Caleb956

FF2 server ideas

Making this thread mainly just to clean up FF2 a little bit since right now, these are some ideas I had that we could do to cleanup a few bosses and some bosses we could remove to clean up the menus.

Tagging peeps: @bagggel @Kypari @Nozomi @mrnutty12 @Spoopy @BonfireCentiped @Arnude @Precious @Krampus

@otherboys

Fujiwara No Mokou:
 -Widely accepted as an awful boss, no redeeming qualities and has a bad rage, on death rage.
 -Rage is supposed to stun people, which it doesn't.
 -On death she is supposed to be ubered for a short period of time, she doesn't get ubered and the phlog only does damage at point blank.
Solutions:
 -Remove the boss altogether for the reasons stated above.
 -Change the rage to something else, something like Knight's/Hitler's rage with the wide flame spread as an idea. (if possible)

Buzz Lightyear:
 -By far the strongest boss on the server, due to a combination of his speed, his rage and just how much mobility he has in general.
 -No glitches found in testing

Solutions:
 -Increase the rage buildup, his rage stuns everything global for at LEAST 7 seconds, gives him a rapid fire bison with 25 shots
and a speed boost.  Right now he gets his rage in 1750 health, one of the lowest (minus Heavydile), and this is compared to rages
that don't do NEARLY as much.
 -Decrease movement speed to be more in line with other hales on the server, based off of what I've seen hes one of the fastest
 hales on the server, but he also has one of the best overall kits compared to other kits, so it's unfair for him to be so fast.

Bosses to remove: Mainly made this list so that it clears up some spots on the server for other bosses we can potentially add since
there is a cap to bosses we can have on the server if I'm not mistaken.  Removing some of the bosses that aren't played would aid
this problem.

Radaghan Conagher: Never played

butt Pancakes: Never played

Chuck Norris: Never played

Garfield: Never played

HHH Jr: Never played

Dark Vader: Never played

Triceratops: Never played

Voice opinions below! ?

Edited by Caleb956 (see edit history)

On the topic of the hales that are never played, I can agree. Though Dark (Darth) Vader is liked by many, he's never used. So I can say that that set group of hales could be removed and replaced. We just need to get more suggestions.

3 minutes ago, maf427 said:

mlg sniper probably needs to get nerfed

Last time we did this sort of thing we actually buffed him, if anything needs to be nerfed at all it'd probably be his health, but I think hes in a good spot right now

1 minute ago, Arnude said:

On the topic of the hales that are never played, I can agree. Though Dark (Darth) Vader is liked by many, he's never used. So I can say that that set group of hales could be removed and replaced. We just need to get more suggestions.

well, it isn't easy to suggest a boss with balanced abilities. many are overpowered, and on the other hand, some others are underpowered. his chain lightning can have its bad and good moments, but nobody seems to play the boss

Just now, Caleb956 said:

Last time we did this sort of thing we actually buffed him, if anything needs to be nerfed at all it'd probably be his health, but I think hes in a good spot right now

i agree. his health should be reduced by at most 15%

Also, possibly drop the length on Bread Spy's rage? It's quite obnoxious.

Fujiwara isn't liked by about 80% (Roughly) of the players that actually come to FF2. Like Hitler's rage, it's quite broken. Perhaps we can discuss about trying to fix that with both the bosses? 

2 minutes ago, maf427 said:

well, it isn't easy to suggest a boss with balanced abilities. many are overpowered, and on the other hand, some others are underpowered. his chain lightning can have its bad and good moments, but nobody seems to play the boss

i agree. his health should be reduced by at most 15%

Like I said, we can take more suggestions and actually have a group of us sort out what is somewhat balanced and how we could balance. 

And a 15% health reduction would be incredibly fair honestly.

Also, can we agree to never add the Blitzkrieg+Bloodrider duo? People keep suggesting it and quite frankly, it's a bad idea.

21 minutes ago, Caleb956 said:

Making this thread mainly just to clean up FF2 a little bit since right now, these are some ideas I had that we could do to cleanup a few bosses and some bosses we could remove to clean up the menus.

