx

Yeah I am aware he told me ^^ Just waiting for confirmation from virr whether votes are available on the forums yet ^^

But yeah feel free to close this and I'll see to making one later possibly! @Vexx@mrnutty12@virr@Elcark@Vargas

Edited by Kypari (see edit history)

1 hour ago, virr said:

tuN32hw.png

do you guys not have this?? @Kypari

No we do I just saw it but I had already made a strawpoll thinking it wasn't on so I just thought meh why not, didn't want to make a thread just in case you can't but I'll go make one if it's all good ^^

Edited by Kypari (see edit history)