BonfireCentipede

Sucy the Mushroom

17 minutes ago, LAN_Megalodon said:

Otherwise he's keeping the servers populated while unable to start shit or will learn to stop starting shit, which is the best of both worlds

I'll say again what good is server population when it's full of people who make others uncomfortable and would lead to us actually losing population because people don't want to be near them.

What good is silencing someone when it has clearly had no effect on them before. 

Banning someone is the most clear way to outright avoid having someone like this on the server and to get the message across that we don't want people to behave like this around, both to them and anyone else. 

1 hour ago, Elcark said:

I'll say again what good is server population when it's full of people who make others uncomfortable and would lead to us actually losing population because people don't want to be near them.

What good is silencing someone when it has clearly had no effect on them before. 

Banning someone is the most clear way to outright avoid having someone like this on the server and to get the message across that we don't want people to behave like this around, both to them and anyone else. 

He literally cannot communicate with other people in this situation, I don't know how him just being around without being able to talk over the mic or text chat with anyone would be "uncomfortable". And we really need to be careful what we claim we're doing what for, it's dangerous to be as vague as "oh well he needs to be banned because he's making people uncomfortable" because plenty of things could hypothetically make people uncomfortable. Plenty of things many people here do or are into for instance

Whatever ultimately happens to Sucy should, one, make sense for his offense, two, actually solve the root problem of the offense, and three, ideally not be something that'll bite us in the ass later in any way. I would consider just banning server regulars for their interactions with their peers a bad idea, especially when their offenses aren't really related to in-game abuse of any kind, and they aren't specifically singling out individual players. I'm personally a little more inclined to not bring the ban hammer down full force on him because he just seems more like an idiot kid trying to be edgy to look cool in front of his generally more mature peers, as opposed to being a genuinely malicious actor, but you know, whatever, he's been warned before. 

But I'd still recommend that whatever decision is made affect his ability to negatively communicate with our other server regulars rather than just affect his ability to play on the servers completely, be it a three-month silence/perma silence + perma gag or whatever.

I see on the log that he has received two hour long bans and one day ban. A week minimum, two weeks maximum would personally be my choice.

You really shouldn't try to justify the multiple mutes as the requirement for a lengthy ban.
You muted the person, you had chances to ban that person, and you still chose to mute him? I could understand muting him a couple times, but why mute him seventeen times? It doesn't seem like people are using their head to make a rational decision. 

On 4/20/2018 at 4:24 AM, Kypari said:

There has not been much clarified as far as bans correlating to extended mutes goes unfortunately, which leaves a pretty obvious gaping grey area for what would actually be the right thing to do. If

Then realistically, there should be a decision on the right way to handle this situation before Sucy receives a potential punishment. Because regardless the context of what he has done, he should receive a fair punishment just like future rule breakers.
This needs to be a black and white area, not a gray area.

Mega, I can see what you mean about just keeping him muted, however I believe it'd be best to keep Sucy off of the server. There could be a possibility that Sucy himself could be harassed by other players for what has done, and I wouldn't want that on anyone. Especially since xG doesn't want to condone harassment to realistically anyone.

Lastly, we all have opinions on matters. Just because (not speaking for Sucy) someone doesn't like something and is verbal about it, don't take it to heart (to an extent). I don't like the whole furry idea, but I'm sure plenty of people don't like the whole weeb idea. 
In a perfect world, we wouldn't have issues, but perfection isn't literal. It's subjective.