Arnude

Literature

I'm sure some people here love a good book, like me. I love Shakesphere and other old timey authours.

What do you guys like to read, and would you suggest it?

I'm not really interested in Shakespeare or anything, but I read a lot of fiction.

Some of my favorites being the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson and Carve The Mark by Veronica Roth.

Edited by Tatost (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, Arnude said:

To Sir with Love? What's it about?

It's about racial discrimation and it takes place at a school in London. I don't remember the rest of it because I finished it last week.

2 hours ago, Donakonda said:

It's about racial discrimation and it takes place at a school in London. I don't remember the rest of it because I finished it last week.

That actually sounds pretty interesting.

I’m not much of a reader, which probably isn’t that great of a thing.  But when I do come across that one (occasional) book that catches my attention then I’m happy with it and could read it all day.

There were a few books I read in middle school that I absolutely loved but the titles have completely slipped my mind,  I wish I could remember though...

Some of my personal favorites are:

• Because of Winn-Dixie

• Tabby in the Tub (haven’t read in years but loved it.)

Edited by TheSupremePatriot (see edit history)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073TJ3J3J/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Starting here, there is a whole 25 book main series, 29 if you include the "non-canon" books.

They're all some of the most entertaining reads you can imagine. The story is built off of a DnD campaign that lasted decades between him, his wife, and their close friends. As the books got more popular, and the story flourished, the source material became less available (campaign no longer actively being played as of book 6 I think) the world continued to evolve and grow as the times did. If you like fantasy, LotR, DnD in general, or any of the sorts then you will not be disappointed. Like all books/movies with large stories though, don't expect to be dazzled with amazingly vivid feats of magic on page 1, instead expect the magic and excitement to be that of young orphan boys living a humble life as a insert profession's aid, waiting for the midsummer's celebration where he will have the right to be chosen as an apprentice or join the dukes army.

On 5/22/2018 at 12:17 AM, Chrono said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073TJ3J3J/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Starting here, there is a whole 25 book main series, 29 if you include the "non-canon" books.

They're all some of the most entertaining reads you can imagine. The story is built off of a DnD campaign that lasted decades between him, his wife, and their close friends. As the books got more popular, and the story flourished, the source material became less available (campaign no longer actively being played as of book 6 I think) the world continued to evolve and grow as the times did. If you like fantasy, LotR, DnD in general, or any of the sorts then you will not be disappointed. Like all books/movies with large stories though, don't expect to be dazzled with amazingly vivid feats of magic on page 1, instead expect the magic and excitement to be that of young orphan boys living a humble life as a insert profession's aid, waiting for the midsummer's celebration where he will have the right to be chosen as an apprentice or join the dukes army.

I'll look into it, thanks!

11 hours ago, Arnude said:

I'll look into it, thanks!

This is a link to the official website for the author: http://www.crydee.com/ it revolves mostly around this, but it includes his non midkemia books too

http://www.crydee.com/raymond-feist/reading-order/ that is the reading order section, it has the publish dates, the chronological for where they land in series, and then an alternate to get better story flow