Elcark

Objective Server Requests

So this may come as a surprise to people, but the objective based stock rotation server that was claimed to be started on months ago does actually exist and is still being worked on. Work did come to a standstill due to issues with plugins (I won't claim to know the full story) and the whole project was just swept under the rug, but now hopefully it can be revitalized and polished to be more properly completed. As it stands there are details being worked out, and the map pool will be based on those from the Payload, King of the Hill, and 5cp gamemodes.

For those who remember the votes that were being done for what to be done with the server, others were planned but I scrapped them so polls wouldn't get too convoluted. Instead, This thread will exist for people to voice on details that they would like to see on the servers so we can get a better idea just what everyone would like. So do shout out anything you would like to see and give feedback on what others have suggested. 

Previous threads for those interseted- here and here

Edited by Elcark (see edit history)

I'll try to take a look at some of them when I can though we are going to try and stick to more stock esque maps and nothing too outlandish. Don't be afraid to suggest anything though, if enough people want to push something we can try to work it out (this is why I want to stress feedback on others suggestions).

Also while map requests are nice and easy this is for any kind of suggestions you may have. Be it shorter or longer round times, maps you don't want to see like suijin or goldrush, or even certain plugins and details such as bhop (this is an example. We aren't adding bhop. That would be dumb.)

So as someone who plays ALOT of jump, i would think having a jump or jump tdm would the the poop. If we do jump or jump tdm i have plenty of maps as recommendations. Pros: •jump is extremely popular •jump maps are consistently being added and there are hundreds of existing maps already •jump maps have been talked about often in xG surf. Cons: •Large map variety making it hard to remember some •have to have an instructional jump bot plugin

20 hours ago, FrostyBoiGrim said:

So as someone who plays ALOT of jump, i would think having a jump or jump tdm would the the poop. If we do jump or jump tdm i have plenty of maps as recommendations. Pros: •jump is extremely popular •jump maps are consistently being added and there are hundreds of existing maps already •jump maps have been talked about often in xG surf. Cons: •Large map variety making it hard to remember some •have to have an instructional jump bot plugin

I think that this would belong better on @Bones rotation server imo but if possible I would LOVE to have some jump maps! Ill ask him about it Frosty

Edited by Johny3Tears (see edit history)

Maps wise, please no Powerhouse or like Hoodoo, those two maps give me nightmares thinking about them. Otherwise, most of the stock maps in those game modes are pretty nice.

As for plugins, I don't know if there are any plugins out there for auto scrambling teams, but that would be nice to have in the event of a complete roll.

53 minutes ago, EDNight said:

As for plugins, I don't know if there are any plugins out there for auto scrambling teams, but that would be nice to have in the event of a complete roll.

A forced team scramble of some kind to happen every couple rounds is something I'd like to see worked out myself. I shot the idea around awhile ago, though i'm not 100% how it would work yet, if it even could. 

6 hours ago, Elcark said:

A forced team scramble of some kind to happen every couple rounds is something I'd like to see worked out myself. I shot the idea around awhile ago, though i'm not 100% how it would work yet, if it even could. 

Yes, ideally this is how it just should be all the time. Autobalance is a fudgeing horrible disruptive system that punishes the members of a team who aren't huddling in a corner. If teams are unbalanced the round will just end that much faster and everyone will soon be able to enjoy the next more balanced round after teams are sorted between them. 

Also a couple of the maps I posted are custom halloween ones, idk if we want to have those on year round or whatever, but I tried to limit my maps to quality ones created by somewhat well-known creators who have already gotten some maps into the game regardless. I do think it's better if we try to keep ourselves from throwing any map that has an objective onto rotation. 

In addition to what I already posted, here's another: 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=454812035&searchtext=logjam

Just a heads up (and half assed bump to the thread) this will be set up no matter what since we have the empty server space anyways, but hasn't really been focused since there hasn't really been much support for it outside of a few individuals. If you do want it to get pushed out your best bet is to encourage others to show interest for it as well, but fingers crossed it can get the attention it needs soon(tm)