Tagging peeps: @bagggel @Kypari @Nozomi @mrnutty12 @Spoopy @BonfireCentiped @Arnude @Precious @Krampus

@otherboys

Fujiwara No Mokou:
 -Widely accepted as an awful boss, no redeeming qualities and has a bad rage, on death rage.
 -Rage is supposed to stun people, which it doesn't.
 -On death she is supposed to be ubered for a short period of time, she doesn't get ubered and the phlog only does damage at point blank.
Solutions:
 -Remove the boss altogether for the reasons stated above.
 -Change the rage to something else, something like Knight's/Hitler's rage with the wide flame spread as an idea. (if possible)

Buzz Lightyear:
 -By far the strongest boss on the server, due to a combination of his speed, his rage and just how much mobility he has in general.
 -No glitches found in testing

Solutions:
 -Increase the rage buildup, his rage stuns everything global for at LEAST 7 seconds, gives him a rapid fire bison with 25 shots
and a speed boost.  Right now he gets his rage in 1750 health, one of the lowest (minus Heavydile), and this is compared to rages
that don't do NEARLY as much.
 -Decrease movement speed to be more in line with other hales on the server, based off of what I've seen hes one of the fastest
 hales on the server, but he also has one of the best overall kits compared to other kits, so it's unfair for him to be so fast.

Bosses to remove: Mainly made this list so that it clears up some spots on the server for other bosses we can potentially add since
there is a cap to bosses we can have on the server if I'm not mistaken.  Removing some of the bosses that aren't played would aid
this problem.

Radaghan Conagher: Never played

butt Pancakes: Never played

Chuck Norris: Never played

Garfield: Never played

HHH Jr: Never played

Dark Vader: Never played

Triceratops: Never played

Voice opinions below! ?

Also Pacman 2, he's NEVER played.

Also nerf the time on Gaara's rage? It lasts like what, 8-10 seconds?

7 minutes ago, Arnude said:

Also, possibly drop the length on Bread Spy's rage? It's quite obnoxious.

If we did that we would have to change that for every halo that does an effect like that to make it fair cause there are several bosses that do the same thing and I'm *pretty* sure the effect is global. 

7 minutes ago, Arnude said:

Perhaps we can discuss about trying to fix that with both the bosses? 

With Hitlers and Fujiwaras rage, I think the problem is more developer side, as in it's on the person that made me the boss. I dont think there's a way to fix it but @mrnutty12 knows more about it than me.

8 minutes ago, Arnude said:

Like I said, we can take more suggestions and actually have a group of us sort out what is somewhat balanced and how we could balance.

Yep! I agree, I think for now the best option is just to do things like this with a list of suggestions and see what the community thinks of them just so we can get a broader opinion on how people feel about changes. 

1 minute ago, Arnude said:

Also, possibly drop the length on Bread Spy's rage? It's quite obnoxious

It is pretty obnoxious but then again he is one of worst bosses on the server since he has such a weakness to melee and doesn't have much going for him

Also about the buzz light year nerf I agree a lot with what caleb said and definitely think that his rage speed should be lowered since during it his rage almost doubles his normal speed when the ray gun is held out, plus I think that they definitely do need to increase his rage damage requirement as he has a pretty high health formula, I would say that we should probably just double his rage dmg requirement up to 3500 as he has one of the strongest rages and best mobility in the air and on the ground during rage.

2 minutes ago, Krampus said:

It is pretty obnoxious but then again he is one of worst bosses on the server since he has such a weakness to melee and doesn't have much going for him

Also about the buzz light year nerf I agree a lot with what caleb said and definitely think that his rage speed should be lowered since during it his rage almost doubles his normal speed when the ray gun is held out, plus I think that they definitely do need to increase his rage damage requirement as he has a pretty high health formula, I would say that we should probably just double his rage dmg requirement up to 3500 as he has one of the strongest rages and best mobility in the air and on the ground during rage.

I don't recall what his speed increase was buffed to. Wasn't it like... maxed Scout speed in MvM fast? Or am I incorrect?

1 minute ago, Owlknight_ said:

How about sonic.exe be removed, he is barely ever played on the server unless you get him randomly.

Smh precious plays that you fool

1 minute ago, Owlknight_ said:

How about sonic.exe be removed, he is barely ever played on the server unless you get him randomly.

That's not 100% true, a few players (including myself) still play as him, we should be focusing on the hales that are actually 100% unused.

Just now, Arnude said:

I don't recall what his speed increase was buffed to. Wasn't it like... maxed Scout speed in MvM fast? Or am I incorrect?

I believe his average speed is about 330 hammer units per second and during rage it jumps up to about 520, which I believe scouts normal is at 400 hammer units per second. Though I am not sure how fast scouts max speed goes to in mvm