Question

So I've been experimenting with cookie recipes online and I've already ended my crusade of experiments since I have found my perfect drop type cookie recipe but I want to start doing other types like pressed or bar cookies. I would like to ask: What should I start with? (Pressed,bar,etc.) If possible please provide some neat recipes that I can try out.

5 answers to this question

Darn, I was really hoping this was going to be you posting your own recipes.

Here's one for some bars I had not too long ago, my family does a lot of pressed cookies and such around the holidays so i'll see if I can dig up anything for those latter in the week.

• ¾ cup maraschino cherries, finely chopped (about half of a 16oz jar)
  • ¾ cup soft butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • ½ tsp vanilla
  • ½ tsp almond extract
  • 2½ cups flour
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp baking powder
  • Frosting:
  • 4 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
  • ¼ cup butter, softened
  • ½ tsp vanilla
  • ¼ tsp almond extract
  • dash of salt
  • 2½ - 3 cups powdered sugar
  1. For bars: Drain cherries well. Chop and set aside. Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and almond extract. Add flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir till combined. Fold in the cherries.
  2. Press dough into a well greased 9x13" pan. (I like to line mine with foil first.) Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes or till very lightly brown on the edges.
  3. Cool bars completely, then frost with cream cheese frosting.
  4. Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter till smooth and creamy. Beat in vanilla, almond extract, salt, and enough powdered sugar to make a spreadable frosting. Spread on bars.

Tuna for xG:C(hef)?

@Elcark you just gave me an idea. I might as well make a different thread made entirely for showcasing the recipes that I know and are given to me by xg members. I'll provide (okish) pictures and the details to the recipes. Thanks for the recipe btw

1 hour ago, YeEternalTuna said:

@Elcark you just gave me an idea. I might as well make a different thread made entirely for showcasing the recipes that I know and are given to me by xg members. I'll provide (okish) pictures and the details to the recipes. Thanks for the recipe btw

Can i request your best chocolate chip cookie dough recipe? I've been making cookies but they never really turn out the way i want them

Edited by virr (see edit history)