Bone

Bhop on Deathrun 2: Hop Again

Should Bhop be given a trial run on Deathrun?  

11 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Give Bhop a chance?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, YeEternalTuna said:

also the fact that now the death has an advantage for those mini-games at the end of each maps (dueling,racing,etc.) which wouldn't be fun to compete against.

Uhm you realize that he already has the advantage atm lol, right now the death is faster than runners by default so he already has an advantage in races. Which is the reason why death is able to jump the bhop on bandicoot in 2 jumps while red have to do it in 3

4 hours ago, Bone said:

So if someone doesn't use rage in FF2 when they know how, does it make it their fault if they lose or are the players just too good? If they choose not to use an advantage given to them, that's their choice.

I should have been clear that I meant the people who are new to DR/TF2 in general and are ignorant of the fact that they can get to traps faster using them. So yes, unless they actually turn around and say "oh this exists, I will just go back to ignoring this," it isn't really their fault.

5 hours ago, Kypari said:

Hm? I said it's not that hard implying it's easy to pick up. 

Not everyone is good at hopping, and it might not come so easily to players who just started playing TF2. 

3 hours ago, Krampus said:

Uhm you realize that he already has the advantage atm lol, right now the death is faster than runners by default so he already has an advantage in races. Which is the reason why death is able to jump the bhop on bandicoot in 2 jumps while red have to do it in 3

Not every map has that????

Note: Before someone makes a comment saying "oh he used a question mark multiple times, that must mean he's ANGERY," I'm going to just say that your assumption is incorrect. I can't begin to explain how much it annoys me when people make a big deal about it. It really means "I can't believe you right now, how long did you take to think on this?"

8 minutes ago, Tatost said:

I'm not referring to the speed boosts on maps, I mean legit his base speed is faster than runner's base speed (Which both teams do have a set base speed for every class), which that is the advantage that I'm talking about for minigames

31 minutes ago, Tatost said:

Not everyone is good at hopping, and it might not come so easily to players who just started playing TF2. 

That's what learning is for ^^ And of course, bhopping isn't something you have to do. You can just play normally instead and that works too ^^

32 minutes ago, Tatost said:

Note: Before someone makes a comment saying "oh he used a question mark multiple times, that must mean he's ANGERY," I'm going to just say that your assumption is incorrect. I can't begin to explain how much it annoys me when people make a big deal about it. It really means "I can't believe you right now, how long did you take to think on this?"

?

So I made a short video demonstrating how the plugin could work in game: *Note: I know it's not a 100% accurate representation due to not having a Death to operate the traps 

You may notice that it doesn't take much time at all to build up speed, which removes any concerns that not everyone can do it and that people will waste time building speed for 12 hours. If this is instead an issue, there's a cvar that causes speed only to be gained from more curved hops. The same cvar can be used to allow speed to be gained on straighter hops, but that would make it far too easy.

I'd also like to point out that even at full acceleration, it still took 2 jumps to get across the spikes after the bridge. So building up speed to magically skip traps won't happen. Also, if speed is a concern, the cap can simply be set to 400. This allows Death's base speed to be unchanged and still give Runners an extra 100 Hammer units per second on successive hops.

The plugin also makes air strafing easier (this can also be changed), so it makes juking much more accessible.