LemonMeister

Remove Delfino Airstrip

Remove Delfino Airstrip from TGH?  

21 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Remove Delfino Airstrip from TGH?

• Yes
    • No

There are no spawn rooms, there are no items except for a resupply cabinet in the middle of the map, and the entire layout is only two strips of concrete, a room with a locker in it, and water. It's hardly even a map. 

-1 Just because you don't like the map doesn't mean we should remove it. There's nothing functionally wrong with the map itself. If we were to get rid of all the maps that encourage a limited style of play, we would have to get rid of maps like bunker, jollyroger, darktower, seabed and more. Many of our regular players enjoy playing the map anyways and just because you don't like getting sniped from spawn means it should be removed. 

Although this map is very obnoxious for snipers, I personally enjoy the map for the nostalgia so I am unsure on whether to vote to get rid of it. I will abstain but I can definitely see both sides!

-1 this isn't supposed to be competitive, it's called "trade gaming history" for a reason. Airstrip is from a game, and plenty of people enjoy it to just roam around in. 

-1 while i don't enjoy playing on the map myself, it doesn't warrant it to be taken down. There is nothing wrong with the map. A lot of people enjoy playing on it though so there is that.

+1

I can understand that these maps are from other games and that they, therefore, may not be the most balanced for normal gameplay. However, I do think that there should be a limit/cutoff to this attitude. I, personally, think we should look at more than just, "Does the map function alright?". We don't really go onto this map that often and based off the very few times I've been there, I think I can safely say that there's a reason for that. From what I've seen, that map very often turns into Sniper wars and the reason I see that as a problem is because of how big, open space maps are very great for Sniper. On large, open area maps I don't think that there are that many counters to sniper aside from another sniper and in some cases Spy. Also there are some design decisions for that map that are just terrible like the one resupply cabinet by Blu team (I think it was).

Edited by DiaperHyperWolf (see edit history)