1 minute ago, Skeletal said:

because staff and people in server were calling you a hacker, this isnt the first time this has happened

i'm the cause, and the effect varies. i'll have you know i play on the surf server almost every single day, and the day i play on without cosmetics without unveiling any sort of magical, spooky snippet that i'm, well, maf, i get banned. in layman's terms, i'm saying that this would've never happened if i wore cosmetics.

2 minutes ago, mrnutty12 said:

After reviewing the provided demos, I'll have to go with a +1 for unban. Aside from maf being his normal self on an alt for whatever reasons he may have, I don't really see any proof of actual illegitimate play.

Spectator mode runs the same as being on a team, it is demos that are weird looking. As far as I am aware they record the serverside version of events which is great for looking at projectiles, but hitscan is done clientside and thus looks really janky in demos.

Also I think @Elcark@Vexx and @Vargas have yet to give input.

yes, thanks for pointing out that demos cause this issue. i made a minor mistake in my part, but then again, the people viewing the demos won't be able to view the same things that were being recorded during that time. maybe any recording software like obs/shadowplay would have helped a ton.

adding on to my previous reply (can't edit anymore due to the length between og post and edit), i could have recorded footage myself, but without knowing i'd get banned, i have no footage for this session.

4 minutes ago, maf427 said:

i'm the cause, and the effect varies. i'll have you know i play on the surf server almost every single day, and the day i play on without cosmetics without unveiling any sort of magical, spooky snippet that i'm, well, maf, i get banned. in layman's terms, i'm saying that this would've never happened if i wore cosmetics.

you did reveal yourself though, they knew it was you and they stilled banned you. You spoke in chat. From what they saw, they thought you were hacking, when you first joined the server, you had some ridiculously fishy shots, but not enough concrete evidence could've been placed on you. You've always had some really stupid shots. Even when you are well known, people call you a hacker. I'm just confused why you use an alt, most people see your hours and realize that you arent, it seems to be easier for you and staff just to surf on your main

Just now, Skeletal said:

you did reveal yourself though, they knew it was you and they stilled banned you. You spoke in chat. From what they saw, they thought you were hacking, when you first joined the server, you had some ridiculously fishy shots, but not enough concrete evidence could've been placed on you. You've always had some really stupid shots. Even when you are well known, people call you a hacker. I'm just confused why you use an alt, most people see your hours and realize that you arent, it seems to be easier for you and staff just to surf on your main

i spoke in vc after having seg unveil me. he told everybody that the link to my main account was on my alternate's bio.

Just now, maf427 said:

i spoke in vc after having seg unveil me. he told everybody that the link to my main account was on my alternate's bio.

maf that was me that told everyone

Just now, Skeletal said:

maf that was me that told everyone

okay. revealed or not, it doesn't matter. seems to be the cosmetics that gets everybody's attention.

12 minutes ago, mrnutty12 said:

After reviewing the provided demos, I'll have to go with a +1 for unban. Aside from maf being his normal self on an alt for whatever reasons he may have, I don't really see any proof of actual illegitimate play.

Also @Skeletal there is absolutely no point in arguing the usage of an alt at this point, it's getting needlessly length and repetitive. It is not something that would be a problem and anyone can have their reason for such.

There's apparently a 3rd demo that has yet to actually show up, but until that point this will be closed as soon as a decision is made. If more evidence comes up in the future that points to actual hacking then he can always be rebanned. 

I don't believe the third demo will be recoverable so I would agree the evidence submitted is not enough to prove maf was hacking. I did not accuse maf for any reasons that were personal, just based on what I was seeing from my position showed signs of an automatic assist that was being toggled on and off. After spending many hours on server with maf I am well aware of his skill as sniper. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and drama this has caused. At this time I would like to +1 for unbanning him. @maf427 once again, i'm sorry.