Aegean

Halo 3 Online... Free?

Not sure how long this has been around, but I swear I saw ads for it years ago and just assumed it was fake. Halo Combat Evolved was all I played back when I had a shitty $100 computer, the thought of being able to play anything akin to it again has me going nuts. Here's to hoping this turns out well.

18 hours ago, Rhododendron said:

192.99.237.157:11775 is the server! If anyone wants to manage it and upload custom maps or whatever, I can spin up more and give access out.

give access pls

I've been finding maps currently, so far the gamemodes I've found most fun are shark hunt, trash compactor / Garbage man, Jenga Tower, and Duck Hunt

I'll test my hosting capabilities if @Rhododendron doesn't give us access in time

23 hours ago, virr said:

give access pls

3 hours ago, Aegean said:

I've been finding maps currently, so far the gamemodes I've found most fun are shark hunt, trash compactor / Garbage man, Jenga Tower, and Duck Hunt

I'll test my hosting capabilities if @Rhododendron doesn't give us access in time

Message me and I'll give you the server details.

It was eldewrito. No idea what the state of things are anymore sadly since the hype seemed to die down really fast (player count dropped from ~9k to less then a 3rd of that in only a few weeks) but otherwise i think this should still be a way to install it easily.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/HaloOnline/comments/8dt2oo/first_time_install_instructions_for_06/

Edited by Elcark (see edit history)

Hype died down unfortunately but we can still host custom games on it whenever we want, there's just not enough interest from xG currently from my friends or others for me to host. Possibly a community night in June can bring some excitement back!