• In-Game Name
    feeling_funked
  • Identity
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/724fam
  • Ban Type
    Server Ban
  • Information

thanks seg for providing demos

apparently i cheated on the xg surf server. this should have been done a long time ago if only i'd been watched before. seems like i was only being watched then when i was playing on my alternate account and having them reveal after 10 solid minutes that it was me. i don't use any third-party software/cheats/macros at all, and if xg would like to attempt to prove so, give me all of the demos that supposedly prove that i cheat. i'll be glad to refute all of them.

Edited by maf427 (see edit history)

Here is the demo provided by @Matteomax, the begginning if fairly tame but the end gets very fishy plus quickspawning for combat. I will add further demos in a few minutes from myself

maf.dem

this demo doesn't really show much of anything other than a few quick snaps, not really enough to base anything off of. I stopped recording because I wanted to leave server and change my profile due to maf's knowledge of how many server commands work  (stealth, etc) but in doing so, it seems like something messed up the second clip I was creating so If anyone knows about restoration I believe I can also contribute that. Within minutes of joining the server he was by far top scoring (which for maf, is not unusual) but he is also clearly quick-spawning every time and as soon as people say hacking on the mic he immediately slows down his game style and seems to drop off skill a bit.

funked.dem

12 minutes ago, Johny3Tears said:

Here is the demo provided by @Matteomax, the begginning if fairly tame but the end gets very fishy plus quickspawning for combat. I will add further demos in a few minutes from myself

maf.dem

spectator at its finest.. lags a lot, especially around tick 16000 where it was an instinctive action to check the corner of the hallway.. it's closer, and looking the other way may risk you of getting killed just as easily. again, after peeking that corner, the demo loves to lag and didn't capture the footage of me looking the other way 5/1000th of a second before realizing the scout had been there. the head shot seems a bit fishy, but as far as i know, scouts love to peek snipers. they underestimate most snipers and don't expect what comes to them, so i zoomed in before he slid across my screen.

nothing in here is suspicious, to me, at least, other than the crappy tickrate that spectator runs on. not only that, but the latency of the player that is being spectated only makes it worse. anyways, i check a lot of my teammates, especially the medic at 15000 and the spy on the garbage truck at whatever tick that was. another thing to point out is that teammates' outlines appear through walls upon spawning back and fade away shortly, as seen in the demo, looking at bunt, the pyro on my team, through the wall going across the second floor building in the center of the map.

apart from that, yes, i have quickly spawned every single time that i have died in this demo. in the past, i would do it all the time, but use the checkpoint command to teleport back to where i was. i'm aware that quickly spawning and teleporting at the same time is against the rules, but fairly uncertain about the quick spawn alone. this whole quick spawn thing will change depending on the response i get.

2 minutes ago, Skeletal said:

How do i play these demo, please help me? 

add the demo into your team fortress 2\tf\ directory, go to the console, and type "playdemo maf"

How do i play these demo, please help me? 

Put it in teamfortress2/tf file and then in console in tf2 type "playdemo maf" or whatever file you have

Oh forum just updated didn't see mafs reply bout this kek

Edited by Krampus (see edit history)

so far these demos don't prove much of anything. Could you tell me a time stamp in these videos that show what you mean by "walling" and "aimbotting"? also correct me if I'm wrong but I thought quick spawning was allowed as long as you don't cptele into combat.

Just now, Frusty said:

so far these demos don't prove much of anything. Could you tell me a time stamp in these videos that show what you mean by "walling" and "aimbotting"? also correct me if I'm wrong but I thought quick spawning was allowed as long as you don't cptele into combat.

thought the same

I can admit to my own flaws within this topic, yes, it seemed fishy, yes I said it was some sort of aim bot that I had encountered before. But, in all honesty, I trust Maf. I know he's smarter than that.

My word may not carry much at the moment, even though I was watching. I can considerably say that I believe he's legit. Sorry for any inconvenience I've given you Maf.

+1 Watched both demos. Nothing suspicious from what I saw at all really, and instant-respawning is only not allowed when you use cptele and gain an advantage from it (like the element of surprise).

At the begginning of the maf.dem, i didn't see how maf couldve seen the cloaked spy at the edge of the platform, I just saw him shoot a cloaked spy. also there were a lot of mafs headshots that were so clean, other times you won't even hit a headshot. That could've been seen as toggling, but eh

At the begginning of the maf.dem, i didn't see how maf couldve seen the cloaked spy at the edge of the platform, I just saw him shoot a cloaked spy. also there were a lot of mafs headshots that were so clean, other times you won't even hit a headshot. That could've been seen as toggling, but eh

you mean the crouching, red spy? that's my teammate..?

Just now, maf427 said:

you mean the crouching, red spy? that's my teammate..?

it just started the demo so my bad, i trying to understand what was going on, other than that, the aim inconsistancy could be seen as toggling off and on

As far as I can tell from the demos provided there seems to be no real indication of wall hacking other than the one scout incident and even then he is one of the better snipers to come on the server and has gotten a lot of experience to know to check corners and to be good at aiming. 

I just saw him shoot a cloaked spy. also there were a lot of mafs headshots that were so clean, other times you won't even hit a headshot. That could've been seen as toggling, but eh

With the cloaked spy at the beginning of the funked demo, the spy had been mad milked and that's why he was able to see it's outline. Through both demos he missed a lot of shots and gotten good shots too, didn't seem like toggling at all and more like the fact that he's actually human.

Also about the whole cptele thing, that is allowed as long you are not to try and gain a combat advantage on other players by cpteleling right back after quick spawning to kill them, which maf had actually used to do, but in both demos he did not do that and was just normally quickspawning which is allowed

+1 for unban as there is no real evidence of wall hacks or aimbotting

5 minutes ago, Skeletal said:

it just started the demo so my bad, i trying to understand what was going on, other than that, the aim inconsistancy could be seen as toggling off and on

Or just a normal human missing shots and landing some which is relatively normal