Thorax_

Minecraft or Gmod BotM?

Minecraft of Gmod BotM?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Minecraft of Gmod Build of the Month contests?

I was wondering what you all would think if we did a build of the month on Garry’s Mod instead of Minecraft.  This allows for much more dynamic builds that aren’t just a solid blocky statue.

This will also be much easier to host because of Garry’s Mod’s Peer-to-Peer servers, it would be free to host. 

Garry’s Mod will provide you with endless possibilities with its wide range of tools while minecraft limits you to bricks/blocks. 

Edited by TheSupremePatriot (see edit history)

GMod also has advanced duplicator, assuming you rock the same mods/games the builder is, you can just get the file and paste it onto your own local server to explore/see it

9 hours ago, TheSupremePatriot said:

@Chrono What kind of mod would that be to where you can paste something in?

You've never played gmod before have you?

Advanced Duplicator, It's a staple mod for any build server, darkrp, or otherwise known game mode that is build intensive, it allows you to copy entire builds and it creates a file for it. It copies every prop/entity that is welded or otherwise attached. (pulley, rope, etc.) it even copies the functions of tools such as doors etc with the proper key input (and keypads/buttons that activate it as well)

15 hours ago, Chrono said:

You've never played gmod before have you?

Advanced Duplicator, It's a staple mod for any build server, darkrp, or otherwise known game mode that is build intensive, it allows you to copy entire builds and it creates a file for it. It copies every prop/entity that is welded or otherwise attached. (pulley, rope, etc.) it even copies the functions of tools such as doors etc with the proper key input (and keypads/buttons that activate it as well)

I have indeed played Garry’s Mod.... just not as often as I have of TF2 on account of it not working well on my system for quite some time until under a year ago. I had the royalty of watching a blue screen for 10 minutes, then seeing it crash after waiting that long. ?  

I know of the standard duplicator but haven’t seen/used the Advanced Duplicator.  It does sound like an interesting tool, I’ll have to look into it.

Edited by TheSupremePatriot (see edit history)